Chat don't work with Firefox

Hi,

Chat works with all version oF IE, but it not works with firefox. It's not a probleme of flash player or anything like that I have test with many version and computer. Web presence works with the both navigator.

I don't really understand why ?

Quote · 1 Sep 2008

FF3.0 i think you are correct, this has been addressed and submitted to the developers. however, if you read the splash when you got the prompt to install FF3 it informed you that many things would no longer work, and obviously this is one that was not listed, it was talking more about plugins and themes and addons for FF itself. 

but jackson, would help when you report that something doesnt work, to try to have version numbers of everything that is not compatible with each other. for instance what ray are you running? 

regards,
DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 1 Sep 2008

Hi guys. I am using ff3 and chat is working for me. I am using Dolphin 6.1.4 Free. 'Presence' is now working also. I do have Flash installed. took a while for 'Presence' to start working after install though.

Regards,

Stuart

There are none so blind as those that will not see.
Quote · 1 Sep 2008

I use dolphin 6.1.4 free with ray 3.5.3.

I have tried to re install ray many time but nothing change.

Stuart038, have you succeed to do work IM with presence because when I clicked on IM, it's say that IM is not registered but I haven't got IM in my panel admin. I try to enter the license directly in the file main.xml but not working.

Quote · 2 Sep 2008

I have re install dolphin, now the chat works with both navigator. But I get IM  not registered and I haven't got IM in my ray panel admin...

Quote · 4 Sep 2008

I cannot get chat, im or presence to load when I access http://www.boonex.us as well as my own site and other dolphin sites I have seen when using Firefox 3.  This is a major issue and I have not been able to find any solution.  I would be interested in hearing a way around this.

Quote · 7 Sep 2008

Thye only solution what I found, was to re install dolphin. But if presence don't load when you access http://www.boonex.us, it's another problem... May be with flash. I don't known

Quote · 8 Sep 2008

are you referring to not being able to connect to the free boonex rms associated with chat, profile video and im? If so this has been known not to connect, it's overloaded and many report problems with it.

Turn off rms and see if you at least get your widgets to load.

Otherwise go with a decent 3rd party rms.

I have ie6 and ff 2 and ff3 and everything loads as it should free and adfree versions of all widgets.

DialMe.com - Your One and Only Source For Boonex Dolphin Tutorials and Resources
Quote · 8 Sep 2008

I have had the same problem as well. The chat room, nor the IM's were not working.

I had to turn my RMS back on, on my server. But, that only fixed the chat room.

IM's are still not working in Firefox.

Everything works okay in IE, just not Firefox.

Does anyone know why IM's dont work in Firefox?

Quote · 16 Oct 2008

IM works in Fire Fox just fine.

You can simply test it in boonex.us

If it don't work on your site - just contact support@boonex.com to get help.

Regards

Artur A

Quote · 17 Oct 2008

''

did you configure the ip and port numbers in webapps/im/WEB-INF/red5-prop

Sammy, where can we find this?

Quote · 11 Nov 2008

This problem even appears with FlashPlayer 9. I solved this problem with a complete re-install of Dolphin and Ray.

I run Dolphin 6.1.4 Ad-Free with Ray 3.5.3 Ad-Free.  In Firefox 3 all widgets work.  I have Flashplayer 9 installed, I uninstalled Flashplayer 10 for this very reason.  In otherwards, get rid of Flash Player 10 & reinstall with the older FlashPlayer 9.

Quote · 16 Nov 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.