upgrades

when doing an upgrade it says to open a directory or folder like inc/  and then upload all files.My ??  is,do I also need to open each directory/folder inside and upload those files as well?Its not clearly stated in instructions.

Quote · 15 Jul 2008

Hi,

When you upload a file then all the folders within get overwritten automatically.

If you need to upload inc and all its contents into your inc folder simply open up your FTP program, navigate to your root where you can see all your folders and look for the one you wish to replace. In this case you are looking for inc.

Take the new inc and drag it into the root folder.

Noed do not upload it into the inc folder, but into the folder where you see inc. If you upload it into the inc folder you will just create an inc folder within the inc folder and it wont work.

When you do it correctly your ftp program will ask if you want to overwrite. Say yes and then new  inc will automatically overwrite all the old inc files and folders.

Cheers

Max

Quote · 15 Jul 2008

here is what i mean,

Step 2: Upload all files accordingly to their location in the script and in the patch file by file overwriting them.

Example: Open /inc/ directory of your site, also open /inc/ directory of the patch that you have downloaded to your PC. Upload all files contained in the /inc/ directory of the patch on PC to your site's /inc/ directory overwriting those already there.

Set the 666 permissions for the langs/lang-en.php file.

Note: Do not upload the folders from the patch overwriting the ones existing on your site.

it says not to upload the folders overwriting thye existing ones,kinda confused here

Quote · 15 Jul 2008

That part is a little confussing. I think they just want to make sure you are uploading all files and actually overwritting the originals. If you use a host control panel upload you probably aren't going to be able to upload a folder anyway. I guess if you could this might cause issues.

Ftp client software you can upload the folder and overwrite the contents and all files contained in the folder.

I do this all the time. They really just want to make sure you are overwriting them. If prompted by your program make sure you really do overwrite them. So yes you can actually just upload a folder. I've never had a problem with ftp client such as filezilla.

Before you make the jump into this. You should consider making and downloading a site backup from your host control panel, and your database from your host control panel. Just in case then you have the originals of last known working condition just in case.

gameutopia

DialMe.com - Your One and Only Source For Boonex Dolphin Tutorials and Resources
Quote · 15 Jul 2008

ty,

yes,ive dwnloaded and saved backups of main site and dolphin/.

I have ftp through my voda host and that will be much easier than opening folders inside folders and uploading all those files,ty againCool

Quote · 16 Jul 2008

Hi,

You can also just back up your site, backup your database, then renistall the latest version of Dolphin and then inmport your backed up database.

Cheers

max

Quote · 16 Jul 2008

ok,may have to do that but how do i import them?Frown

Quote · 17 Jul 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.