Anyone tried this?(ranting)

So, I got headhunted for a project to set up a social network site and found Dolphin 7. Excellent stuff! I installed it all and everything went smooth. I had like 4 months to do finish it, until it was supposed to fly. Now after a month the guy has already invited people to the site ans I'm not even half done with everything that needs to be done! WTF??? Jumping from early Alpha to Beta in a snap, without even giving me a heads up!!!

So, now I sit with an unfinished site which I can't allow to crash... And on top of it - Dolphin is new to me, so I'm still on the learning curve!!!

Ah! Good to get it off my chest... Thanks...

Quote · 9 May 2010

That has happened to me when I was in a partnership. The person began advertising the web site heavily while it was still under heavy development. You need to talk to your manager and tell him that he needs to wait and allow you to do the needed work, otherwise he is just inviting people to a half-baked web site which will leave only bad impressions. Seeing as how he's already brought people on, however, things may be too late. If the number is small, you can claim it as a "private beta" of sorts.

These kind of people exist in the world. They're fueled by childish fantasies, and fail to grip the reality of what it is they are actually doing. In the end, their own actions lead to their downfall.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 9 May 2010

A bit premature.

I hear a lot of guys have that problem.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 9 May 2010

That has happened to me when I was in a partnership. The person began advertising the web site heavily while it was still under heavy development. You need to talk to your manager and tell him that he needs to wait and allow you to do the needed work, otherwise he is just inviting people to a half-baked web site which will leave only bad impressions. Seeing as how he's already brought people on, however, things may be too late. If the number is small, you can claim it as a "private beta" of sorts.

These kind of people exist in the world. They're fueled by childish fantasies, and fail to grip the reality of what it is they are actually doing. In the end, their own actions lead to their downfall.

That's a great idea to officially declare "beta-stage" somewhere on the page. I'll show him not to mess with the builder. muahahahaaaa.....

Quote · 9 May 2010

A bit premature.

I hear a lot of guys have that problem.

I actually told the guy beforehand that the work came in stages, and >I< was the one declaring when the page was at the different stages... but nooo... Fuck it! I'm gonna go get me a beer somewhere...

Quote · 9 May 2010

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.