Free Dolphin 7.1 'Pages' Module - Partie Deux

Continuation of Free Dolphin 7.1 'Pages' Module

Since the autopilot nuked the previous topic, I have no choice but to continue the topic manually.

Here's the latest update.  I have provided AndrewP with versions of his 'Photo Albums For Groups' and his "News For Groups' module that I ported over to this pages module.  Look for them soon in the market.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
20 Jan 2013

UPDATE:

I have ported AndrewP's 'Scheduler for Groups' module over to this one and have provided him with a copy of the modified source. 

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
21 Jan 2013

Very nice work Houston!

Ultra Newb reporting for duty.
21 Jan 2013

i just wanted to say thank you for this module :)

22 Jan 2013

Just an FYI - Andrew has now updated his 'Group' modules to include a separate instance for the Pages module provided by HL.

A great big thanks to both of you!!

Nothing to see here
22 Jan 2013

RE:

Just an FYI - Andrew has now updated his 'Group' modules to include a separate instance for the Pages module provided by HL.

A great big thanks to both of you!!

Good News.  Here's a list of those modules:

http://www.boonex.com/m/News_for_Groups

http://www.boonex.com/m/Photo_Albums_for_Groups_module

http://www.boonex.com/m/Scheduler_for_Groups_module

Andrew told me he added a 'Blog module for Groups/Pages' to his to-do list.   All good news.  I may set up a demo domain for all this stuff so people can get a better idea what this can do for a Dolphin site.

22 Jan 2013

Hey HL,

What do you think about these being available for Pages?

- Group Chat (Rayz) - I believe you may have already mentioned this one. Should be fairly easy to port over.

- Group Page Customizer (Modzzz) - Could have potential. According to the support forum, it seems to only change the 'main page' though.

Just suggestions...

Nothing to see here
22 Jan 2013

RE:

Hey HL,

What do you think about these being available for Pages?

- Group Chat (Rayz) - I believe you may have already mentioned this one. Should be fairly easy to port over.

- Group Page Customizer (Modzzz) - Could have potential. According to the support forum, it seems to only change the 'main page' though.

Just suggestions...

If Rayz chat weren't such a clusterfk of an application, I'd be all for it and would have already done it.  I may still port it over, but it's way down the list of priorities.   Modzzz group page customizer would certainly be helpful for some, as well as AntonLV's Group Page Composer.

Personally, I still can't get out of my head, all the aesthetically challenged people of MySpace that were given the freedom to customize their page anyway they wanted.  They collectively created one of the biggest anti-artistic messes in the history of the world.  If I were to use any type of customizer on any of my sites, it would only be to the extent that users could select from predefined themes that I defined... and users would not would not be allowed to put lavender text on pink and brown glitter backgrounds.

22 Jan 2013

When a video is uploaded to a "page", should it show in the timeline or was that left out intentionally?

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
23 Jan 2013

RE:

When a video is uploaded to a "page", should it show in the timeline or was that left out intentionally?

I don't see any functions in the groups module that relate to video uploads as a spy event.

23 Jan 2013

RE:

I don't see any functions in the groups module that relate to video uploads as a spy event.

Just asking.. I have no clue how the "groups" operated before this.

24 Jan 2013

For anyone who is interested. Rayz ported his Group Chat to work with Pages on my website and it works great.

He stated that if you purchased (or have already purchased) the Group Chat module and would like it for HL's Pages module, then you can contact him directly and he will do it for you.

A great thanks to Rayz for doing this.

Nothing to see here
26 Jan 2013

RE:

For anyone who is interested. Rayz ported his Group Chat to work with Pages on my website and it works great.

He stated that if you purchased (or have already purchased) the Group Chat module and would like it for HL's Pages module, then you can contact him directly and he will do it for you.

I did my own port of Rayz group chat module, and I used the popup version.  What I did won't install concurrently with groups chat, but I don't use the groups module. 

27 Jan 2013

RE:

I did my own port of Rayz group chat module, and I used the popup version.  What I did won't install concurrently with groups chat, but I don't use the groups module. 

HL sorry I'm confused did you port the chat module to your pages?  Where can I download the most up to day pages module with all the recent additions?

Thanks!

