Chat+ Installation steps

Hello All,

Im looking for a list of steps from beginning to end of what I need to do in order to properly install and configure the Chat+. I've searched the site up and down and cannot figure out what step 1 is.

Here is where I am at now:

• I'm on Dolphin 7.3.0
  • I've installed the Chat+ mods on my site. 
  • I have a dedicated server (VPS)

I've seen steps on the forum that say:

Log into Chat+, click your username and choose Administration, thenAccounts -> Dolphin

I do not see that in my admin console. 

Question:

Was I supposed to upload something directly to my server? 

Please help me. Thanks in advance.

Quote · 17 Mar 2016

start here: https://github.com/boonex/dolphin.pro/wiki/ChatPlus-Installation-Instructions-%28CentOS-with-Apache%29

if not using centos 7  - just look on the right and there are other os install instructions.

then - once you have done this - check out this: https://www.boonex.com/forums/topic/Chat-installed-how-to-integrate-with-D7-3-now-.htm

caredesign.net
Quote · 17 Mar 2016

@I am on the same page as you, I am also on 7.3 which came with Chat+, using a dedicated server.. Now from github Doc, it says we need to install these items:

• NodeJS (with NPM)
  • MongoDB
  • GraphicsMagick

Does Chat+ run on MongoDB and not MySQL ? When I upgraded to v7.3, I was able to select Chat+ from Modules "Add Manage" and installed it - is this mean MongoDB was already part of v7.3 ? 

So far I created a subdomain like chat.mysite.com and not sure what next steps are.. I am totally confused and not sure how to go from here..

Any help would be greatly appreciated.. Thx. 

Quote · 17 Mar 2016

if using the Dolphin Boonex version of the Rocket.Chat server - the needed items will be installed if you follow the instructions as posted here: https://github.com/boonex/dolphin.pro/wiki/ChatPlus-Installation-Instructions-%28CentOS-with-Apache%29.

The Chat+ server uses MongoDB instead of MySql.

No it was not installed when you installed the Chat+ module, but it will be installed if you follow the instructions as listed in the link above.

caredesign.net
Quote · 17 Mar 2016

Ok I see ChatPlus installation on gitHub which makes sense, so what is exactly Chat+ module does that comes with D7.3 ?

I see nowhere that we need to use Chat+ that comes with D7.3 as well as installing other Chat+ items on gitHub.. and why all the Chat+ Mods are not included within D7.3 similar to Dophin Chat..

Thanks. 

Quote · 17 Mar 2016

Hi Morocco,

To understand this you need to know:

• ChatPlus is Rocket.Chat, a third party chat server (it can be used by itself without Dolphin if you choose)
  • ChatPlus does not come with Dolphin
  • The Chat+ module is not the ChatPlus server
  • The ChatPlus server can be installed separately on another dedicated server (ideally) or can be installed on your Dolphin server
  • As a third party product, the ChatPlus server has it's own Administration section
  • The Chat+ module provides integration to the ChatPlus server (effectively building a bridge from one software to another), allowing Dolphin users to login to the ChatPlus server

Boonex do not develop ChatPlus / Rocket.Chat, there's a separate and dedicated team for that, Boonex are just kind enough to make the integration available replacing the outdated Flash items.

My personal opinion would be, if you want Chat+ / ChatPlus working use the install instructions provided by Boonex in the Help / Documentation section of their website, as their integration system will be officially support by them.

Ok I see ChatPlus installation on gitHub which makes sense, so what is exactly Chat+ module does that comes with D7.3 ?

I see nowhere that we need to use Chat+ that comes with D7.3 as well as installing other Chat+ items on gitHub.. and why all the Chat+ Mods are not included within D7.3 similar to Dophin Chat..

Thanks. 

Quote · 17 Mar 2016

just a bit of clarification - The Chat+ module provides integration to the ChatPlus server (effectively building a bridge from one software to another), allowing Dolphin users to login to the ChatPlus server - it really does not even do that. It is only an iframe with the chat+ server displaying in it. The actual integration between the dolphin site and the chat+ is actually through the OAuth module.

In all honesty - the dolphin version of ROcket.Chat is limited and kinda sucks. There are many other options available that they have stripped out - such as putting your own button text and color and color of text. instead of that arrow pointing to a door - which i have had several people tell me they had no idea they are supposed to click that. For my personal site - i have gone back to the dev version - which is at V21 - whereas Dolphin is still at v20. It is more stable and I get all the features and functionality - allowing me to choose what i do and dont want to do.

Hi Morocco,

To understand this you need to know:

• ChatPlus is Rocket.Chat, a third party chat server (it can be used by itself without Dolphin if you choose)
  • ChatPlus does not come with Dolphin
  • The Chat+ module is not the ChatPlus server
  • The ChatPlus server can be installed separately on another dedicated server (ideally) or can be installed on your Dolphin server
  • As a third party product, the ChatPlus server has it's own Administration section
  • The Chat+ module provides integration to the ChatPlus server (effectively building a bridge from one software to another), allowing Dolphin users to login to the ChatPlus server

Boonex do not develop ChatPlus / Rocket.Chat, there's a separate and dedicated team for that, Boonex are just kind enough to make the integration available replacing the outdated Flash items.

