two minor probs

hello everyone,

just started with dolphin and the tools around and i'm pretty impressed.

everything is almost up and running as desired, besides two small issues with orca, for which i hope to get some helpful infos here:

free licence is not accepted.
i browsed through several forums and found this topic seems to be not only my problem. i re-generated the key several times and i - as described here as well - set the params.conf to 777 - no change. i keep getting the "invalid licence" popup (no matter using ff or ie).

this wouldn't bother me tooo much, as far as orca itself seems running anyway.

a bit more unhappy i am about the "latest forum post" box on the home-page. this keeps loading and loading - showing me the nice blue concentric animated dots - but no post shows up. is this maybe related to 1?

help would be much appreciated.

regards

olibert

Quote · 24 Jun 2008

Hi,

Check to see if your permissions are set correctly. Can you open your site up using a FTP program and change the files, try changing a file name or something. I had a problem with Host For Web where the permissions went haywire, even though I'd perviously set them correctly.

If you cant change the file names then you need to email your host and tell them that permissions are set up wrong.

You can always email support@boonex.com too. They've been very helpful to me.

Cheers

Max

Quote · 25 Jun 2008

hi max,

thanks for your input.

well - it doesn't seem to be a problem of the file-rights - i can change rights, rename them, etc.

what i found out is, that my provider doesn't allow RSS - and it seems that the "forum last post" boxes use rss to show rthe latest entries.

i assume, there is no workaround, huh?

regards

olibert

Quote · 26 Jun 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.