Change login Username to Email

This will prompt your users to log in with their email address instead of their Nick Name
Open your inc/design.inc.php file and look for:

$aAuthTypes,

'nickname' => array(
                'type' => 'text',
                'name' => 'ID',
                'caption' => _t('_NickName'),
            ),

Change 'nickname' to 'email' and the caption _NickName to _Email
It should look like this

$aAuthTypes,

'email' => array(
                'type' => 'text',
                'name' => 'ID',
                'caption' => _t('_Email'),
            ),

If by some chance you want your users to log in with both email and nickname and well of course the password than you can just add the above in, instead of changing the NickName.

Be a dolphin, be creative in you own way and you will attract a audience
Quote · 20 Mar 2010

These lines do not change anything except the header, dolphin by default supports dual login - by mail and nick

PS: If possible do not write me personally, please try to ask on the forum first
Quote · 24 Mar 2010

If you wanted your users to login with both "nicke_name" & "e-mail" then you'd have to provide an additional line. 

As Sashsa stated, D already supports this and has since D6.  All your doing is changing what it says the name of the field is on the screen, not actually what the field is.

Quote · 24 Mar 2010

Thank's 4 this

sometime people forget the username will be better to change this to email

These lines do not change anything except the header, dolphin by default supports dual login - by mail and nick

Post Reply - if you going to help - No for - bla bla bla bla
Quote · 15 Jun 2010

can i revive this topic and ask how do i do this ? im trying to find any option in the admin panel about this but nothing.

Thanks in advance

Quote · 14 Dec 2010

I've done this exact thing on my site. I went into the language and did a search on nickname and  clicked on _NickName (System) there I changed it to email address and thats what a person sees when they sign in. the email address will work to sign in instead of nickname.

Quote · 31 Dec 2010

I've done this exact thing on my site. I went into the language and did a search on nickname and  clicked on _NickName (System) there I changed it to email address and thats what a person sees when they sign in. the email address will work to sign in instead of nickname.

I just followed sybersolutions excellent advice and changed the language settings for _NickName (System)but nothing changed in the Login block on the home page. Any suggestions where I'm going wrong?

A mistake is simply another way of doing things.
Quote · 9 Jan 2011

did you clear your cache folders and refresh page may also need to clear temp on pc as well,

I have did this also and works i am using 7.0.3  as sybersoloutions says in admin/settings/language settings search for language
string _NickName change to email then clear cache and refresh page should work.

But this does create another problem btw!   in profile account dashboard /Account control you now have 2 descriptions for Email
1 is true Email the other is NickName  what you have just change to Email in language settings, I dont know if this can have a seperate
language file generated for it or will have to be hard coded on file to reflect change from NickName to Email.

Quote · 9 Jan 2011

What a great site - thanks for the effort.

Quote · 17 Jan 2011

All sorted it was the cache!! Thank you

A mistake is simply another way of doing things.
Quote · 17 Jan 2011

Is there a simple way to to change login Username to Email

I've gone through D7's builder and can't find anything to change to that preference it would be a great help if anyone can help.

Common sense is usually on common!
Quote · 19 Feb 2011

Does it work with Dolphin 7.1.4

Quote · 28 Nov 2013

Does it work with Dolphin 7.1.4

What are you trying to do?

Dolphin supports logging in with the username, user ID, and email address. The login box's label is "Username", but it will still accept any of those three values. You can have the login box ask for the email address by following the information in this post: http://www.boonex.com/forums/topic/Connection-with-Pseudo-or-email.htm#219475

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 28 Nov 2013

I tried it and a data base error occured

when I reviewed the issue to return it to nickname the same error went on 

i CLEARED THE CACHE TWICE STILL THE SAME PROBLEM WHAT DO I DO?

error
Database query error 

Quote · 29 Nov 2013

Works in 7.3.3 -  at or about line 330 add only this part of the code

'email' => array(

'type' => 'text',

'name' => 'ID',

'caption' => _t('_Email'),

Quote · 4 Jun 2017

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.