photo/video upload glitch

Not necessarily locked to 7.1 as I've been having this problem since 7.0.6 for some members. 

Basically, a member uploads a photo successfully (any method), and never sees the expansion of the upload details, ie set title, description, category etc. The object also never appears on the spy/timeline/outline, but shows up as a valid album object and you can view/edit after the fact. 

If I take another test member account and do the same thing, it works just fine. The photo details expand after upload, allows them to be saved, and the item shows up in the timeline/spy. 

I have compared the member accounts in the database, the only difference is one member has some custom categories defined (the one that doesn't work). That same member also has deanos FBC defined with a facebook profile, but I wouldn't suspect this as culprit. 

Any ideas?

Quote · 6 Nov 2012

I have had this in 7.1 sometimes, but it happens randomly it seems. When you try it again it works in 99% of the occurences.

I have no fix for this.

Quote · 6 Nov 2012

Just finished testing across multiple browsers, no matter what it does not work for a certain user (definitely not an intermittent deal). The other user is flawless, every time.

Quote · 6 Nov 2012

Try to check user status, maybe this is non 'Active' user ?

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 7 Nov 2012

Members are all active.

It looks like I was able to fix this by re-installing the photos module. Not my ideal solution as there are over 5k uploaded photos that get lost, but I'm pulling the DB backups over one table at a time to see where it breaks, if it breaks again.

Quote · 9 Nov 2012

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.