28 Jan 2013

@SyberSolutions - You can download pages from the 1st page of this forum topic here: Free Dolphin 7.1 'Pages' Module

As for the additions, the modules that have been 'ported' to work with Pages are ones that we have purchased and the developer has created separate instances to install for Pages. The links we have provided are ones that have been updated to work with Pages. You will need to buy them and then install them.

Nothing to see here
28 Jan 2013

I will add, that the way Rayz ported group chat over to pages, it will not install as a separate module along with group chat.  You have to choose one or the other.  It's not an issue for me, because I don't use the group module.  I'm sure he did it this way because of the licensing requirement.  I don't think it's even possible to create a version that will install concurrently with group chat because the licensing stuff appears to be coded in flash, and expects to find specific file names, and I believe you'd have to change some of those file names for a concurrent installation. 

28 Jan 2013

Thanks Zarcon

29 Jan 2013

how can I add icon for pages link located at the  'add new ...' area of member menu please ?

DedicatedServer4You.com -- BIGGEST Range of Dedicated Servers at the Lowest Price!
4 Feb 2013

see part 1

4 Feb 2013

when adding .sys-icon.page:before                { content: "f016"; }

I get f016 where the icon should be ?

see part 1

DedicatedServer4You.com -- BIGGEST Range of Dedicated Servers at the Lowest Price!
4 Feb 2013

.sys-icon.page:before                { content: "f016"; }

Dammit.... I know what the problem is, this forum removed the backward slash when I posted the css.  There is supposed to be a backward slash right before f016

4 Feb 2013

I hope you know, that    has declared this module to be worthless in This Topic, so you probably shouldn't be using it.

4 Feb 2013

i added that to icons.css and all I get in the 'add new...' part of member menu is f016 !

I was manually adding 'file' icon before to pages DB tables to get it to show in stats block and on other relevant pages etc ... could I have caused it to stop working?

.sys-icon.page:before                { content: "f016"; }

4 Feb 2013

I like it ..... awesome stuff :)

I hope you know, that    has declared this module to be worthless in This Topic, so you probably shouldn't be using it.

4 Feb 2013

For some reason the backward slash that is supposed to be right before f016 is stripped out every time I try to post the css.

4 Feb 2013

this worked

great mod ... thanks again :)

4 Feb 2013

.sys-icon.page:before                { content: "\f016"; }

4 Feb 2013

OK... to get a backslash to appear, you have two type two of them

4 Feb 2013

well .....

1) it's free >> no better price than that

2) it's better and has more potential than some mods being sold !

3) I'm another happy user along with many others I see ...

I like it ..... awesome stuff :)

4 Feb 2013

Well, by itself, it's just a clone of the groups module, but there are now 4 third party modules that can be added to this, and more on the way.  I just wanted a way for businesses, organizations, and professionals to have a robust web presence on a site I'm working on, without them having to call themselves a group.  My theory  is that many, many websites within the primary website, will do positive things for traffic and member interaction.

4 Feb 2013

Just curious did you also do this for 7.0.9?

Csampson
22 Feb 2013

Personally this MOD turned a lot of lights on for me.  Having said that this concept is the logical progression and thought pattern of the outline and Js-query don't you think HL? To me it is totally about boards and to me boards, pages are very practically the same thing.  The only difference is the board is the next ladder step of succession.  Pages Woo Hoo well done HL boards would be amazing indeed. And I am very curious what HL thinks about that? 

Csampson
22 Feb 2013

During my recent SVN of a test site, I noticed in the /install/sql/v71.sql has been modified to include the "pages" module.

Can someone confirm this? http://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/ticket/3041

INSERT INTO `sys_objects_site_maps` (`object`, `title`, `priority`, `changefreq`, `class_name`, `class_file`, `order`, `active`) VALUES('pages', '_sys_sitemap_pages', '0.8', 'weekly', 'BxDolSiteMapsPages', '', 4, 1);

23 Feb 2013

During my recent SVN of a test site, I noticed in the /install/sql/v71.sql has been modified to include the "pages" module.

