mysql query??

I swear that cupid.php has queued 1 million cupid mails so far but, I keep getting these emails back:

Warning: mysql_query(): Unable to save result set in /home/truluvli/public_html/inc/db.inc.php on line 106

Does anyone know how to fix this??? I am stumped, and I really don't know much about mysql.

Thanx, Rob

Quote · 12 Jun 2008

I have the same issue, my users are getting like 30 emails in a span of 5mins about matches on the site, I have disabled every cupid email function, but they still get it. I even disabled match making and gave a value of 99% to the match criteria but they still get bulk emails like crazy.

No one from Boonex or Dolphin seem to know how to fix this issue.

Quote · 12 Jun 2008

I take it that your running 6.1.1, did you just do the update? did you have a lot of members? Try going to Tools > Mass Mailer and delete the messages in the queue. It's possible If you just did an upgrade and you had a lot of members to reapply that could cause a problem. I have my cupid mails at 75% from 100% yesterday when I got up this morning I had 456,240 emails in queue, I've caught over a million of them and another thing, check your Cron Jobs half the problem might be there. I have cupid.php running every hour and watching my stats. You might have it running every minute.

Rob

Quote · 12 Jun 2008

Thanks for the speedy response, I went with the default cron the system spat out, I should go check that. I did not upgrade just bought the 6.1 and that was that. I will go check my crons now. Thanks again. My site is

http://www.activelocals.com

Quote · 12 Jun 2008

Let me know how you make out.

Rob

Quote · 12 Jun 2008

Ok a bit confused does this mean to run the script everyday at midnight?

0 12 * * * /path to cupid

?

Quote · 12 Jun 2008

Ok I just did this:

0 12 * * * /-------------------------------------------cupid.php

There doesn't seem to be any in queue now, hopefully that is the code for once everyday at noon.

Quote · 12 Jun 2008

0 0 * * *        this runs every midnight

*/12 * * * *     would be every 12 mins.

It's safer to make the changes if you have cpanel go to cron jobs there.

Rob

Quote · 12 Jun 2008

Got it... Thanks Rob

Quote · 12 Jun 2008

No problem, I just back from the library and there was nothing about mysql so I'm stuck unless someone can help me.

Quote · 12 Jun 2008

http://www.mynp1.com

6.1.1 update

As soon as I added the cron job, my server went into overload. I couldn't access site via ssh, cpanel or whm. Couldn't log into admin iether. My hosting company finally got in and and removed the cron job. Apparently my server was running at 45x + server loading. I have over 4000 members. Because of another issue I went back to 6.0005

I am about to have my 6.0005 upgraded to 6.1.1 again. Any ideas how I can avoid this issue again.

Thanks

Eric

Quote · 13 Jun 2008

Are you upgrading it yourself? if so, leave that Cron Job out when you get to that step. I hope they have a solution for this soon. I finally deleted that Cron as the mails wouldn't stop. It's better not to have that then loose members. If somebody else is doing the upgrade just tell them to leave that out and we'll wait for a solution.

Rob

Quote · 13 Jun 2008

Crontab syntax :-
A crontab file has five fields for specifying day , date and time  followed by the command to be run at that interval.

*     *   *   *    *  command to be executed
-     -    -    -    -
|     |     |     |     |
|     |     |     |     +----- day of week (0 - 6) (Sunday=0)
|     |     |     +------- month (1 - 12)
|     |     +--------- day of month (1 - 31)
|     +----------- hour (0 - 23)
+------------- min (0 - 59)

just thought i would post this so that those of you who are in need of this type of information are able to have it. good post and follow up rob.

i was able to get this information from Unix Cron Settings Admins Choice

i hope this helps somebody.

later,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 13 Jun 2008

While generating the lists for cupid emails the script has to handle a large no of profiles for your site (many members). So increase the memory limit for php and mysql. This will solve your problem.

Edit your php.ini

----
Quote · 14 Jun 2008

Thanx, I give that a try monday....right now I deleted the cron because it maxed out my server and they already suspended me twice.

Rob

Quote · 14 Jun 2008

You are welcome.

----
Quote · 17 Jun 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.