@moderators, why was my topic locked?

I am curious as to why my topic was locked?  I think I know why, Professor had posted in it which of course brought it to the top.  Instead of locking it, why don't Andrew and Alex and all come in and post instead letting us know the status of things.  Locking topics that have not violated any ToS looks bad on the part of Boonex.

https://www.boonex.com/forums/topic/Dolphin-isn-t-dead-but-it-is-limping-along-badly.htm

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 5 Sep 2018

I am still waiting for an answer.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 12 Sep 2018

From what I can see, the 'Dolphin dying' topics have been locked. It's not just yours. This is probably due to the fact that since Dolphin is not dying, and more than one topic existed talking about Dolphin dying, and there is no need to continue discussions on something that isn't happening.

I didn't lock them but, I would guess that is why they were locked though. 

Nothing to see here
Quote · 13 Sep 2018

I've locked them, as we have a few, largely discussing the same thing. There is good information in them and reasonable arguments, but a few opinionated discussions refreshing all the time mostly bring confusion.

The bottom line of most of those conversations is that we will continue supporting Dolphin and issuing service updates, acknowledging that it is used by many webmasters and is still a viable option for some projects. For new projects that don't necessarily require some of the more unique Dolphin extensions, we recommend UNA, which is a more modern and capable framework, currently undergoing extremely active development. 

Recent transition of Zarconia servers to Boonex prompted us to make changes sooner than we anticipated, but we are ensuring that no service interruptions occur - so everything is continuing as usual until further notice. 

Boonex.com website will also continue to operate as usual, though new sales of hosted subscription plans will be stopped next week and more explicit recommendations for new users to try UNA will be placed on marketing pages. 

In the meantime, we are preparing a huge update for UNA, which will be followed by a pre-configured solution which will closely match a typical new Dolphin deployment. That will form the new "Dolphin Solution", powered by UNA framework. 

Additional resources are now committed to the improvement of Dolphin-to-UNA migration tools, Dolphin Connect module, UNA Connect app and documentation for migration procedures. 

A new update of the Dolphin.Pro - v 7.4 will be released after UNA v9 final and will include fixes, minor enhancements, modified licensing notices and UX improvements to make one of the templates look similar to a UNA template for visual continuity during transitions or while running two platforms simultaneously. 

And finally, there is a lot happening every day now, so we have to pull back from some of these discussions until all details are worked out. Thank you! Smile

Heart Head Hands
Quote · 13 Sep 2018

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.