Chat+ installed, how to integrate with D7.3 now?

Hi. I've followed the install for CentOS instructions and can login directly as admin into the URL.

How now do I integrate Chat+ with D7.3 ? ie. when I go to "Modules" I do see:

1. Chat+ version 1.3.0 by Boonex
  2. OAuth2 Server version 1.3.0 by BoonEx
  3. Dolphin connect version 1.3.0 by Boonex

"Not installed" on my server.

Can't find any instructions on what to do now ie. do I install all three items above? if so, what steps are required to get it working with Chat+ (that I have running on a URL now).

Your advice and assistance is very much appreciated. Thank you.

Quote · 15 Mar 2016

open the Chat+ module in the admin section of your site

Enter url for your chat server

open OAuth module

enter nae for your chat server

enter url for chat server

submit (this will create keys for OAuth on chat server)

leave this window open as you will need info from it

open Chat+ by going to whatever subdomain you have setup for your chat server (ie. chat.yourdomain.com)

go to Administration section and click Accounts

click the Dolphin OAuth account

enter required information

save.

Now - I have seen it written where you are suposed to restart the chat server - but I just log out and the button is there and everything works fine. then log back in

enter the keys

caredesign.net
Quote · 15 Mar 2016

Thank you Prof. Went through each step and logged out / back in.

I then accessed the "Chat+" module from Dolphin, and it shows a "Email or username" and "Password" prompt in a window (iframe maybe).

Should this be performing an auto-login?

I checked the Dolphin section in the Chat+ section again, and there is this option:

I

Does this have to be True or False?

I tried both and the login prompt on the Dolphin side continues to display.

Please advise. Thank you.

Quote · 15 Mar 2016

in the Account section of the Chat server - in the dolp[hin account - make sure enabled is set to true.

then go back to your site and click the Chat+ link in your navigation menu.

then there should be a blue button with an arrow pointing to what kinda looks like a door - click that - this is what a member would use to pull in their Dolphin site info to the Chat+. I hate that they took the ability to name the button away when they did the dolphin version. SHould have left it so we could label it - most users will have no freaking clue what the heck that blue button is - or that it is even a button.

caredesign.net
Quote · 15 Mar 2016

Professor SR....thank you very much......your explanation was great I got it working.... :))

Quote · 14 Nov 2016

Hello...

Amazing Information, Helped alot...

I have a problem , when i use my website as the chat URL "as instructed in fineline of setup page" ; then when i open chat page, it opens the website itself again inside (like iFrame)

My website: https://www.mensecretclub.com

Chat Page: https://www.mensecretclub.com/m/chat_plus/view/

Quote · 29 Apr 2019

Hello...

Amazing Information, Helped alot...

I have a problem , when i use my website as the chat URL "as instructed in fineline of setup page" ; then when i open chat page, it opens the website itself again inside (like iFrame)

My website: https://www.mensecretclub.com

Chat Page: https://www.mensecretclub.com/m/chat_plus/view/

No, you have the URL set up wrong.  If you go to demo.dolphin.com; you need to look at the URL set up for the oauth, and then you can go into the Chat+ installation and go to the oauth settings (not the top aouth in Chat+ where it says add one but the one where you scroll down and see Dolphin oauth) look at the settings there.  If you follow the demo site you should get it corrected.

First try it on your own, if not, then I might have time to look at it for you.  The Chat+ module basically sets up the Chat+ to open in an iframe and you have it set to open your site in that iframe.  The issue is probably with the settings in your admin.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 30 Apr 2019

Hello...

Thanks for your kind response...

i have changed the URL to chat.mydomain.com and used the new generated key/secret; yet nothing fixed...

also i have enabled feature called "oauth" in my apache settings from cPanel, if it has any relation!

still nothing works.

please see screenshot

Quote · 30 Apr 2019

Hello...

Thanks for your kind response...

i have changed the URL to chat.mydomain.com and used the new generated key/secret; yet nothing fixed...

also i have enabled feature called "oauth" in my apache settings from cPanel, if it has any relation!

still nothing works.

please see screenshot

You are not using Dolphin connect for chat+  You can remove that.

Secondly, you didn't show what you had entered into the Dolphin Oauth in the chat+ admin settings.

Quote · 30 Apr 2019

Hello

i have uninstalled dolphin connect as you advised.

and here attached the exact settings i have done.

thanks

Quote · 30 Apr 2019

OK, let me ask this; because you still have not shown any settings from the Chat+ server.  Have you installed Chat+ server on your server or had someone else to do so?  Installing Chat+ requires a VPN or Dedicated server and root access.

Quote · 30 Apr 2019

Hello

actually no, i thought chat+ meant to be the module from add/manage modules, not server software!

is it something i can do through cPanel ?

Quote · 1 May 2019

Hello

actually no, i thought chat+ meant to be the module from add/manage modules, not server software!

is it something i can do through cPanel ?

No, Chat+ is a version of Rocket.Chat and needs to be installed on a VPS or Dedicated.  If you have a VPS or Dedicated, I can install the Chat+ server.  It cannot be installed on shared hosting and unlike the RMS you can't set it up for remote users.

The module just sets up an iframe for the chat and allows quick access through the oauth module.

Quote · 1 May 2019

i see, so probably it wont work for me...

can you advise about the regular chat or any other solution might be suitable for shared hosting?

currently i have 2 modules, Chat & Chat+ ; is there is any difference or any of them can work without VPS ?

Quote · 1 May 2019

i see, so probably it wont work for me...

can you advise about the regular chat or any other solution might be suitable for shared hosting?

currently i have 2 modules, Chat & Chat+ ; is there is any difference or any of them can work without VPS ?

You have to look at solutions that don't require any root level installations.  Chat was flash based and used the RMS (Ray's Media Server).  RMS allowed remote connections so you could rent RMS from someone else.  The problem with Chat is that some mobile devices can't connect to a flash based chat.  Chat+ is Rocket.Chat and is a chat server.

What you might want to look at is Comet Chat; it can be installed without root level access to your server and it does offer rooms.  The admin can create rooms and users can create rooms.  However, Comet Chat is not free.

If you are looking for free, then I don't have an answer.

Quote · 1 May 2019

I am really thankful for all the support and information

manyyyyyyyyyyy thanks :)

Cheers...

Quote · 2 May 2019

1 more thing please...

what about the the regular chat, not chat + ?

It installed, shown in menu, but its not shown in module or flash apps to be able to do any settings!

if the problem is with mobile devices only, i can still use it; any advise how to ?

Quote · 2 May 2019

1 more thing please...

what about the the regular chat, not chat + ?

It installed, shown in menu, but its not shown in module or flash apps to be able to do any settings!

if the problem is with mobile devices only, i can still use it; any advise how to ?

Regular Chat requires a connection to RMS server.  If you don't have VPS or Dedicated, then you might can find someone still having a RMS server to allow you to connect, either for a fee or free.  I have done so for a fee.  You can PM me.

Quote · 2 May 2019

Thanks alot for all the valuable information :)

Quote · 3 May 2019

It's not shown in flash settings because almost all web browsers disable/block flash by default now. 

You have to enable flash in your web browser then you will be able to see all flash settings. 

https://dolphin-techs.com - Skype: Dolphin Techs
Quote · 3 May 2019

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.