404 error

Hey guys first i saw all your topics about 404 errors,.htaccess and mod_rewrite and i didn't understand how to fix it.The music,photos,videos and profiles have an error (404 Not Found).

• mod_rewrite is enebled on my server
  • i added RewriteBase / in my .htaccess

Nothing worked....

Here is a link to my website.
Please help me!

Quote · 1 Dec 2008

Did you double check your permalinks settings in admin panel? And also verify that you have the rewrite rules in your .htaccess file at yoursite.com/.htaccess

Compare the ones in the .zip you downloaded to the one located on your server. If you are missing the rewrite rules you will get a page not found error too.

You should see something like:
Options -MultiViews

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine on

RewriteRule ^articles/{0,1}$   articles.php [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^articles/entry/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$   articles.php?action=viewarticle&articleUri=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^articles/entry/{0,1}$   articles.php?action=viewarticle&articleUri=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^articles/category/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$   articles.php?action=viewcategory&articleCatUri=$1 [QSA,L]

More code here....

If you are missing the rewrite rules and any related commands you may need to re-add them or reupload. Usually better to add them manually just in case you have other codes in there like ip blocking, redirects, etc..etc..

DialMe.com - Your One and Only Source For Boonex Dolphin Tutorials and Resources
Quote · 2 Dec 2008

Hey again,

I disabled the permalinks, and checked the .htaccess and then restarted apache on the server. Nothing worked. I still get the same old not found error. I just can't get why is it searching the videos, profiles, photos and music in folders that don't exist on the server.

Quote · 2 Dec 2008

Hello one more time

Hmm the last days I think I tried everything and it still doesn't work. I am despred. Cry Please help if you can.

Gabriel

Quote · 2 Dec 2008

i would like to take a look at this for you and see if i cant get it sorted. it appears just as gameutopia has pointed out that you have a discrepancy between the mod_rewrite and the htaccess file. you should not have to disable permalinks on the server if mod_rewrite is enabled. also sometimes you can get a false report on the php.ini and a simple recompile of php could resolve the problem. this has been the case in multiple instances for many problems.

i would like to touch base with you and see what is goin on. please hit me up if you want me to look into this?

Regards,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 3 Dec 2008

I'm very glad for agreeing to help me ! I have wrote you a mail but i have no reply...Do you have a ICQ/Skype/MSN?

Quote · 4 Dec 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.