limiting email settings for members

Hi All,

Working my way through my first dating/social network site and I have just moved on to the email settings.  Using a test profile other than my admin one it appears that they have a vast array of formatting options available to them when writing an email, including adding an image url.  Firstly I would be wary of not being able to moderate what they inserted into an email, and secondly I cant help thinking that the format options are far more than my average love-lorn member will want.  Is there any way to cut the email options right back to basic text, with no extra formatting available?

I've searched the forums and google and found nothing regarding this, and this forum has been a life-saver on many occasions over the past few weeks!!

Thanks in advance,

Tom.

Quote · 11 Nov 2012

I remember I was editing some tinyMCE files somewhere somehow months ago, lol, so if you try to search for this term, for example http://www.boonex.com/forums/topic/Image-Upload-for-TinyMCE.htm - would it help? :)

Hi All,

Working my way through my first dating/social network site and I have just moved on to the email settings.  Using a test profile other than my admin one it appears that they have a vast array of formatting options available to them when writing an email, including adding an image url.  Firstly I would be wary of not being able to moderate what they inserted into an email, and secondly I cant help thinking that the format options are far more than my average love-lorn member will want.  Is there any way to cut the email options right back to basic text, with no extra formatting available?

I've searched the forums and google and found nothing regarding this, and this forum has been a life-saver on many occasions over the past few weeks!!

Thanks in advance,

Tom.

Quote · 12 Nov 2012

Hi,

I will take a look at that topic, thanks. I had an inkling the MCE stuff might rear its ugly head, I will do a search and we shall see!Smile

Tom.

Quote · 13 Nov 2012

Try to change the following lines from:

bx_import('BxDolEditor');
$oEditor = BxDolEditor::getObjectInstance();
$sEditor = $oEditor ? $oEditor->attachEditor ('#compose_message', BX_EDITOR_FULL) : '';

to:

$sEditor = $oEditor ? $oEditor->attachEditor ('#compose_message', BX_EDITOR_MINI) : '';

In templates/base/scripts/BxBaseMailBox.php file, to have basic HTML editor with minimum functionality.
You can also remove (or comment out) these lines to get rid of editor completely, but it will be problems with new lines.

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 14 Nov 2012

ok great, thanks AlexT, I will give that a try too!

Regards,

Tom.

Quote · 23 Nov 2012

Try to change the following lines from:

$sEditor = $oEditor ? $oEditor->attachEditor ('#compose_message', BX_EDITOR_FULL) : '';

to:

$sEditor = $oEditor ? $oEditor->attachEditor ('#compose_message', BX_EDITOR_MINI) : '';

In templates/base/scripts/BxBaseMailBox.php file, to have basic HTML editor with minimum functionality.
You can also remove (or comment out) these lines to get rid of editor completely, but it will be problems with new lines.

I've taken a look inside BxBaseMailBox.php in Dolphin 7.0.9 and I cant find this script.  Am I being totally dense? :-/

Quote · 24 Nov 2012

Since you post it in Dolphin 7.1 forum, I've posted solution regarding this version.

I've taken a look inside BxBaseMailBox.php in Dolphin 7.0.9 and I cant find this script.  Am I being totally dense? :-/

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 25 Nov 2012

Oops!! :-)

I was right, I was being dense.  I will try again in the correct forum, cheers!

Quote · 25 Nov 2012

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.