Can someone confirm this? http://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/ticket/3041

INSERT INTO `sys_objects_site_maps` (`object`, `title`, `priority`, `changefreq`, `class_name`, `class_file`, `order`, `active`) VALUES('pages', '_sys_sitemap_pages', '0.8', 'weekly', 'BxDolSiteMapsPages', '', 4, 1);

no, it has nothing to do with pages module from HL..

23 Feb 2013

Thank you...

23 Feb 2013

Thanks for this houston and for doing it for free, i have read through all the posts and a relevant question came up from csampson as to whether or not you do this for 7.09 which is the version i am also using. Also i would like to ask could i change it from pages to games as my site is aimed at gamers and i would like a games tab were i can add real games to like the game i have already http://zyngajunkies.com/dolph/page/mafiagodfathers. Really i would like it to be like facebook were i click on a games post or games link down left hand side on my sites front page and it takes me to game with the address being something like apps.zyngajunkies.com/mafiagodfathers do you know how i could do this and also how i could post for help from game to main wall of site ??? like zynga games do on facebook ????? please help.

3 Mar 2013

I would have considered your request, until you said this:

Really i would like it to be like facebook

3 Mar 2013

so sorry forget i said that then, just wanted my site to resemble it a bit as planning on getting the zynga gamers onto my site. Heck if i get enough zynga might even use my site for there games ( dreaming i know hahahaha)

3 Mar 2013

Is it it working with the Mozzz band module?

onlyheavymetal.com
4 Mar 2013

RE

I'm not sure what you mean by that question.

4 Mar 2013

I think he's wondering if the "Pages Module" is compatible with the "Modzzz Band Module".

http://ModMyCMS.com --> Dolphin Hacks &Mods
4 Mar 2013

Yup without the addition of the "Timeline for Pages" this Mod was pretty much a worthless addition to my site...... sorry if it offended you but as it was stated it was really just a clone of the group mod...which I do not use for the simple fact it does not come "pre-set" with a "wall of it's own....  Pages module is very good addition - with the new "Timeline for Pages" added....... You guys need to relax and learn to tell the difference between a simple statement or opinion like - "worthless to me without a Timeline" and a bitching put down of you and or your mods like -  "this fukin mod suks, it's a piece of shit" etc... it's all good for me tho...... 

4 Mar 2013

RE:

Yup without the addition of the "Timeline for Pages" this Mod was pretty much a worthless addition to my site...... sorry if it offended you but as it was stated it was really just a clone of the group mod...which I do not use for the simple fact it does not come "pre-set" with a "wall of it's own....  Pages module is very good addition - with the new "Timeline for Pages" added....... You guys need to relax and learn to tell the difference between a simple statement or opinion like - "worthless to me without a Timeline" and a bitching put down of you and or your mods like -  "this fukin mod suks, it's a piece of shit" etc... it's all good for me tho...... 

I believe you have mistaken me for someone that gives a shit about your opinions.  There are a handful of people here, that truly understand how a simple change can alter someone's perception of something.  Others, like yourself, will never, ever "get it". 

4 Mar 2013

I think that whoever is taking his time to add value to our Boonex sites deserves all the respect from every Boonex user. From my part I am very grateful to Houstonlively for his time on this project.

Question now (hopefully i haven't missed it) - Will video and store be integrated too?  

Thank you

29 Mar 2013

the latest 7.1 will not install

Installation of: Pages Failed

All for one and one for all....ah sod it who am i kidding!
13 Apr 2013

Hello HL.. Its a wonderful mod you have set out to do.. Before installing, just wanted to know if its compatible with D7.1.2? Thanks in advance.

20 May 2013

Hello HL.. Its a wonderful mod you have set out to do.. Before installing, just wanted to know if its compatible with D7.1.2? Thanks in advance.

If it failed on 7.1, then it will certainly fail on 7.1.2

Geeks, making the world a better place
21 May 2013

I have been traveling and have not had much time to spend on this.   I'll get it updated one of these days.  You Dolphin users should be quite accustomed to things moving at a glacial pace.

28 May 2013

I have been traveling and have not had much time to spend on this.   I'll get it updated one of these days.  You Dolphin users should be quite accustomed to things moving at a glacial pace.

He's Back!

29 May 2013

will this work with 7.1.3 or any idea when this will be updated ?

11 Jun 2013
14 Aug 2013

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.