messages ( emails) with HTML -issue

anyone know how to tweak messages to allow HTML?

i have searched these forums but only find people with email sending issues not allowing html/and or WYSIWYG in messages to users?!?

Quote · 12 Aug 2008

Which Dolphin version do you use ???

Life is a fatal disease, sexually transmissible - Virginity is carcinogenic! Ask here for vaccine.
Quote · 12 Aug 2008

6.1.1 ad free with a bunch of tweaks

I also made  many security fixes by hand so i dont wanna upgrade 6.1.4 just yet.

Quote · 12 Aug 2008

anyone?Sealed

Quote · 13 Aug 2008

plz clarify

I have video tutorials to help you mrpowless.com
Quote · 14 Aug 2008
when a member sends a message to another member through dolphins email system it strips the formatting and displays basic text only and no html or richtext formatting. how do get it to not strip the formating and allow a richtext or html? -thank you for all your help
Quote · 15 Aug 2008
no ideas?
Quote · 17 Aug 2008

In D6.1 and D6.1.4 in Admin --> Settings --> Email Templates // is were you set your Text and HTML email settings for various messages.

Most Email/Webmail deactivate "html" for security reasons which any end user will have to go into there own mail settings and select "show HTML" In OutLook and RoundCube they have a link at the above Incoming emails which ask if you would like to view the email in HTML.

If your testing your own email at your own box and HTML is deactivated then adjust your local settings.

There is NO WAY in DOLPHIN or on a SERVER to FORCE email to view in HTML. This is not our decission which is why BOONEX has developed the Text and HTML versions in the Email Templates. HTML vs TEXT is an END USER Setting.

Hope this answers your email question.?!

Quote · 17 Aug 2008

HTML messages can contain harmful code and viruses  .....   plain text ASCII messages cannot.

Quote · 17 Aug 2008

theGhost: thanks!

but i was referring to the internal messages sent to a members email box not out to outlook or gmail.com

Quote · 19 Aug 2008

open compose.php and replace line 38

$_page['extra_js'] = $oTemplConfig -> sTinyMceEditorJS;

u will get  an  html tab

the tinymce strips it..

code already set to display html in messagesinbox.php

as seen here:

$ret .= process_html_output($message_arr['Text'], 255);

I have video tutorials to help you mrpowless.com
Quote · 20 Aug 2008

Mr Powerless:

I did the changes you listed and  it did not give me the HTML TAB or any wysiwyg type editor at all.

CORRECTION:

I checked my system files and found that my TinyMce was not the correct size, so i used the 6.1.4 Tiny folder that was found in the plugins directory and replaced it on my server.. all is good now.

thank you all for your help!!!!

-S

Quote · 20 Aug 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.