Deanos Facebook Connect Support - part 2

6 Nov 2012

Version 4.1.2 Released.

Minor fix and update for Dolphin 7.1.0

http://www.boonex.com/m/Deanos_Facebook_Connect_Version_2_0

https://www.deanbassett.com
6 Nov 2012

Hi Deano, 

is there any way to stop the creation of accounts which have a blank nicknames? I've seen an increase of these errors since installing your module:

INSERT INTO `Profiles` SET `NickName` = '', `Email` = '', `FirstName` = 'Chris', `LastName` = 'Smith', `Sex` = 'male', `DateOfBirth` = '1980-01-01', `Password` = '28623a18fac7a51044b22eb3ab301bc795886a72', `DescriptionMe` = '', `FavoriteBooks` = '', `Interests` = '', `FavoriteFilms` = '', `FavoriteMusic` = '', `Religion` = '', `RelationshipStatus` = '', `City` = '', `Country` = 'CA', `zip` = '', `Role` = '1', `dbcsFacebookProfile` = 'XXXXXXXXXX', `DateReg` = '2012-11-07 11:54:48'

Mysql error: Duplicate entry '' for key 'NickName'

(I have an account without a nickname already which I've deactivated and banned which is why it's showing as a duplicate entry)

a snip of the debug from it:

[sSessionKey] => 4d519b58d67f6a77d2524d04743babc3
                            [sFacebookSessionUid] => facebook_session
                            [_iId] => 115
                            [_sVendor] => Deano
                            [_sClassPrefix] => BxDbcsFaceBookConnect
                            [_sDbPrefix] => bx_dbcs_facebook_
                            [_sDirectory] => deano/deanos_facebook_connect/
                            [_sUri] => deanos_facebook_connect
7 Nov 2012

Hi Deano, 

is there any way to stop the creation of accounts which have a blank nicknames? I've seen an increase of these errors since installing your module:

INSERT INTO `Profiles` SET `NickName` = '', `Email` = '', `FirstName` = 'Chris', `LastName` = 'Gorman', `Sex` = 'male', `DateOfBirth` = '1983-05-21', `Password` = '28623a18fac7a51044b22eb3ab301bc795886a72', `DescriptionMe` = '', `FavoriteBooks` = '', `Interests` = '', `FavoriteFilms` = '', `FavoriteMusic` = '', `Religion` = '', `RelationshipStatus` = '', `City` = '', `Country` = 'CA', `zip` = '', `Role` = '1', `dbcsFacebookProfile` = '654480443', `DateReg` = '2012-11-07 11:54:48'

Mysql error: Duplicate entry '' for key 'NickName'

(I have an account without a nickname already which I've deactivated and banned which is why it's showing as a duplicate entry)

a snip of the debug from it:

[sSessionKey] => 4d519b58d67f6a77d2524d04743babc3
                            [sFacebookSessionUid] => facebook_session
                            [_iId] => 115
                            [_sVendor] => Deano
                            [_sClassPrefix] => BxDbcsFaceBookConnect
                            [_sDbPrefix] => bx_dbcs_facebook_
                            [_sDirectory] => deano/deanos_facebook_connect/
                            [_sUri] => deanos_facebook_connect

Have you enabled the options of that module allow members to choose a password and a nickname at signup?  Show me a screen shot of your settings.

If those are enabled, then disable them. Those features have been found not to work reliably on some servers.

7 Nov 2012

Have you enabled the options of that module allow members to choose a password and a nickname at signup?  Show me a screen shot of your settings.

If those are enabled, then disable them. Those features have been found not to work reliably on some servers.

OK I did have the option to allow changing of the nickname, can I leave the "prompt for password" on? Is it possible for user's to set a blank password? 

7 Nov 2012

OK I did have the option to allow changing of the nickname, can I leave the "prompt for password" on? Is it possible for user's to set a blank password? 

I would shut both of them off until i can find the cause of the problem, and a solution.

The generated password is shown to them after signup, and emailed to them. So letting them change it during signup should not be needed.

7 Nov 2012

Hi Deano, I am having a nightmare of a problem with the FB Connect that came with Boonex and I found that you have one that was updated recently so hopefully would have addressed the issue. I am in the process of purchasing it  but I am weary of the support you will give if things dont work the way they should during installation - although the feedback is great here. Do you do installation for a fee? Thanks!

New at this but getting there
8 Nov 2012

Hi Deano, I am having a nightmare of a problem with the FB Connect that came with Boonex and I found that you have one that was updated recently so hopefully would have addressed the issue. I am in the process of purchasing it  but I am weary of the support you will give if things dont work the way they should during installation - although the feedback is great here. Do you do installation for a fee? Thanks!

I am on several times a day. So if you have problems just let me know.

