D7 Misrepresents Support For Couples Profiles

1.  Thank you for stopping in.  Like you I and many others in here are paying customers.  So please step down off the "I'm a paying customer horse" that you seem to feel you have a special right to be up on.  The vast majority here are "Paying Customers".

2.  D7, like any other version of Dolphin is a base for you to start with.  Did you really think you would open it up and it would be ready to go out of the box for YOUR site specifically?  Come on, your smarter than that.  All Scripts take work to make them fit the site they are being used for. 

3.  I just spent hours and hours ripping parts of the couples out of a D6 site because while they wanted to use Couple Profiles it made the thing unsightly in the member search areas, mail system and so on. 

4.  To cover your issue of why is the "Looking For" seperate for the members?  Let's say you have a couple that likes to swing, but both are straight.  The male is looking for "Females" to swing with and the female is looking for "Males" to swing with.  They have no interest in a married couple because they see it as drama they don't need and so on.  As far as search for Couple goes, add it to the field.  It's not that hard.

5.  Fields such as Zip Code that you don't want them to provide individually, rather as a couple, slip into the DB/Sourcecode and adjust it.  Again this comes around to my playing with D6 last night to get rid of the extra thumbnail on the browse pages.  It's not that hard to do it.

6.  Where were you during testing of D7?  Oh yeah, your a paying customer.  Wait.  Caltrade is a paying customer, I'm a paying customer, Zarcon is a paying customer, Magnasoft is a paying customer, GuyPC is a paying customer, Killerhaii is a paying customer and so are many many many others.  We were all in here helping out with testing 8 friggin' Beta releases and then the RC's and then finally the actual Release Stable version, giving valuable feedback and input that Boonex did take into consideration as they tried to fine tune Hookie. 

You have noone to blame but yourself if your not happy with the script.  Perhaps you should take a moment and get off your arse and begin to actually do some real work to make the script do what you want it to do versus coming in here whining about it not working perfectly for you.  Guess what, it works perfectly out of the box for noone because we all have to do things to make it fit our needs.

Quote · 21 Feb 2010

I paid for it too :) this said i knew it was not a turn key product but beats the hell out of reinventing and rebuilding the wheel....

I have one or two basic questions....

is there a real need to upgrade? is like your car.. do you get it fixed when it's not broken. serviced maybe but never fixed

Do your Members want a change in the site?

is like facebook you can really piss them off with big changes.

So if your current site is working why in the world would you update??? you because you can do something never means you have too.

I had my first Couple join only to be horrified at what it did to my layout let alone the functionality of it. Lets face it if a site is ugly most users will bugger off and if it looks good but has bugs they will deal with it ( Is like men dating a goodlooking bitch woman )

Most Dating site users are not IT techs or web designers and will never qustion why things are the way they are but will bitch like hell if you change what they are used to.

P.S my site looks and works great now thanks for the hard work and sleepless nights.

Quote · 21 Feb 2010

and why was this posted in the bugs forum?

Regards,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 21 Feb 2010

Regards,

DosDawg

Because it bugs him. *Ba-da-da-ching!*

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 21 Feb 2010

Regards,

DosDawg

Because it bugs him. *Ba-da-da-ching!*

stinger there fella....

Regards,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 25 Feb 2010

MD,

how the heck did this post get -5 on it? imma push 1 up.

Regards,

DosDawg

Quote · 25 Feb 2010

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.