404 Errors and PHP code

Hello, I am new to Dolphin and just finished the install yesterday. My first issue is that when ever I press the Photo, Video, Music or Classifieds button at the top of the home page I get a 404 page not found error. (This was also happening when clicking on a user to go to their profile. That was fixed by disabling the permalinks as per a different thread.) Any thoughts as to why the buttons at the top wont work, the links provided on the Site Stats section seem to work ok.

My second issue is when I try to go to the Fourm, from either the button bar or the Site link I get:

div id="FloatDesc" style="position:absolute;display:none;z-index:100;"></div> <div id="login_div" class="login_ajax" onclick="var t = ( event.target || event.srcElement ); if ( t == this ) $('#login_div').hide();"></div> <div style="position:absolute;top:0px;right:0px;width:1px;height:1px;"></div> <div class="main" style="width: 960px"> <!-- top --> <!--<div class="topestMenuWrapper">--> <div class="topestMenu"> <a....

continuing on for the remainder of the page.

I should add that I have checked the .htaccess file, it is the one that was uploaded with the remainder of the software and I have uploaded it again as well as removed that php_flag line... still no joy.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Quote · 22 May 2008

open the file ".htaccess" from the root.

Write the contents again from new package without the line that starts with php_flag

----
Quote · 23 May 2008

I am having same problem with the .htacces file.  This didn't correct it for me either.  Were you able to get it to work?

Quote · 24 May 2008

as for your forum issue, the way i got the source to go away in the forum was to remove the line in .htaccess that is in the orca folder php4 handler type. now as for your permalinks not working, are you sure they are all disabled in the admin section? if you drop that line from the htacces that is in root of the server, that should clear it up. you may just need to clear your cache on your machine. please provide the url and some of us can go look. later,
DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 24 May 2008

hey i just want to let you know i installed 6.1.1 today as well and was haveing the same problem. To fix it i had to add this to my .htaccess in the root.

Options -MultiViews

php_flag register_globals Off

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>

RewriteEngine on

RewriteBase /~jayaicom/dolphin/

i added the line in yellow. first try it with just using RewriteBase /    the ~jayaicom/dolphin  just happens to be where my folder is for dolphin yours will be different of course. 

If you need help getting it to work i'll do my best to help you out.

Jay

https://dolphin-techs.com - Skype: Dolphin Techs
Quote · 24 May 2008

Just wanted this forums topic to  know that Dolphin Jay's solution worked for me.

RewriteBase /

Quote · 24 May 2008

hey i just want to let you know i installed 6.1.1 today as well and was haveing the same problem. To fix it i had to add this to my .htaccess in the root.

Options -MultiViews

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>

RewriteEngine on

RewriteBase /~jayaicom/dolphin/

i added the line in yellow. first try it with just using RewriteBase / the ~jayaicom/dolphin just happens to be where my folder is for dolphin yours will be different of course.

If you need help getting it to work i'll do my best to help you out.

Jay

KUDOS dolphin_jay

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 30 May 2008

second issue needs DOM and xslt compiled/enabled on your server....ask host to do this for you

I have video tutorials to help you mrpowless.com
Quote · 30 May 2008

I had the same problem (still have more) but I must admit it did work! Thanks for the great post. Anyone who's having the same problem should definitely follow the steps provided. Thanks Dolphin_Jay.

Quote · 30 May 2008

Works like a dream now, Thanks !

Had to install XSL support on PHP before it worked but it works Smile

Quote · 23 Jun 2008

KUDOS TO DOLPHIN_JAY THANKS A MILLION!!!! I HAVE A FEW MORE PROBLEMS ... I WANTED TO know how to change the links at the top

Quote · 14 Jul 2008

It didnt work for me I tried:

Options -MultiViews

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine on
RewriteBase /

RewriteRule ^articles/{0,1}$   articles.php [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^articles/entry/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$   articles.php?action=viewarticle&articleUri=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^articles/entry/{0,1}$   articles.php?action=viewarticle&articleUri=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^articles/category/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$   articles.php?action=viewcategory&articleCatUri=$1 [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^news/{0,1}$  news.php [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^news/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$  news.php?newsUri=$1 [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^blogs/{0,1}$   blogs.php [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/all/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/{0,1}$  blogs.php?page=$2&per_page=$1  [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/top/{0,1}$   blogs.php?action=top_blogs [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/top/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/{0,1}$   blogs.php?action=top_blogs&page=$2&per_page=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/top_posts/{0,1}$   blogs.php?action=top_posts [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/tag/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$   blogs.php?action=search_by_tag&tagKey=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/tag/{0,1}$   blogs.php?action=search_by_tag&tagKey= [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/posts/([^/.]+)/tag/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$   blogs.php?action=search_by_tag&tagKey=$2&ownerName=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/posts/([^/.]+)/category/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$   blogs.php?action=show_member_blog&ownerName=$1&categoryUri=$2 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/entry/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$   blogs.php?action=show_member_post&postUri=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/entry/{0,1}$    blogs.php?action=show_member_post&postUri= [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/posts/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$   blogs.php?action=show_member_blog&ownerName=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/posts/{0,1}$   blogs.php?action=show_member_blog&ownerName= [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/posts/([^/.]+)/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/{0,1}$   blogs.php?action=show_member_blog&ownerName=$1&page=$3&per_page=$2 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/posts/([^/.]+)/category/([^/.]+)/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/{0,1}$   blogs.php?action=show_member_blog&ownerName=$1&categoryUri=$2&page=$4&per_page=$3 [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^events/{0,1}$  events.php?show_events=all&action=show [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^events/all/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/{0,1}$  events.php?show_events=all&action=show&page=$2&per_page=$1  [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^events/part/{0,1}$  events.php?show_events=all&action=show [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^events/search/{0,1}$  events.php?action=search [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^events/search/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$  events.php?action=search_by_tag&tagKey=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^events/my/{0,1}$  events.php?action=show&show_events=my [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^events/new/{0,1}$  events.php?action=new [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^events/entry/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$  events.php?action=show_info&eventUri=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^events/part/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$  events.php?action=show_part&eventUri=$1 [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^ads/{0,1}$  classifieds.php?Browse=1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^ads/search/{0,1}$  classifieds.php?SearchForm=1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^ads/my/{0,1}$  classifiedsmy.php?MyAds=1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^ads/new/{0,1}$  classifiedsmy.php?PostAd=1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^ads/cat/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$  classifieds.php?catUri=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^ads/all/cat/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$  classifieds.php?catUri=$3&page=$2&per_page=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^ads/subcat/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$  classifieds.php?scatUri=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^ads/all/subcat/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$  classifieds.php?scatUri=$3&page=$2&per_page=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^ads/entry/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$  classifieds.php?entryUri=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^ads/tag/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$  classifieds_tags.php?tag=$1 [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^photo/all/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/{0,1}$   browsePhoto.php?page=$2&per_page=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^photo/gallery_top/{0,1}$  browsePhoto.php?rate=top [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^photo/gallery_top/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/{0,1}$  browsePhoto.php?rate=top&page=$2&per_page=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^photo/gallery_top/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/{0,1}$  browsePhoto.php?rate=top&page=$2&per_page=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^photo/gallery_tag/([^/.]+)/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/{0,1}$  browsePhoto.php?tag=$1&page=$3&per_page=$2 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^photo/gallery_tag/([^/.]+)/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/$  browsePhoto.php?tag=$1&page=$3&per_page=$2 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^photo/gallery_tag/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$  browsePhoto.php?tag=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^photo/gallery/all/([^/.]+)/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)$  browsePhoto.php?ownerName=$1&page=$3&per_page=$2 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^photo/gallery/all/([^/.]+)/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/$  browsePhoto.php?ownerName=$1&page=$3&per_page=$2 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^photo/gallery/all/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$  browsePhoto.php?ownerName=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^photo/gallery/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$  viewPhoto.php?fileUri=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^photo/gallery/{0,1}$  viewPhoto.php?fileUri=$1 [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^music/all/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/{0,1}$  browseMusic.php?page=$2&per_page=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^music/gallery_top/{0,1}$  browseMusic.php?rate=top [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^music/gallery_top/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/{0,1}$  browseMusic.php?rate=top&page=$2&per_page=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^music/gallery_top/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/{0,1}$  browseMusic.php?rate=top&page=$2&per_page=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^music/gallery_tag/([^/.]+)/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/{0,1}$  browseMusic.php?tag=$1&page=$3&per_page=$2 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^music/gallery_tag/([^/.]+)/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/$  browseMusic.php?tag=$1&page=$3&per_page=$2 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^music/gallery_tag/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$  browseMusic.php?tag=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^music/gallery/all/([^/.]+)/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)$  browseMusic.php?ownerName=$1&page=$3&per_page=$2 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^music/gallery/all/([^/.]+)/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/$  browseMusic.php?ownerName=$1&page=$3&per_page=$2 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^music/gallery/all/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$  browseMusic.php?ownerName=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^music/gallery/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$  viewMusic.php?fileUri=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^music/gallery/{0,1}$  viewMusic.php?fileUri=$1 [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^video/all/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/{0,1}$  browseVideo.php?page=$2&per_page=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^video/gallery_top/{0,1}$  browseVideo.php?rate=top [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^video/gallery_top/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/{0,1}$  browseVideo.php?rate=top&page=$2&per_page=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^video/gallery_top/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/{0,1}$  browseVideo.php?rate=top&page=$2&per_page=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^video/gallery_tag/([^/.]+)/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/{0,1}$  browseVideo.php?tag=$1&page=$3&per_page=$2 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^video/gallery_tag/([^/.]+)/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/$  browseVideo.php?tag=$1&page=$3&per_page=$2 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^video/gallery_tag/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$  browseVideo.php?tag=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^video/gallery/all/([^/.]+)/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)$  browseVideo.php?ownerName=$1&page=$3&per_page=$2 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^video/gallery/all/([^/.]+)/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/$  browseVideo.php?ownerName=$1&page=$3&per_page=$2 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^video/gallery/all/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$  browseVideo.php?ownerName=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^video/gallery/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$  viewVideo.php?fileUri=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^video/gallery/{0,1}$  viewVideo.php?fileUri=$1 [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^groups/all/{0,1}$ grp.php [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^groups/entry/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$    grp.php?action=group&groupUri=$1    [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^groups/category/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$        grp.php?action=categ&categUri=$1    [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^groups/keyword/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$        grp.php?action=categ&keyword=$1    [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^search/tag/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$  search.php?Tags=$1 [QSA,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
RewriteRule .+ - [L]
RewriteRule ^([A-Za-z0-9_-]+)$ profile.php?ID=$1 [QSA,L]