Details about your "Nightmare" would have been more helpful. What the problems are specifically. There are some things that can't be fixed simply by trying a different facebook connect module. For example. If curl is not working on your server, which is a dolphin hosting requirement, then no facebook connect module will work.

The facebook side of things must also be correct. I provide screenshots here to assist with that. http://www.deanbassett.com/images/facebook_screenshots/

8 Nov 2012

Thanks for the quick reply. I have now purchased your module but I cant find any info on installation - I'm a newbie so be gentle- I have managed to upload it to my boonex module on the cp. How ever when I tried to install it gives me this error 

Cannot install module from "deano/deanos_facebook_connect/" directory Failed

Can you please point me to a step by step guide or even tell me the right directory to install it to? Thanks

8 Nov 2012

Unpack the zip archive on your PC.

The install instructions are included with the module.

But it looks like you may have tried to upload the module to the boonex folder which is the wrong location. Or your trying to use the uploader that is built into dolphin. That does not work. So use a normal FTP client following the instructions that come with the module.

If you still continue to have problems then send me your site access info. Dolphin admin and FTP and i will install for you.

I will need the facebook API keys as well.

8 Nov 2012

Thanks Deano. I have sent you a private message with the info. You're the man!

8 Nov 2012

I sent you a PM back.

You did not send all the info i needed, and there appears to be a problem with your sites DNS. I cannot get to the site with the URL you provided.

8 Nov 2012

I just want to say a big public thank you to Deano. He is as good as all the feedback here on the forum. I bought a module before and got no support at all from the cowboys that sold it. They never replied my email! But Deano gave me all the time I needed and did not hesitate to throw himself into it. Thank you so much. You are a lifesaver! 

8 Nov 2012

Your welcome.

I see you have the mod working now. But you have gone overboard with the spam filtering in dolphin.

You need to disable the spameatingmonkey DNS filter. It blocks all ip addresses. No one can signup on your site while that is enabled. Not just facebook signups, but normal join form signups will be blocked also.

8 Nov 2012

Is there any way to block user's from joining that do not have an email address in facebook (people who have joined only using their mobile #). Their mobile # goes into the email address field and always results in excess mail since boonex will try to send to it anyway...

Also, since using this I'm still seeing quite a few DB errors every day, due to duplicate Nickname's... not sure what's happening there... but it's always through your module...

12 Nov 2012

Is there any way to block user's from joining that do not have an email address in facebook (people who have joined only using their mobile #). Their mobile # goes into the email address field and always results in excess mail since boonex will try to send to it anyway...

Also, since using this I'm still seeing quite a few DB errors every day, due to duplicate Nickname's... not sure what's happening there... but it's always through your module...

I will look into it. As i do nto have a mobile that i can actually use with facebook you will need to send me some samples of what facebook connect puts into that field during signup. I cannot test anything mobile.

As for the other issue. If you have made sure those options are off as i suggested, you will need to send me a few of the database errors for analysis. Also let me know how many signups you get per day. So far i have not been able to reproduce the problem.

EDIT: Oh and one other thing. When these duplicates occur, is the account it's trying to create a duplicate of an active or banned or does the account have another status. When i look for problems, i also have to take possible dolphin bugs into consideration as well.

12 Nov 2012

Sure, on the next occurrences, I'll send you a PM.

12 Nov 2012

Button of 'DEANOS FACEBOOK CONNECT' on the Login of 7.1 

Is there any way to put a button on 'login' to work in different languages.

15 Nov 2012

Button of 'DEANOS FACEBOOK CONNECT' on the Login of 7.1 

Is there any way to put a button on 'login' to work in different languages.

No.

The button is image. It's not transulatable.

I will see if i can find a transulatable way of doing it.

15 Nov 2012

Deano,

Do we have to have this field "dbcsFacebookProfile" on the join form?

What happens if the joining user inputs the wrong info there?

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
18 Dec 2012

Deano,

Do we have to have this field "dbcsFacebookProfile" on the join form?

What happens if the joining user inputs the wrong info there?

It does not have to be. You can move it to inactive but do not delete it.

What happens if the wrong info is added depends on another setting which is On connect, match facebook account to existing
dolphin account if email address matches.

Match on facebook ID has priority so the following will happen depending on settings.

If email match setting is off and no match is found for the facebook ID then a new account will be created. If the member manually entered a facebook id during signup or editing the account and entered a incorrect id then facebook connect will end up creating a new account next time they try to use it because no match could be found.

If for some reason they enter a facebook ID for a different facebook account that also happens to be signed up on your site, there is a posibility facebook connect could connect to the wrong account. That however would be extreamly rare. You would have a better chance of winning 10 million lottery jackpot.

Now if the email match option is on and no match is found for the facebook id then facebook connect will attempt to find a match on the email address. If a match is found then facebook connect will connect to that account and write the facebook ID into the ID field. It will set a value if empty and overwrite if one is there but does not match the facebook account. So in essence it will correct a incorrect facebook id if that email match option is on.

