Free Dolphin 7.1 'Pages' Module - Partie Deux - part 2

Quote · 14 Aug 2013

Anyone got any update re 7.1 install working?

Thanks

Quote · 14 Aug 2013

I have installed this successfully and have it fully working with the latest version of Dolphin. I also tested, and got it installed and fully working with last 2 versions ..

/modules/boonex/pages/install

Edit:- config.php

Enjoy ;)

$aConfig = array(
    /**
     * Main Section.
     */
    'title' => 'Pages',
    'version' => '1.1.0',
    'vendor' => 'Boonex',
    'update_url' => '',

'compatible_with' => array(
        '7.1.ADD YOUR VERSION HERE'
    ),
DedicatedServer4You.com -- BIGGEST Range of Dedicated Servers at the Lowest Price!
Quote · 30 Aug 2013

I have installed this successfully and have it fully working with the latest version of Dolphin. I also tested, and got it installed and fully working with last 2 versions ..

/modules/boonex/pages/install

Edit:- config.php

Enjoy ;)

$aConfig = array(
    /**
     * Main Section.
     */
    'title' => 'Pages',
    'version' => '1.1.0',
    'vendor' => 'Boonex',
    'update_url' => '',

'compatible_with' => array(
        '7.1.ADD YOUR VERSION HERE'
    ),
I did that and got this...

Installation of: Pages Failed
-- Changing database:
-- -- There are errors in the following MySQL queries:
-- -- Error:
INSERT INTO `sys_menu_top`(`ID`, `Parent`, `Name`, `Caption`, `Link`, `Order`, `Visible`, `Target`, `Onclick`, `Check`, `Editable`, `Deletable`, `Active`, `Type`, `Picture`, `Icon`, `BQuickLink`, `Statistics`) VALUES(NULL, 9, 'Pages', '_bx_pages_menu_my_pages_profile', 'modules/?r=pages/browse/user/{profileUsername}|modules/?r=pages/browse/joined/{profileUsername}', @iCatProfileOrder, 'non,memb', '', '', '', 1, 1, 1, 'custom', '', '', 0, '');
-- -- Error:
INSERT INTO `sys_privacy_actions` (`module_uri`, `name`, `title`, `default_page`) VALUES('pages', 'view_page', '_bx_pages_privacy_view_page', '3'),('pages', 'view_fans', '_bx_pages_privacy_view_fans', '3'),('pages', 'comment', '_bx_pages_privacy_comment', 'f'),('pages', 'rate', '_bx_pages_privacy_rate', 'f'),('pages', 'post_in_forum', '_bx_pages_privacy_post_in_forum', 'f'),('pages', 'join', '_bx_pages_privacy_join', '3'),('pages', 'upload_photos', '_bx_pages_privacy_upload_photos', 'a'),('pages', 'upload_videos', '_bx_pages_privacy_upload_videos', 'a'),('pages', 'upload_sounds', '_bx_pages_privacy_upload_sounds', 'a'),('pages', 'upload_files', '_bx_pages_privacy_upload_files', 'a');
Csampson
Quote · 3 Oct 2013

sys_privacy_actions table:

no field named default_page, instead there is a field named default_group with a number as a value.

sys_menu_top table:

@iCatProfileOrder for field Order in sql query may be the issue. I had this issue with a module a while back and ended up using '' instead, and then putting in the number after

this is looking at a 7.1.4 database - dont exactly know which 7.1 you are running or if there is a difference in earlier 7.1s

caredesign.net
Quote · 3 Oct 2013

So thinking about adding this to another site I am messing around with. Does anyone have this working OK with 7.1.4? I see where some changes needs to be done to the config file and a couple of sql changes. If someone has it working, would you be willing to re-attach a zip file that contains the changes needed for 7.1.4? 

Nothing to see here
Quote · 13 Dec 2013

Going to bump this a bit. Still wondering if anyone has tested this module to see if it works with 7.1.4.

Nothing to see here
Quote · 15 Jan 2014

I have this working on version 7.1.4

Vunderba..... Challenge Yourself to be the Best...... Hosting from Zarconia.net
Quote · 16 Jan 2014

OK, so I was having some issue with this in 7.1.4 and decided to redo the whole 'Pages' module (aka group clone) and it's now available for download in the Market. For free of course, out of respect for HoustonLively :)

Nothing to see here
Quote · 19 Jan 2014

Hi,

What about if I want another module instead of pages, let's say something similar but called "artists". Is it just needed to search and replace all the "page"for "artists"?

Many thanks

Quote · 24 Mar 2014

RE:

Is it just needed to search and replace all the "page"for "artists"?

That's the general idea, but you have to be careful.  For instance, you have to be careful not to rename database table names such as sys_page_compose.  On Zarcon's Pages module, he renamed a two instances of 'group' to 'page' and broke a function.  Instead of reverting the incorrect changes, he got Deano to add 30 lines of code to fix what that broke.  It still drives me nuts just thinking about it.

It's a fairly easy process, but you have to be careful.  Let me know if you need some help with it.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 25 Mar 2014

he got Deano to add 30 lines of code to fix what that broke.  It still drives me nuts just thinking about it.

I could have chosen to just undo that. But i instead did it the way i did it to provide more isolation to the module so those functions could be edited independently if they should need to be. Not that they ever will need to be. There are already tons of modules that share code that really should not be sharing code.

Don't really understand why that bugs you so much.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 25 Mar 2014

RE:

Don't really understand why that bugs you so much.

I don't either. It just does. 

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 25 Mar 2014

RE:

Is it just needed to search and replace all the "page"for "artists"?

