7.3 Beta 2 - Don't Miss It!

Here she is - https://www.boonex.com/n/dolphinpro-7-3-beta-2 .

There are a few more little tweaks we might squeeze in between this and the full release, mind you. For example, Nathan has successfully tried running Chat+ in a DolphinPro page block, in an iFrame. :) 

Heart Head Hands
Quote · 11 Feb 2016

chat+ I think would look much better in a page block, looks a little 'outside' D at the moment when users open the link.

Keeping the looks as close to the rest of the site is always a good thing...

Quote · 11 Feb 2016

i agree with you partially daihlo. it does look inconsistent with the site itself, but an iframe would look tacky to me as well. just make it like the normal chat is within the site (hope this is the plan).

@andrew - how much difference from a download on Monday. Could I just simply copy over existing files (i have not done any modifications and only added 2 modules - chat+ and oAuth)?

caredesign.net
Quote · 11 Feb 2016

My pref would be to have choice of either a similar format to existing chat, so chat+ shows in an block still with D headers etc..., or as a pop up screen that can run over the top of background site. similar to the helpdesk chat+ option but for regular chat users.

Quote · 11 Feb 2016

I would suggest to make an upgrade - https://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/wiki/7.3.0.B1-7.3.0.B2

how much difference from a download on Monday. Could I just simply copy over existing files (i have not done any modifications and only added 2 modules - chat+ and oAuth)?

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 11 Feb 2016

ugh, i just installed the messenger and see that the Chat+ does not incorporate into it. Besides that, yes, a chat like the existing. Instead of the helpdesk, change the messenger to Chat+ for chat requests done when on a users profile page.

caredesign.net
Quote · 11 Feb 2016

I would suggest to make an upgrade - https://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/wiki/7.3.0.B1-7.3.0.B2

how much difference from a download on Monday. Could I just simply copy over existing files (i have not done any modifications and only added 2 modules - chat+ and oAuth)?

BoonEx Dolphin Upgrade Script
7.3.0.B1-7.3.0.B2 upgrade can be applied
System SQL script was successfully executed.
The following languages will be affected for system:
- en
System language strings were successfully added.
System after update custom script was successfully executed.
The following modules will be updated:
- No modules will be updated.
IMPORTANT!!!
Automatic part of upgrade is completed. Please do the following to complete upgrade process:
  • Clean /cache/, /cache_public/ and /tmp/ folders via FTP or SSH, leave only .htaccess file there if one exists
  • Recompile system language file from Admin Panel -> Settings -> Languages Settings -> Languages
  • Clean /cache/ folder again
  • Recompile Forum language file for all templates from Admin Panel -> Modules -> Forum -> Manage Forum
  • Remove /upgrade/ directory

Then I could not log in with admin account. didnt try any other accounts, just wiped everything.

caredesign.net
Quote · 11 Feb 2016

Yes, I agree that it should be a combination of iframe-in-a-block and full-window options. This is most likely how it is going to be. 

Iframe would be easy enough to configure to take us full page, but with Dolphin headers, simply by using a block without background/borders and title and running it at 100% page width. 

Anyway, we'll experiment with it a little and will package the final result with 7.3.

Heart Head Hands
Quote · 11 Feb 2016

Just curious - as I was going to attempt. How hard would it be to add a new button to the profile page that opens chat+ in a small window - like the helpdesk is - But as a direct message to that user with the link of chat.domain.com/direct/username?

caredesign.net
Quote · 11 Feb 2016

Yes, I agree that it should be a combination of iframe-in-a-block and full-window options. This is most likely how it is going to be. 

Iframe would be easy enough to configure to take us full page, but with Dolphin headers, simply by using a block without background/borders and title and running it at 100% page width. 

Anyway, we'll experiment with it a little and will package the final result with 7.3.

hmmm, after playing with this for a bit, i am actually liking the way the chat opens in a new window. Other than changing the background to match site, it seems to work well for me. with the existing chat, if you went to a different page, then you got kicked out of the chat. At least opening in a new window allows you the ability to still browse the site.

caredesign.net
Quote · 12 Feb 2016

Since it does not seem to be any major problems, I really want to upgrade my production site, but can anyone confirm if there will be a patch 7.3.0 b2 -> final release?

