seperate server for storage

Hi I want to be able to store video's music and pictures on a seperate domain.

All I can see atm is that the upload pages need to be moved to the other server with the links changed and that the location of media being shown on pages changed to different domain/folder.

I think this option would be great for most webmasters as it allows the use of cheaper hosts for the purpose of storage.

I would gladly pay to have this as an option in the main admin panel and it woudn't take to much coding .

Also would be nice as I own 3 domains and would rather utilise them than expanding just one to gain more space...

Thanks for any suggestions/help

Quote · 5 Jun 2008

You wouldn't even need extra domains Subdomains can be pointed at different IPs just as easily. media1.yoursite.com media2.yoursite.com etc etc.

Quote · 5 Jun 2008

Yeah that would work just as well..would be great to have a seperate subdomain for each type and even better with unlimited bandwidth to get rid of any buffering.

Would be nice to have the option of choosing either during install or as an add on. I dont really fancy going through each page making sure all the links go to the right place.

Ideally a page where you can: Enter the web address of the file save program[                   ]

This could be anywhere on the web you need it to be.

Quote · 5 Jun 2008

what would be nice would be to throw videos to youtube and images to photobucket.....

Quote · 30 Sep 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.