photos cover not showing

Hi,

on the Photos page the photos cover ( _bx_photos_cover ) suddenly stopped showing the photos, it keeps looking for something to show (I only see the 3 dots pulsing) 

Anyone any idea where to start loking for the problem?

Thanks, Charles

Quote · 21 Feb 2017

I had the same issue on a site; I never got it working and replaced it with a module from the market.  I guessed that a javascript/jquery conflict was the cause but never found it and just gave up.  That is a big problem when you load a page down with javascript and jquery; conflicts are bound to happen and if you look at the page source you will see just how much javascript and jquery is added to a Dolphin page.

If you find the solution, I will be interested to see it.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 21 Feb 2017

@geek_girl, which module do you suggest? I have Global Photo Grid by Modzzz installed but that one doesn't work either.

Thanks, Charles

Quote · 22 Feb 2017

@Charles, that should tell you something. Have you posted on Modzzz Photo grid forum? He's very helpful and may be able to solve both problems for you. 

Did you by chance play with any files before this happened? Maybe something went wrong there.

It's just a suggestion, but I have another copy of Dolphin running on the same server and do all my testing on that. It only takes a minute or two to set up another copy using a directory in the root. If you did that, you could see if the problem is your server or even your home computer which may be running an outdated version of Java.

It's great to be able to compare.

Quote · 22 Feb 2017

Your local version of java has nothing to do with javascript or jquery.

Quote · 23 Feb 2017

Is it possible that a corrupt jpg file is blocking the photo cover from retieving all images?

Or maybe the photo cover file itself is corrupted/damaged. Where can I get the original file to compare?

Quote · 24 Feb 2017

That cover block uses some open source photo grid JS libraries.  You can see this by examining the page code.  The files are in the plugins/jquery but it is most likely some sort of conflict that is causing it.  Look in your browser error console to see if something is there to indicate the problem.

Quote · 24 Feb 2017

Personally, I think that Photo cover block is a bad idea and an eyesore; distracting with photos flipping around etc.  I suggest you just remove that block from the page.

Quote · 24 Feb 2017

It was a corrupted/damaged jpg file that stopped the photo cover from show anything. Removed the file and now it's working again.

Quote · 25 Feb 2017

It was a corrupted/damaged jpg file that stopped the photo cover from show anything. Removed the file and now it's working again.

It is still an eyesore, I wouldn't have it on my site.

Quote · 25 Feb 2017

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.