My personal opinion would be, if you want Chat+ / ChatPlus working use the install instructions provided by Boonex in the Help / Documentation section of their website, as their integration system will be officially support by them.

Thanks. 

caredesign.net
Quote · 17 Mar 2016

It is just an iframe of the chat server - thats all. In all honesty - you do not need to use the chat plus module - you can create your own link pointing to the chat server. This alternative option will display the chat server in a full browser window - not an iframe.

Thanks. 

caredesign.net
Quote · 17 Mar 2016

@ProfessorSr @micoots  your clarification about Chat+ makes a perfect sense now..

Initially, I thought when I upgrade to D7.3.0, Chat+ should be up and running Wink - well maybe on the next v8.0 - but from what you described, I can see Boonex has only provided an integration Mod, which I am cool with.. I just didn't see any related Doc telling me what you guys just described..

All in all, this gives me a good idea what to expect & what I need in order to use ChatPlus or lets call it its native name Rocket.Chat.

Thanks ! 

Quote · 18 Mar 2016

We haven't strip anything from the default Rocket.Chat package!  

In all honesty - the dolphin version of ROcket.Chat is limited and kinda sucks. There are many other options available that they have stripped out - such as putting your own button text and color and color of text.

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 20 Mar 2016

I call BS Alex. Another member and I looked and it is obvious the differences between the 2. Lets start here:

+{ + "API_Dolphin_URL" : "Dolphin URL", + "Accounts_OAuth_Dolphin" : "Dolphin Login", + "Accounts_OAuth_Dolphin_id" : "Dolphin Key", + "Accounts_OAuth_Dolphin_secret" : "Dolphin Secret" +}

from your own github - this is an obvious change as you have removed three fields when creating the Boonex Version.

caredesign.net
Quote · 20 Mar 2016

Please could you specify what lines exactly were removed ? 

from your own github - this is an obvious change as you have removed three fields when creating the Boonex Version.

Quote · 26 Mar 2016

OK, so looking at this a lot longer this past week - i think i understand what you did - but - somewhere, you have made it impossible to add a new custom OAuth. In the Custom OAuth, it has button color, text, and text color. This should have been implemented to the Dolphin Package - instead of mimicking an existing package. Just my opinion - and apparently there are others who would like to control what that button is. But again, since adding a new custom OAuth does not work - we dont have the ability to just create our own. If you manage to get that back working - then that gives us the option to choose what we want - either that door, or our own text and such. Cause noone knows what the heck tht doggone arrow pointing at a door means. If you look at it long enough - eventually curiousity will get you to click it. But it should not be a guessing game.

Please could you specify what lines exactly were removed ? 

boonex cust oauth.jpg · 186.3K · 665 views
boonex no custom oauth button.jpg · 122.3K · 651 views
caredesign.net
Quote · 26 Mar 2016

It maybe it was changed in he Rocket.Chat, but it's true that we need to add some styling options for the login button: https://github.com/boonex/dolphin.pro/issues/387

OK, so looking at this a lot longer this past week - i think i understand what you did - but - somewhere, you have made it impossible to add a new custom OAuth. In the Custom OAuth, it has button color, text, and text color. This should have been implemented to the Dolphin Package - instead of mimicking an existing package. Just my opinion - and apparently there are others who would like to control what that button is. But again, since adding a new custom OAuth does not work - we dont have the ability to just create our own. If you manage to get that back working - then that gives us the option to choose what we want - either that door, or our own text and such. Cause noone knows what the heck tht doggone arrow pointing at a door means. If you look at it long enough - eventually curiousity will get you to click it. But it should not be a guessing game.

Quote · 26 Mar 2016

the original Rocket.Chat works perfect for adding a custom OAuth. You do not even have to add all the credentials - just simply enable a new OAuth and the button will appear - the boonex version - een filling in all the info - no button appears.

caredesign.net
Quote · 26 Mar 2016

ok so I am trying to install the server but I am running into an issue..when I get to the download step and type in wget --content-disposition http://ci.boonex.com/chat/latest.php I get a 502 bad gateway error, Is there a possibilty of getting some light shed on this subject.  Maybe an updated download link.

Quote · 17 Feb 2018

ok so I am trying to install the server but I am running into an issue..when I get to the download step and type in wget --content-disposition http://ci.boonex.com/chat/latest.php I get a 502 bad gateway error, Is there a possibilty of getting some light shed on this subject.  Maybe an updated download link.

The download server is currently unavailable. Please try it again later.

Edit: Just heard back that it's been fixed. Try it again now.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 17 Feb 2018

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.