Album titles backslashes

Something weird... My photo album titles all look like this  Karl\'s photos.  They all have this "\'s" instead of just "'s".

What gives ?

Any ideas?  Something to do with magic_quotes?

Shared Dolphin Hosting w/RMS
Quote · 20 Feb 2010

Just another note: This appears to only be on albums that were imported from v6.1.6 and does not affect new albums.  ANy ideas on how to fix the imported albums?

Shared Dolphin Hosting w/RMS
Quote · 20 Feb 2010

take a look in the database. i think what is happening here is the code in D7 when creating a new album has the ability to strip the apostrophe what you are seeing there is an escape character. take a gander in the database and see what is being done with the new albums created on D7 vs. the albums that were imported.

Regards,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 21 Feb 2010

Hello ZopfWare!

Yes, DosDawg provided good advice - u should compare records about albums with symbols like ' in old 6.1 version and compare how similar records look in D7. Then find the differences and modify according it ur migration script. As default 6.1 hasn't albums so we can't provide u more exact solution.

Regards

Quote · 22 Feb 2010

In D6 boonex had us use the littel accent key " ` " (you know, that key to the left of the number 1 key, right above the "Tab" key).  I remember this from doing translations to other languages in D6 that required the use of an apostrophe on certain translations.  I have no idea how your going to communicate this to your members.

Quote · 22 Feb 2010

Hello mydatery!

I think didng't quite ur idea about "`" symbols and that "In D6 BooNex had us use the littel accent key" - we didn't force someone to do something :-) And for D7 better make lang file form scratch :-) from my opinion.

Regard

Quote · 22 Feb 2010

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.