what after 2023?

What after 2023?

Have i to stop my sites?

http://www.busimatch.club ( The most exclusive business club)
Quote · 12d ago

no, it will work just fine. 

https://dolphin-techs.com - Skype: Dolphin Techs
Quote · 12d ago

no, it will work just fine. 

That's a bold statement indeed. Do you know something we don't?

It will only work fine if It's upgraded to PHP 7 or PHP 5.x isn't removed as an option on our servers and Flash is replaced with something else. Five years is a very long time!

There's been so much damage done by Boonex in the past 12 months, I find it difficult to see Dolphin being maintained and this forum being here in another year.

Or are we watching "Damage Control" with Andrew Boon making more posts in two months that he's done in the past two years and support appearing from everywhere? My guess is it's too far little, far too late.

I hope I'm wrong.

Quote · 12d ago

Well, dolphin_jay meant the code would still be working.  However, there are issues to consider and John is correct, PHP 7 is a big concern.  Many hosts are pushing customers to move to PHP 7.  1and1.com is forcing everyone to move to PHP 7 by charging extra if you want to run PHP 5.6.  Of course if one has the skill set, then a VPS or Dedicated would allow you to run whatever version of PHP one wishes.  However, not everyone is a sever admin.  You may have to move to a server or hire someone to help to keep your Dolphin site running.  That is why I let everyone know that I do offer VPS and Dedicated servers that I can set up to run the current Dolphin without issues.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 12d ago

We will update DolphinPro to support php7. After 2023, if you’d till haven’t trnasferred to UNA you’d be able to use DolphinPro as is, but further updates would require transition to an UNA-powered Dolphin solution. By then we should be able to make it seamless enough. 

Heart Head Hands
Quote · 11d ago

Start thinking about 2022.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Michel - Meta-Travel.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TravelNotes.org - The Online Guide to Travel
Quote · 8d ago

I apologize in advance because I haven't had a chance yet to read all discussion regarding Dolphin vs. Una. It looks like a conversion tool to migrate Dolphin Pro sites over to UNA is in the works. If that is the case, I certainly would make the change to UNA. However, I'm not clear on the pricing part. I currently have a Dolphin Pro permanent license and host my years running Dolphin Pro site myself. If I migrate to UNA and want to have the same functionality of my current site, will I be required to pay $50 per month to use UNA, or can I migrate to UNA using my Dolphin Pro license without a $50 per month charge?

Quote · 8d ago

I apologize in advance because I haven't had a chance yet to read all discussion regarding Dolphin vs. Una. It looks like a conversion tool to migrate Dolphin Pro sites over to UNA is in the works. If that is the case, I certainly would make the change to UNA. However, I'm not clear on the pricing part. I currently have a Dolphin Pro permanent license and host my years running Dolphin Pro site myself. If I migrate to UNA and want to have the same functionality of my current site, will I be required to pay $50 per month to use UNA, or can I migrate to UNA using my Dolphin Pro license without a $50 per month charge?

Unless Boonex has backed away; nothing is written in stone when you are talking about Boonex, you can convert your license to an UNA licence where you have full access to the UNA apps.  Once you convert, you can not revert back to a Dolphin licence.

Quote · 8d ago

As far as reverting a UNA License back to Dolphin, this isn't what I've been told in e-mail this week by Mark P.

Quote from e-mail:

Yes the Pro plan includes automatic updates (I just realized that's not clear on the UNA.IO site, so thanks for pointing that out, I will get it fixed :) - and yes I'm sure we could arrange a swap back to Dolphin if you were not content with UNA.

Mark P
support@una.io

UNA, Inc.
https://una.io

Quote · 8d ago

yes I'm sure we could arrange a swap back to Dolphin if you were not content with UNA.

Thanks for the input but please note that this statement is iffy.  Perhaps Andrew will clarify this.  Since Andrew has announced that licenses for Dolphin Pro will continue to be sold then yes, they should be able to put the licence back in your Boonex account.

Quote · 7d ago

Thank you for the responses everyone. So, it seems, and I hope, that I will be able to convert a permanent Dolphin Pro license to UNA and not have to pay an additional $50 per month if I host on my own.

The real point of my concern I guess was the possibility of a $50 monthly fee. I run a free site for a "hobby" community. I already cover the hosting fees on my own which I'm fine with, but if it cost me $50 a month in addition, I'd need to close it down. 

Quote · 7d ago

Thank you for the responses everyone. So, it seems, and I hope, that I will be able to convert a permanent Dolphin Pro license to UNA and not have to pay an additional $50 per month if I host on my own.

The real point of my concern I guess was the possibility of a $50 monthly fee. I run a free site for a "hobby" community. I already cover the hosting fees on my own which I'm fine with, but if it cost me $50 a month in addition, I'd need to close it down. 

I suggest that you put up an UNA site and let them test it.  They might not like UNA.

Quote · 7d ago

To clarify, UNA and Dolphin licenses are interchangeable. You can use either system, or both, under same license. 

Heart Head Hands
Quote · 7d ago

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.