Available membership types missing

I have defined three membership levels, however when I go to "my memberships" the "available membership types" is empty.  What am I missing here.  Does this work for everyone else?

Rob

Quote · 13 Sep 2009

Can I hijack your thread for a sec? :)  I posted a question about adding membership levels a while ago with no response.  What is the icon that you're forced to upload?  Where is it displayed, how big is it, how is it used?  I have no idea what this is for so I don't know what to upload.  Any direction you'd be willing to give in what you used for the icons for your membership levels?

Quote · 13 Sep 2009

ahh - the old thread hijacking trick huh.  That's ok - because I loaded an image and it is not there, so maybe that is a clue.   What do you see when you click the "my membership" link?  There is a place for the "standard" image that looks like a shield - do you have anything in the "available membership types" block?

Quote · 13 Sep 2009

Well, it wasn't aa TOTAL hijack because it was still on topic...kinda... ;)

Anyway, DosDawg was kind enough to IM with me and let me know what the deal was.  I don't have any memberships added because you can't add a membership level unless you add an icon and since there was no explanation as to how, where and when that icon would be used or how big it would be I didn't want to just start adding things willy-nilly.

But now that I know where it will appear I will add a new level with icon (once I create one).

Not sure why yours isn't appearing.  His worked fine.  I'll probably play with this tonight a bit if I have time to do the graphic and I'll let you know if/how it works.

Quote · 14 Sep 2009

Ok so it is the image that is the problem- thanks to DosDawg (and you) for finding that out. When I set mine up I just picked a little gif logo I had on my computer for that -  I guess it didn't work.  Why Boonex didn't put a default image in there is beyond me.  Any guidelines on creating this graphic?  Or better yet, does anyone have a little generic image they could email me?

Thanks

Rob

Quote · 14 Sep 2009

Ok so it is the image that is the problem- thanks to DosDawg (and you) for finding that out. When I set mine up I just picked a little gif logo I had on my computer for that -  I guess it didn't work.  Why Boonex didn't put a default image in there is beyond me.  Any guidelines on creating this graphic?  Or better yet, does anyone have a little generic image they could email me?

Thanks

Rob

let me know what kind of image you're looking for and I can probably send one to you.  I have a TON of graphics.  Or just do a search for free clipart and you'll find tons of sites to download from.

Quote · 14 Sep 2009

What size?  Do you have a tested one that works?  I have tried it with two different image files.  Does yours work now?  Of course I can get clip art, I just want something I know will work there.

Quote · 14 Sep 2009

DD said he uploaded a large image (400x600 i think) and it auto cropped to @ 200x200.  I'd imagine you need to use a .jpg (Note to staff:  would be a really good idea to add some direction next to this on the page ex: images should be 200x200, smaller than x kb and in the following formats).

What have you tried using?

I've not tried yet because I got working on other stuff and I'd prefer to just upload what will be my final image.  I'll try to work on it today.

Quote · 14 Sep 2009

Hi all,

Sorry I am maybe late but I am new and spend couples hours to find out what was the problem.
I created one membership levels, however when I go to "my memberships" the "available membership types" is empty.  So I came back to Manage Membership Levels selected my membership created and the price associated and click on enable.
That's all after i come back to my user created for testing and now the membership was there.

I hope that help you.

Gilles

Quote · 13 Oct 2011

I had the "available membership types" missing on the My Membership page also on my test site. Downloaded site from production server but "available membership types" was missing.

To solve I cleared out everything in the cache _public_html/cache and bumped apache  and now the membership types are there. Had me going for a while.

Quote · 14 Jun 2012

Here are where the existing membership badges are stored and where your added membership badges will be stored (the system randomly renames the images if I remember correctly), you're safest using the 110x110pixels size:

• Standard member badge: /media/images/membership/member.png 110x110 pixels
  • Non-member badge: /media/images/membership/non-member.png 110x110 pixels
  • Promotion badge: /media/images/membership/promotion.png 110x110 pixels
  • Any other memberships you create and upload a badge for will found in this folder: /media/images/membership/

As for where these show up, if you look at your membership pages on your site under the Dashboard at http://yoursitename.com/m/membership/index then you can see where your members will see your listed membership options along with the image you've uploaded.

Clearing the cache is always a good idea, do it from the system clear /cache and /cache_public without deleting .htaccess.

Make sure that once you create your membership level that you tick the box next to it and click "enable." This makes it show up for members.

You can find your membership info also in the database (I don't recommend editing from the database unless you know what you're doing!! It can be a dangerous thing!) under `sys_acl_levels` -if your memberships aren't showing up you might check to make sure that they are available and toggle to "yes" under available if they aren't.

There are tons of free stock images out there (google is your friend) that you can grab and resize to 110x110 using a basic image editor. Or you can create your own using any image editing/creating program. Here are some free image resources:

Good luck!

Quote · 14 Jun 2012

Does anyone know where you can find the default images for the Ads modules <people icons, magnifying glass, etc.) I want to change those and add some of my own with the new categories..but I need to find them, match sizes, etc.  Any help would be appreciated.  This post was already VERY helpful for the membership badges!  Thank you!

Quote · 10 Oct 2012

Look in the modules\boonex\ads\templates\base\images\icons folder

Does anyone know where you can find the default images for the Ads modules <people icons, magnifying glass, etc.) I want to change those and add some of my own with the new categories..but I need to find them, match sizes, etc.  Any help would be appreciated.  This post was already VERY helpful for the membership badges!  Thank you!

Paypal email is jeromemingo@gmail.com - http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/modzzz
Quote · 10 Oct 2012

Nice comments & informative feeds

Quote · 24 Jul 2019

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.