There is also here a rare possibility to match to the wrong dolphin account. That would only happen if someone for some reason managed to use someone elses email address in their facebook account which is highly unlikely as it is not their email address they would not be able to confirm it.

18 Dec 2012

It does not have to be. You can move it to inactive but do not delete it.

I will be doing this..

Thanks!

18 Dec 2012

I'm using your FB connect on an adult site that I have set the age at "18 -75"

I just found a new member that is 16, and used FB connect. I there a setting I missed, or can set?

30 Dec 2012

up

30 Dec 2012

I guess this need another bump to the top to get noticed.. hello Deano

I just found a new member that is 16, and used FB connect. I there a setting I missed, or can set?

31 Dec 2012

I'm seeing the same thing actually... but I think using facebook connect, it's bypassing that check as it autofills the data and shoves it through... the boonex one did the same I think... I also get an account with a blank nickname... almost everyday... (I keep deleting it cause it screws up the avatar's some how due to a bug??)

31 Dec 2012

I'm surprised Deano is not telling me yes or no... at least reply.

31 Dec 2012

Deano, is there anything we can do?

31 Dec 2012

Sorry. These topics are no longer showing up on the page i normally look at http://www.boonex.com/forums/

So i did not notice it.

FB connect does not check for age when joining. I don't even think the boonex version does that. I will have to see if i can get a age checking into the next version.

This never crossed my mind, and it's also never been brought up before.

31 Dec 2012

Thanks, this would really help..

Sorry. These topics are no longer showing up on the page i normally look at http://www.boonex.com/forums/

So i did not notice it.

FB connect does not check for age when joining. I don't even think the boonex version does that. I will have to see if i can get a age checking into the next version.

This never crossed my mind, and it's also never been brought up before.

31 Dec 2012

I'm seeing the same thing actually... but I think using facebook connect, it's bypassing that check as it autofills the data and shoves it through... the boonex one did the same I think... I also get an account with a blank nickname... almost everyday... (I keep deleting it cause it screws up the avatar's some how due to a bug??)

Do you have any of the prompt options on in facebook connect.

Like prompt for email, nickname or password?

If so. Try shutting them off.

31 Dec 2012

Do you have any of the prompt options on in facebook connect.

Like prompt for email, nickname or password?

If so. Try shutting them off.

yes, using the auto fill. makes sense now to turn off and check for my self.. thanks

31 Dec 2012

Age checking is now in the next version. It will prevent signups if the age is below what you have set as a minunum in your site.

Another bug with redirects that use the {nickname} key for dolphin 7.1 to deal with the change in how 7.1 deals with nicknames.

I am still looking into a couple more bugs so this will be a day or two before it's released. I want to see if i can clean up the prompts for password, nick ect and deal with facebook accounts that were created from a mobile phone that may have their phone number in the email address field instead of a valid email address.

1 Jan 2013

That's great to hear! I don't use on 7.1 yet, just testing on the one beetle site

1 Jan 2013

Age checking is now in the next version. It will prevent signups if the age is below what you have set as a minunum in your site.

Another bug with redirects that use the {nickname} key for dolphin 7.1 to deal with the change in how 7.1 deals with nicknames.

I am still looking into a couple more bugs so this will be a day or two before it's released. I want to see if i can clean up the prompts for password, nick ect and deal with facebook accounts that were created from a mobile phone that may have their phone number in the email address field instead of a valid email address.

Oh great, I could use a couple of those fixes :)

thanks deano

1 Jan 2013

Maybe you can do a check for blank nickname's too? I'm still seeing lots of those which leads to problems with avatar's (all black ones)...

2 Jan 2013

Maybe you can do a check for blank nickname's too? I'm still seeing lots of those which leads to problems with avatar's (all black ones)...

I need to know if you are using any of the prompt options such as prompt for password, nickname or email.

I have still not seen any issues with blank nicknames. I can't seem to reproduce it.

2 Jan 2013

I turned  them off for a while as per your suggestion, but it didn't make a difference... so I have it back on again... both username and password.

3 Jan 2013

Hi Dean,

get those errors since today:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp/sess_64a5587328f59cdee6c482ed84f9fe65, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /home/xxxxx/public_html/modules/deano/deanos_facebook_connect/inc/fbsdk/dbcs_fbc_facebook.php on line 38

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/xxxxx/public_html/modules/deano/deanos_facebook_connect/inc/fbsdk/dbcs_fbc_facebook.php:38) in /home/xxxxx/public_html/modules/deano/deanos_facebook_connect/inc/fbsdk/dbcs_fbc_facebook.php on line 38

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxx/public_html/modules/deano/deanos_facebook_connect/inc/fbsdk/dbcs_fbc_facebook.php:38) in /home/xxxxx/public_html/inc/admin_design.inc.php on line 47

