With this module installed your website complies with the European "Cookie Law". The Cookie Law is a piece of privacy legislation that requires websites to get consent from visitors to store or retrieve any information on a computer, smartphone or tablet.
It was designed to protect online privacy, by making consumers aware of how information about them is collected and used online, and give them a choice to allow it or not.
This module adds a notification to your website about cookies that your website uses and gives the visitor the option to allow you to store cookies and a link to your privacy page.
The module is highly configurable and has all the options you need to comply with the "Cookie Law", but can also be used for displaying other messages on your website.
- Enable link to Privacy statement
- Configure custom privacy statement
- Automatically accept cookies
- Accept cookies when a visitor navigates to another page
- Accept cookies when a visitor scrolls down the page
- Accept cookies when a visitor clicks anywhere on the page
- Disable page interaction until the visitor accepts cookies
- Cookie validity period
- Renew cookie when a visitor returns
- Always show message, regardless of a visitors cookie preference
- Different effects for displaying message (slide/fade/hide)
- Append or prepend the message
- Append/prepend message to any object on the page
- Set "fixed" class
- Force message to bottom of page
- Custom Z-index
- Custom CSS
- Dutch and English language files included