pending processing

Hello 

i have a little problem

i have to my hosting plan but he say me he dont have a issue in her hosting plan.. 

I have creat a dolphin network 

i works perfectly, but when i try yo upload a mp3 the files stay in pending processing and is not possible to approve this.. 

and i dont understand why ..

can you help me please??? 

i ve the oldest script and the old upladate of dolphin. 

cron tach is good .. 

thanks a lot ;)

regards 

florian 

Quote · 25 Oct 2017

ffmpeg is used to process the sound files.  Make sure that ffmepg.exe is set correctly for permissions.  You can set it to 777 without any security issue.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 25 Oct 2017

Hello there;) 

thanks for your reply .. 

yess the permission are correct.. i dont understand my host say me is not a problem with the hosting plan... 

is very strange .. 

thanks a lot 

regards

florian

Quote · 25 Oct 2017

Pending processing suggests the cron job isn't running or is not able to process the file. Make sure it's setup, and add a notification email to check for any errors.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 26 Oct 2017

If the cron job is not running, then more than just processing sounds won't be done.

Quote · 26 Oct 2017

Hello there, 

thanks for your reply

the cron tache is correct and works but i think the host bloc ffmeg on this hosting plan 

i ve an other web site on this server similar to soundcloud and on this web site the upload and listem mp3 works perfectly on the same server and plan.. 

is very strange no ??? 

thanks again for all

regards, 

florian 

Quote · 29 Oct 2017

Hello there, 

thanks for your reply

the cron tache is correct and works but i think the host bloc ffmeg on this hosting plan 

i ve an other web site on this server similar to soundcloud and on this web site the upload and listem mp3 works perfectly on the same server and plan.. 

is very strange no ??? 

thanks again for all

regards, 

florian 

Your other script probably isn't converting the uploaded MP3. Dolphin converts uploaded audio/video into different formats for compatibility, and also into the desired bitrate and quality settings. If your host isn't allowing PHP to execute ffmpeg.exe, or not allowing ffmpeg.exe to run at all, you'll need to find a new host or change to a VPS or dedicated server.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 29 Oct 2017

Some hosts will block scripts that execute for long periods of time and how long ffmpeg runs depends on the sound or video file it must process.  Just ask your host if they are blocking ffmpeg from executing.  If so, then your only choice is to find another hosting company.  I also provide VPS and Dedicated servers if you are interested but you will probably spend more than you are with your current host.  I currently don't offer shared Dolphin hosting but Nathan's company does.

Quote · 29 Oct 2017

Also, the message "Pending Processing" is not informative enough. Boonex should say something like "Pending Processing. Make sure cron job is set up properly, else your file won't finish processing". Show that to only the admin. This will help stop freaking out beginners

Quote · 5 Nov 2017

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.