Cant Move Profile Phots box on Profiles

Hi

Unlike all the other boxes which can be moved in the pageBuilder

the profile photos insists on staying in the top left.

Even if I switch the collums the ProfilePhotos slideshow reamins in the top left !

This is a 61004 system.

Is there a way round this?

Will it be fixed in the next update?

Thanks

Dan V

Quote · 14 Sep 2008

bump - is this a bug or a feature ? ;-)

Quote · 19 Sep 2008

something is screwy there if you are not able to move that. i just went and looked at an install i done last nite. profile photos was in the 11th position in the left column. i moved it with no complaints to the first position. that is a 6.1.4 AdFree install.

i went on over to http://www.boonex.com/products/dolphin/doldemo/  logged in and seen it was a 6.1.2 install, so i tried it there as well. 

so my best guess, is that you have added a mod or some other underlying instance that has created this problem for you, as i cant seem to make it occur on three of the 6.1.4 installs that i have done in the past week, or on the demo install 6.1.2 that is available on the link posted above. 

wish i had more information for you. are you able to take it and drag it to inactive. 

dumb question here, but when you are trying to move the item, do you hold it and wiggle it around until you see the dotted lines appear and then release it? 

sometimes the dotted lines dont appear immediately, you have to hold it in its place and wiggle the item back and forth for it to realize you are trying to drop something there. are you able to create a new item and place it where you want it? 

well let me know.

regards,
DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 20 Sep 2008

DD  .....  he's talking about it stays in the top left on the profile page regardless of where you put it in the page builder.

Just confirmed the same thing in v6.1.4  .....  doesn't matter where you put it in the builder, it is in the top left on the profile page.

I can completely remove it in the builder and it still shows on the profile page  .....  (cache always cleared when testing)

Quote · 20 Sep 2008

but the only place i see it is on the homepage, and it moves on the homepage, and i dont see it on the actual profile page at all? do you? 

regards,
DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 20 Sep 2008

Same here DosDawg - Stuart

but the only place i see it is on the homepage, and it moves on the homepage, and i dont see it on the actual profile page at all? do you? 

regards,
DosDawg

There are none so blind as those that will not see.
Quote · 20 Sep 2008

You see it or don't see it stuart?

Quote · 20 Sep 2008

Hi DosDawg

Thanks for your reply.

Dragging the ProfilePhots Block to the Inactive area does nothing on the page. The block stays where it is.

Swapping the two collumns left and right changes everything else but doesnt move the PRofilePix block!

(Yes I know how to drop blocks)

So I guess you are right - if no one else has this problem it must be a conflict with some mod.

I did try to get a Dadniel mod that turned it into a slideshow going about 7 months ago. So maybe it has something to do with that. Dadniel pulled the mod because it was creating problems of some sort and wasnt worth his time fixing it.

Ive upgraded not to 61004 but some things seem to have followed me :-(

Thanks

Dan V

Quote · 20 Sep 2008

The only place I see the profile picture is on the homepage. I can move it, everything. No, I don't see it on the profile page either. - Stuart

You see it or don't see it stuart?

Quote · 20 Sep 2008

Ohhh there are other people with this problem... okay so its not a mod conflict then.... ?

Sounds exactly the same.

The Profile photo block is simply not affected by what you do to the builder.

Any other ideas?

I have 61004 on a Dolphingeeks hosting.

Dan V

Quote · 20 Sep 2008

Ohhh there are other people with this problem... okay so its not a mod conflict then.... ?

Sounds exactly the same.

The Profile photo block is simply not affected by what you do to the builder.

Any other ideas?

I have 61004 on a Dolphingeeks hosting.

Dan V

Quote · 20 Sep 2008

The place of the profile photo is "hard coded" in the script as the first block of the first column :-)

Life is a fatal disease, sexually transmissible - Virginity is carcinogenic! Ask here for vaccine.
Quote · 20 Sep 2008

It is a design flaw - or limitation.  Took me forever to figure out as well.  If the field is not movable, then they should put it on pagebuilder and make it unmovable there as well.

-

Rob

Quote · 20 Sep 2008

It is a design flaw - or limitation.  Took me forever to figure out as well.  If the field is not movable, then they should put it on pagebuilder and make it unmovable there as well.

-

Rob

2nd that motion;

Quote · 20 Sep 2008

http://www.boonex.com/unity/blog/entry/How_to_move_photo_block_to_center_6_1

I change of '1' to '2' and the problem is solved.

Thanks MrPowless !

Thanks Everyone.

Quote · 22 Sep 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.