Diddy is not greedy and has time. Dolphin is cool and its not just mine :-)
9 Jan 2013

Hi Dean,

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp/sess_64a5587328f59cdee6c482ed84f9fe65, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /home/xxxxx/public_html/modules/deano/deanos_facebook_connect/inc/fbsdk/dbcs_fbc_facebook.php on line 38

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/xxxxx/public_html/modules/deano/deanos_facebook_connect/inc/fbsdk/dbcs_fbc_facebook.php:38) in /home/xxxxx/public_html/modules/deano/deanos_facebook_connect/inc/fbsdk/dbcs_fbc_facebook.php on line 38

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxx/public_html/modules/deano/deanos_facebook_connect/inc/fbsdk/dbcs_fbc_facebook.php:38) in /home/xxxxx/public_html/inc/admin_design.inc.php on line 47

The first error points to a permission denied error in your servers tmp folder. The path is /tmp so this is not the dolphin tmp folder it is the servers tmp folder.

Your need to contact your host for this one. Your servers hard drive may be running out of space. PHP is trying to write session data to the servers tmp folder and failed when trying to do that. This is the cause of the error and is server side.

The second two errors are nothing more than a chain reaction as a result of the first error. Clear the first one up, the rest will resolve itself.

10 Jan 2013

Hello, can you tell me is this module compatimile with this one:

http://www.boonex.com/m/Mandatory_Confirmation

Anybody tried?

Problem is with point 3, but I think everything is possible to do in file:

BxDbcsFaceBookConnectModule.php

Am I right?

10 Jan 2013

Hello, can you tell me is this module compatimile with this one:

http://www.boonex.com/m/Mandatory_Confirmation

Anybody tried?

Problem is with point 3, but I think everything is possible to do in file:

BxDbcsFaceBookConnectModule.php

Am I right?

Has not been tested.

10 Jan 2013

Thank you, but I think this is not necessary, because if you use FB Connect - it means, that you confirmed your email and your personality is true, so you dont need to use additional confirmation together with http://www.boonex.com/m/Mandatory_Confirmation

Am I right?

10 Jan 2013

I also agree. I also believe it defeats the purpose of facebook connect.

Besides, if you force this then the additional features of the module such as importing of photos will not work because dolphin requires accounts be active to be able to import photos.

I do not believe AntonLV's mod will interfere with my current version. As long as you don't try to modify my facebook connect to do it. My new version has a option to over ride dolphins moderation settings and make facebook accounts active while still allowing normal signups to require confirmation.

10 Jan 2013

I am installing (Reinstalling) latest version on my OSHO site and then getting this error msg.

Database query error
Query:
INSERT INTO `sys_localization_keys`(`IDCategory`, `Key`) VALUES('110', '_FieldCaption_dbcsFacebookProfile_View')
Mysql error:
Duplicate entry '_FieldCaption_dbcsFacebookProfile_View' for key 'Key'
https://www.facebook.com/4thmolar
11 Jan 2013

The language key _FieldCaption_dbcsFacebookProfile_View already exists. You will need to manually remove it. In fact search for dbcsFacebookProfile in the languages section to see if any other keys show with a match and remove those as well.

11 Jan 2013

Worked... deleted two more search results and reinstalled. :)

https://www.facebook.com/4thmolar
11 Jan 2013

Thanks Deano,

The issue is fixed now :-)

Hi Dean,

The first error points to a permission denied error in your servers tmp folder. The path is /tmp so this is not the dolphin tmp folder it is the servers tmp folder.

Your need to contact your host for this one. Your servers hard drive may be running out of space. PHP is trying to write session data to the servers tmp folder and failed when trying to do that. This is the cause of the error and is server side.

The second two errors are nothing more than a chain reaction as a result of the first error. Clear the first one up, the rest will resolve itself.

Diddy is not greedy and has time. Dolphin is cool and its not just mine :-)
12 Jan 2013

Hey Deano. I just upgraded to OSHO. I am trying to uninstall 4.1.0 and install 4.1.2. I am getting the following error

Uninstallation of: Deanos Facebook Connect Failed
-- Changing database:
-- -- There are errors in the following MySQL queries:
-- -- Error:
ALTER TABLE `Profiles` DROP INDEX `dbcsFacebookProfile`;
-- -- Error:
ALTER TABLE `Profiles` DROP `dbcsFacebookProfile`;

I have looked in the Profiles table but do not see any dbcsFacebookProfile entries. Also, I did a search for all dbcs language keys and removed them from the Language settings. There were quite a few.

Any other ideas? Thanks!
Jeremy
12 Jan 2013

Nevermind...I got it uninstalled. I edited the Uninstall.sql script to exclude the Alter table commands and it took it out the list successfully.

Thanks

Jeremy
12 Jan 2013
12 Jan 2013

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.