Baloo
Quote · 14 Feb 2016

Looks really good the colors are great if I would have seen this a few months ago I would not have been having problems with a vendor about a template I purchased.

Quote · 14 Feb 2016

hmmm, after playing with this for a bit, i am actually liking the way the chat opens in a new window.

This is what I notice a lot. Initially everyone seems to be looking for the chat-in-a-box kind of think, holding on to main site navigation and other visual cues. Then, after using the chat for a day or two it feels really good to have this designated chat experience. I guess it will really depend on specific cases and specific sites. Our job is to make it easy to use either option or both options. 

Heart Head Hands
Quote · 15 Feb 2016

I think the same. However, it seems essential that something points on the site, the number of people who chat. I also had this problem with the old cat but I could remedy this with a module Rayz https://www.boonex.com/m/Chat_Summary

This adds to the number of users directly to the menu like this "Chat (12)." Otherwise the cat had not much success.

Andrew, this is perhaps a little early to ask this question, but do you term it is possible to initiate a private chat from the profiles so as to have a system of private and unified public chat?

hmmm, after playing with this for a bit, i am actually liking the way the chat opens in a new window. Other than changing the background to match site, it seems to work well for me. with the existing chat, if you went to a different page, then you got kicked out of the chat. At least opening in a new window allows you the ability to still browse the site.

Baloo
Quote · 15 Feb 2016

can anyone confirm if there will be a patch 7.3.0 b2 -> final release?

"We will also support upgrade from Beta 2 onward."

https://www.boonex.com/n/dolphinpro-7-3-beta-2 

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 15 Feb 2016

I'm really confused with where this is all going.

TravelNotes.org - The Online Guide to Travel
Quote · 15 Feb 2016

I'm really confused with where this is all going.

Talking about if the Chat+ is preferred as an iframe inside your site providing navigation or continuity against opening a new window with just the full page Chat+.

Quote · 15 Feb 2016

I think the same. However, it seems essential that something points on the site, the number of people who chat. I also had this problem with the old cat but I could remedy this with a module Rayz https://www.boonex.com/m/Chat_Summary

This adds to the number of users directly to the menu like this "Chat (12)." Otherwise the cat had not much success.

Andrew, this is perhaps a little early to ask this question, but do you term it is possible to initiate a private chat from the profiles so as to have a system of private and unified public chat?

One thing I noticed is that a Direct Chat is accessed with the link - in my case: https://chat.cvp71.com/direct/administrator. Simply creating a button that is in the Actions block of a users profile - with their username pulled in, seems like it would work. Then, just give the box some height and width parameters when opening and that may do the trick. Plan on trying, just havent gotten to that phase yet. But in theory, it seems plausible.

caredesign.net
Quote · 15 Feb 2016

Yes, professor, for this part it seems possible, but remember that it is also necessary to trigger an action on the target profile and there is more complicated , you see a solution for this?
Could you test something on your installation. I tried to promote a member ---> moderator, a message appears saying that green stain is done but the member does not just add to the list as is the case for administrator.
At home it works?

Baloo
Quote · 17 Feb 2016

I have been looking through some of the Rocket.Chat documents and (if I am understanding this correctly).

So, first of all - there is the ability for OAuth with the chat and an external site - to be technical, both ways. But for the purpose of this though we are just refering to Other websites pulling info from chat server. If this is truly possible, then it would seem to be logical that a page could be created in dolphin that pulls in the chat messages then it would seem there should be a way to copy messages from website to chat server. But thats just me thinking out loud.

To get back to the original thought though. The only additional aspect may be cookie tracking of sorts. Basically, in your dolphin site, you would look to see if the cookie for the chat is present, and if user status is online. If so, then display the Chat button, which would open a small box containing the chat in the direct message screen of the chat.

