rms.boonex.com

Hi,

I installed the free dolphin and successfully got the free licenses and registered dolphin, orca and ray, howver MyPresence is working but Chat and Whiteboard are not working. In the BaseBettings I get the message that RMS Is Not Connected.

Can someone explain why it just shows a loading circle when entering Chat and Whiteboard (but not entering into chat ot the whiteboard), is there something else which needs to be done or amendments in any of the files.

Thank you 

Quote · 11 Jun 2008

don't use the rmsboonex these is not working for some time...

unflag use rms

Kids first
Quote · 11 Jun 2008

Hi

Thanks veru much, well by unchkecking the RMS it worked, but can I ask, will members be able to use Video Chat etc?

Quote · 11 Jun 2008

Im investing lot of hours in installation and customization.

What does mean for the site that rms.boonex.com will not work?

Widgets will not play? Any of them? Is there in the market any other rms server?

I even paid a few bucks for a translation package.

Quote · 20 Jun 2008

don't use the rmsboonex these is not working for some time...

unflag use rms

you are correct, and this can cause a lot of people to think they have issues with their installation. but in fact there are problems with the rms free connection. you have to understand, if it says free? you can believe that everybody and his dog is jumping on it. well what happens here is that you end up finding out it doesnt carry the load. plus what i have seen quite a few do, is load up the adfree, and purchase their licenses, only to find out that they can no longer use the rms.boonex.com and this of course does frustrate some of the people.

i think that we should all take a step back and start reading before we fire off that we are going to run this script. there is a lot involved in even getting started on this script, and you should be fully aware of all the ramifications. this is a time consuming energy draining suite to keep up with. of course i love it, and i maintain six sites for customers and 3 sites for myself and testing. i adore it.

later,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 24 Jun 2008

Well to be honest I think that's pretty CRAP!  If one of the main aspects of this package can't be used due to the rms server being down then I've been misold this package, I can't use the free widgets to see if they are any good and I'll be damned if I'm paying anymore for this crap, I've spent over 12 hours installing each package as I paid for a dolphin license only to find that I had to install the FREE version or I had to pay for widgets as well.

The sites are bland, they all look the same and nothing works as it should.. I think boonex are just making the money while they can because anything that is supported this badly can't live long... I've been installing and going round in circles on the web, seeing the same issues all over.. most sites that were running Dolphin are now dead (links) and those that are up look the same old same old.. I'm bored of this now...

Not a good experience I must say.

Quote · 5 Aug 2008
you are right in some way, burt you can install the free ray media server on your own dedictated server if you have. So most ray modules can run without the rms server, but with no video/audio possibility's. For the video/audio chat/IM/recorder you need the rms server. There are some who can offer you a place... Look into the forums.
Kids first
Quote · 7 Aug 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.