smtp maximum email to send per hour

Hi,

from some days I receive from "Mailer-Daemon@eu11.tmd.cloud" many many errors via email like this:

"This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its

recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

[...user]@[...domain]

Domain xxxxxxx has exceeded the max defers and failures per hour (170/5 (50%)) allowed. Message discarded."

My Dolphin platform is using "Admin notifier" module to notify events to users via email... And it was functioning well.

Is it possible to set the max number of email to send per hour? Is this a solution for this problem?

Thank you.

Andrea

Quote · 27 Mar 2018

This isn't from Dolphin, and there's nothing like this that could be set from the script. Your host has a cap on how many emails your account can send out per hour (this is normal on shared servers to help prevent abuse). You'll need to contact them and ask them about this. They should be able to tell you more and find out what specifically is the reason for the failed/deferred limit being hit.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 30 Mar 2018

So I have to contact my hosting service seller (TMD hosting). Thank you for your help.

Andrea

Quote · 6 Apr 2018

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.