That's the general idea, but you have to be careful.  For instance, you have to be careful not to rename database table names such as sys_page_compose.  On Zarcon's Pages module, he renamed a two instances of 'group' to 'page' and broke a function.  Instead of reverting the incorrect changes, he got Deano to add 30 lines of code to fix what that broke.  It still drives me nuts just thinking about it.

It's a fairly easy process, but you have to be careful.  Let me know if you need some help with it.

@

What about the file names itself, should I replace it's name also:

for example:

BxPagesCalendar.php for BxArtistsCalendar.php ...

Thanks

UPDATE:

haha just fu**** up, I had a page module installed, then added the artists module, installed it and of course messed up, since the DB tables would be named the same, bx_pages... so, uninstalled all modules, dropped the pages tables and now I have a clear message saying:

Error
Database query error

Hopefully It was the test environment, so I'm restarting a fresh installation....
Quote · 30 Mar 2014

Have a look at this post: http://www.boonex.com/forums/topic/Free-s-Module.htm

Quote · 30 Mar 2014

Have a look at this post: http://www.boonex.com/forums/topic/Free-s-Module.htm

ok, and here's my dumb question:

To have the url as http://site.com/m/artists/view/artist-page how should I do?

Quote · 30 Mar 2014

if you look at HLs last post, it is a few modules he created to make it easy to duplicate the groups module. So, if you download one of those - say the Bastards one for example - then you would:

A - change the name of the files in the classes folder to meet your needs. In my case (my modules are not in the dolphin flder) I renamed them all to CfResourcesXxxxx.php. You could use something like KaArtistsXxxx.php.

B - change every reference of Bastard to Artist. (I drop the 's' off of the end, that way it changes both instances with or without the s

C - change every instance of bastard to artist

D - change every instance of BASTARD to ARTIST.

E - if using a custom module name - such as KaArtist, then make sure that you rename the module folder, and place it the module directory properly. ie. modules/karl/artists

F - change every reference of boones to karl, and every instance of Boonex or BoonEx to Karl.

G - change instances of bx_artist to ka_artist

This is just the steps that I do, and hope it gets you situated for your module. But making those changes should take care of everything.

Also - as an added tip: while developing, go into inc/classes/BxDolDb, and change

define( 'DB_FULL_DEBUG_MODE', false);

to

define( 'DB_FULL_DEBUG_MODE', true );

this will display what the DB error exactly is if you run into anymore.

caredesign.net
Quote · 30 Mar 2014

There are specific instructions in the downloads in that thread

Quote · 30 Mar 2014

Trying to re-name Groups as Tribes - for a project Im working on,

have had no probs renaming Articles, and some other mods but renaming Groups seems to throw up this error when trying to install the module

Any ideas what needs to change for this to install?

Working with renaming Modzzz version of Premium Groups, rather than the standard Groups module.

There are errors in the following MySQL queries:
-- -- Error: 

INSERT INTO `sys_privacy_actions` (`module_uri`, `name`, `title`, `default_tribe`) VALUES('tribes', 'view_tribe', '_bx_tribes_privacy_view_tribe', '3'),('tribes', 'view_fans', '_bx_tribes_privacy_view_fans', '3'),('tribes', 'comment', '_bx_tribes_privacy_comment', 'f'),('tribes', 'rate', '_bx_tribes_privacy_rate', 'f'),('tribes', 'view_forum', '_bx_tribes_privacy_view_forum', '3'),('tribes', 'post_in_forum', '_bx_tribes_privacy_post_in_forum', 'f'),('tribes', 'join', '_bx_tribes_privacy_join', '3'),('tribes', 'upload_photos', '_bx_tribes_privacy_upload_photos', 'a'),('tribes', 'upload_videos', '_bx_tribes_privacy_upload_videos', 'a'),('tribes', 'upload_sounds', '_bx_tribes_privacy_upload_sounds', 'a'),('tribes', 'upload_files', '_bx_tribes_privacy_upload_files', 'a');
Quote · 11 Apr 2014

default_tribe should be default_group

You can't just replace every instance of 'group' with something else.

Quote · 11 Apr 2014

just accidently clicked 'report' on this post instead of 'quote'...!

Is that all that needs changing, or all the instances of 'tribe' back to 'group' in sys_privacy_actions?

also, does this just need to be changed in the install.sql file or somewhere else also?

Thanks

Quote · 11 Apr 2014

I don't have Modzz premium groups module, so I can't answer questions about it.

Quote · 11 Apr 2014

thought it might be pretty similar to standard groups so far as converting it goes, it overwrites the standard groups module in boonex folder rather than in a Modzzz folder (within modules)

no worries, will see if Jerome can help

Quote · 11 Apr 2014

Hey HL,

I added this to the htaccess file to get the forum to work did I miss something? As it is not working for me...

RewriteRule ^forum/pages/(.*)$  modules/boonex/forum/$1?orca_integration=pages [QSA,L]

Fatal error: Call to undefined method BxPagesModule::isAllowedReadForum() in deleted/classes/BxDolTwigModule.php on line 870

Csampson
Quote · 17 Apr 2014

Can I ask where you got your pages module?  There are several versions floating around.

Quote · 17 Apr 2014

Sure -  houstonlively Smile

Csampson
Quote · 18 Apr 2014

I'll attach a better version after I've had a chance to look it over and package it up.  I use a version where I gave the pages module its own gallery function to use a cover photos, since I use it with AndrewP's photo albums mod.

This is the one I use: http://houstonlively.com/m/pages/view/Admin-Test-Page?skin=somethingNew

The gallery images are clipped at top and bottom... I didn't see adding a $30 'Cover Photo' mod when the functionality is already there.  This version will still work with any of the page module addons by AndrewP

Quote · 18 Apr 2014

Great and Thank you for all you do...I love that page module...

Csampson
Quote · 18 Apr 2014

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.