"start group" question...public fields.

i found the post on removing country/city/zip from the form to start a new group. great help!

not sure this makes sense?

now curious about some other options when creating a group: "post in forum" & "join"....both of which have "public" options available. if i have the group mod only enabled for paying members, what will the ramifications be of members setting these options to public? think it would be best to remove the options altogether. only allow: members/friends/me only. is that possible/easy??

weird that there's a "me only" option as well, since it sorta goes against the idea of a "group". :P

to sum up: can i remove "public" option from the drop down lists. er.....more exact, can someone tell me how?

thanks. 

Quote · 22 Nov 2012

could someone also tell me where to comment out "share" button on group action block?

thx

Quote · 22 Nov 2012

In modules/boonex/groups/classes/BxGroupsModule.php

Look for this function :

function isAllowedShare (&$aDataEntry)
    {
        return true;
    }

Change true to false

Paypal email is jeromemingo@gmail.com - http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/modzzz
Quote · 22 Nov 2012

yay. thank you so much! in keeping with the holiday spirit....very grateful for the help!!

happy big bird day :)

Quote · 22 Nov 2012

i've been trying to find the solution myself. i really have. i'm sure it would be easier to comment out these options altogether, but would really like to just remove the "public" ones. i don't want to delete anything altogether, since i might want to enable later. 

i think it would be nice...under group module settings, to be able to set these sorts of options. or some admin access to action blocks, like the predefined fields. enable/disable check boxes, or a builder for custom action blocks. if that makes sense? would be more user friendly for masses. anyway...would seem that setting membership levels would somehow tie into the models, and change the values available to members. 

Quote · 22 Nov 2012

Kim333 well for some people such as myself it might take me a great deal of time to develop a group page so while I am developing the page and one I am not proud of yet that option is quite appealing...If I want to develop a group also to release a week later, yada, yada, yada... Smile

weird that there's a "me only" option as well, since it sorta goes against the idea of a "group". :P

Csampson
Quote · 22 Nov 2012

thanks for responding. true. didn't take that into consideration. good point.

i was thinking it would be a good idea/(easy solution) to form a private group just for admins. to log ideas, keep track of tasks, etc. if i form an "only me" group...are other admins capable of posting, updating, etc? guess i could just try it, and find out :P

nope = access denied :(

anyone have any other ideas for pow-wowing with admins? besides private msg.

Quote · 22 Nov 2012

q.png · 85K · 263 views
Quote · 23 Nov 2012

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.