I hope i said that clearly.

caredesign.net
Quote · 17 Feb 2016

"Could you test something on your installation. I tried to promote a member ---> moderator, a message appears saying that green stain is done but the member does not just add to the list as is the case for administrator.
At home it works?"

I have wiped my server and not yet reinstalled apache, but just from your explaination, it sounds as if it may be a javascript issue. You might want to try turning off all caches, clearing caches, and then seeing if it persists. But - I have had an issue with the join group function in which it does give message that i joined the group, but does not refresh the page and display my name in the fan block. you have to manually refresh - could that possibly be the issue?

caredesign.net
Quote · 17 Feb 2016

I do not think a java script problem, it works with the admin level, but not with the level Moderator, while this is the same process ....

If you will try it when you have the opportunity ...

Baloo
Quote · 18 Feb 2016

how exactly are you making the user a moderator?

I do not think a java script problem, it works with the admin level, but not with the level Moderator, while this is the same process ....

If you will try it when you have the opportunity ...

caredesign.net
Quote · 18 Feb 2016

Hi guys,

Know Dolphin was about ready for 7.3 a few weeks back ("just a few little tweeks").  Are we still online for a final release by March or sooner?  Looking to make a major server upgrade and have been holding off until 7.3 to limit reinstall or upgrade issues.  Does anyone have the scoop on an ETA or an approximate release schedule?

Thanks

DivineArc

Quote · 25 Feb 2016

All the hype about 7.3 in this thread and elsewhere on the Forum has been about the new chat module. As that's the least of my worries right now, is there anywhere on the dolphin site where the NEW features of 7.3 and the 7.2.1 FIXES are listed?

One question that begs answering is:

Are the changes to 7.3 so vast that some or most of the commercial 7.2.1 modules out there won't work, or is the core still relatively untouched, allowing most existing modules to still work?

I think the answer to this question will determine more than anything, how many people move over to 7.3 and how quickly.

Quote · 25 Feb 2016

is there anywhere on the dolphin site where the NEW features of 7.3 and the 7.2.1 FIXES are listed?

Enhancements:

- Chat+ module and integration
- OAuth Server module
- Dolphin Connect (OAuth client) module
- Moxiemanager as separate module (for licensed sites only)
- Timeline: "Repost" feature
- Timeline: settings to disable/enable particular uploaders
- Timeline: notifications for "Like" and "Repost" timeline actions
- Timeline: "Like" and "Repost" actions in Outline
- Timeline: icons instead of text links for actions 
- Timeline: display URL thumbnail for "share URL" Timeline action
- Timeline: display all possible uploaders for media modules
- Timeline: comments to the comment notification are linked to the commented object 
- Blogs: display views counter
- Payment: reCaptcha for "payment before join"
- Payment: allow to join for free when "payment before join" option is activated
- Privacy: site wide default privacy settings 
- Languages enhancements: LTR/RTL support and language_COUNTRY code for each language
- Admin panel pages builder: text block and optional PHP block
- Admin panel builders: alphabetical sorting in builders
- Admin panel navigation menu builder: don't allow to delete system menu items
- Matchmaking fields: better default settings
- HTMLEditor: "attach_editor" alert event
- HTML based "Prompt" popup
- Include "fb:app_id" meta for URLs shared on Facebook
- New background image in EVO and ALT templates (reduced CPU load for viewers)
- Confirmation for profile deletion
- Ability to change language in admin panel
- New look for mobile apps block
- Permanent redirect to the correct URL 
- Ability to specify profile ban duration
- Responsive fixes (image gallery, blog snippets)
- getSiteInfo function can fetch meta info and url thumbnail now
- .bx-hide-when-logged-in css class 
- open_basedir restriction was removed

Quote · 25 Feb 2016

Thanks for that @Newton27. I'm sure a few people have been wondering since this thread was started.

Quote · 25 Feb 2016

Thanks for that @Newton27. I'm sure a few people have been wondering since this thread was started.

Your welcome.

I forgot to add this as well.

62 bugs fixed: see full list on GitHub

Quote · 25 Feb 2016

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.