Advice on Hosting

Currently on my site I have 7000 registered users with peaks of up to 100 users connected at a time. I use arrowchat instead of chat + or any other Boonex chat system.

Currently I have hired a VPS with TmdHosting. 

Your specifications:

• 40GB SSD Space
  • 3TB Bandwidth
  • 2 CPU Cores
  • 2GB DDR4 RAM

The price is 39.95 $ per month. Currently I have the server properly configured and I have no problem with the performance. Also I am happy with the technical service, although sometimes 

they have failed.

Now I have to renew the server contract and with the forecast that I have to increase the traffic of users I consider changing to Vps Zarconia.

Hardware

• 2x 2.1GHz Dedicated AMD Opteron
  • 8GB Dedicated RAM
  • 500GB SATA HDD
  • Unlimited Bandwidth (1 Gbps1)

The base price is $29/month although I think I do not have that Cpanel price and I do not know if that can be a big problem.

At some point I plan to hire the dedicated server but even the web does not generate enough revenue.

My doubt is that Zarconia seems to offer better hardware at a more competitive price, but I am afraid to make the server change and then have problems with the new provider.

What would you do?

Quote · 30 Nov 2017

I can only speak from personal experience but I've been with Zarconia since 2015 and have never had any cause for complaint and they really will go the extra mile to help shuld you need it.

Ed

It ain't easy being this stupid all of the time
Quote · 30 Nov 2017

Highly recommended zarconia.

"Your future is created by what you do today, not tomorrow." @ www.dexpertz.net
Quote · 1 Dec 2017

I can double the resources of what tmd is offering for $45 a month including cPanel if interested...  

https://dolphin-techs.com - Skype: Dolphin Techs
Quote · 1 Dec 2017

Maybe that is interessting for you ... https://www.paan-hosting.com/appliances/boonex-dolphin-pro/

http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/paansystems - your resource for Dolphin Pro
Quote · 1 Dec 2017

While we don’t include cPanel (it’s available for an extra fee for the license), we do include Plesk with all our servers. Plesk is comparable to cPanel, and it’s what I’d recommend for most users. cPanel is a better option for reseller hosting or similar.

Also included with all our plans is full support for both the server and Dolphin. We know Dolphin well, and that’s why BoonEx chose us to handle their subscriptions. We can also usually handle extension installs and site upgrades at no charge.

You’re welcomed to try us out for a month - we can even move your sites over at no extra charge. If you’re not satisfied, it’s easy to cancel and move back to TMD or somewhere else - we don’t have any minimum terms or cancellation fees.

Please feel free to send me a message if you have any questions.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 3 Dec 2017

If you want a high quality server that is built to be fast with cutting edge technology such as Nginx and MariaDB, then send me a PM and I will be happy to set you up. 

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 3 Dec 2017

Zarconia's site shows it used MariaDB, is that an easy replacement for MySQL?

Quote · 30 Jan 2018

Zarconia's site shows it used MariaDB, is that an easy replacement for MySQL?

MariaDB is a drop-in replacement for MySQL. Most modern Linux distributions and cPanel default to it, and it works without issue. If a script uses MySQL, it’ll work. There’s no special version of scripts or code changes needed.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 30 Jan 2018

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.