</IfModule>

Quote · 31 Jul 2008

Yes, all right,

this is correct file,

.. can you recheck - are mod_rewrite installed at your server?

seems that rules don`t work at all

Quote · 31 Jul 2008
mod_rewrite is enabled, still doesn't work.
Quote · 31 Jul 2008

Ok, lets check

open

http://your_site_url/blogs.php

and

http://your_site_url/blogs/

If your mod_rewrite worked and enabled you should get same page,

just because here used rule:

RewriteRule ^blogs/{0,1}$   blogs.php [QSA,L]

Quote · 31 Jul 2008

Hey

http://your_site_url/blogs.php works as it should but the other doesn't.

I went to apache and uncommented:

LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so

ClearModuleList

AddModule mod_rewrite.c

and I restarted apache and mysql.

Is there anything else I can do, or another way to check if is working?

Cheer

Quote · 31 Jul 2008

I just don't understand why this doesn't work, is anyone else getting this issue?

Quote · 1 Aug 2008

My issue is slightly different but related ..I click on MUSIC on the NAV bar ...it goes to the music page BUT the submenu is from the my acoount page and the Music button does not appear to be clicked

Quote · 7 Aug 2008

i was getting several 404 errors and the just got the newest htaccess and it seems to be working...

Quote · 8 Aug 2008

as for your forum issue, the way i got the source to go away in the forum was to remove the line in .htaccess that is in the orca folder php4 handler type. now as for your permalinks not working, are you sure they are all disabled in the admin section? if you drop that line from the htacces that is in root of the server, that should clear it up. you may just need to clear your cache on your machine. please provide the url and some of us can go look. later,
DosDawg

Sir,

I am facing with forums on my site www.buddy24x7.com/orca

I will be grateful if you could help me solve this problem.

If you wish you can respond me on rajzeev@gmail.com also.

Rajzeev

Quote · 12 Aug 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.