remove comments points help

Anyone know why this mod isn't working for me?

/inc/classes/BxDolCmts.php

modified>  'is_ratable' => 0, // allow rate comments or not

Thank

Quote · 15 Mar 2009

can you elaborate just a bit more? the question is excessively vague. is the on or off not working for you on the comments? and what is the mod that you are referring to?

Regards,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 15 Mar 2009

'is_ratable' => 1,       // allow rate comments or not

I hope that helps.

Quote · 15 Mar 2009

Agreed, that was  a terribly vague question.Embarassed

This is the change I was trying to make http://www.dialme.com/articles/entry/How-to-Hide-Comment-Points

Trying to remove the profile and classifieds points on comments , which don't seem to do anything useful.

Quote · 15 Mar 2009

Agreed, that was  a terribly vague question.Embarassed

This is the change I was trying to make http://www.dialme.com/articles/entry/How-to-Hide-Comment-Points

Trying to remove the profile and classifieds points on comments , which don't seem to do anything useful.

Ok, and thanks for coming back. i see now you are trying to turn off 0 the rating feature of the comments. and you have in fact edited the file, but the changes dont seem to be appearing for you? the instructions in my opinion, are adequate, and it may be that you are having a cache issue, or that you may need to recompile the language file from admin > settings > language settings

Regards,
DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 15 Mar 2009

Thanks for your help DosDawg.

You are correct, I made the changes but the points remain.

Tried deleting cache and recompiling still no change.

I did a few other tweaks described on this site and they all worked, so odd this one does not work.

Will keep moving and leave it for now.

Quote · 16 Mar 2009

In Dolphin 7.0.9 this is done in the database.  See sys_objects_cmts table.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 15 Sep 2012

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.