Default settings

I have noticed a few people asking this question and I cannot find an answer.

By DEFAULT albums are created as 'public' how do you change this default setting to 'members' There must be in the coding somewhere where when creating a default album it is set to members.  I need new albums when created to be automatically set to 'members' NOT 'public'

Any help appreciated. Thanks 

Quote · 18 Oct 2011

set album view to members only by default.

though this is not a setting in the admin panel specifically, it is an achievable task.

login to your database --> sys_privacy_actions

round about id = 8 album_view && module_uri=photos with default group set to 3

its currently set to 3 edit this and change it to 4

[or you can run this sql statement]

UPDATE sys_privacy_actions SET `default_group`='10' WHERE `module_uri`='photos' AND `title`='_bx_photos_album_view'

the where clause coupled with the AND just holds a safety net, that you are not going to fork off something, you could omit the module_uri, but there are other `name`='album_view' so you have to narrow down your query on this.

i am making an assumption here, and of course you know what goes with assumptions. 

now look at your admin panel under settings

look at the privacy settings

Default --> 1

Me Only --> 2

Public --> 3

Members --> 4

Friends --> 5

actually found something more solid to go on other than my presumption:

inc/classes/BxDolPrivacy.php

on or about line 25

define('BX_DOL_PG_DEFAULT', '1');

define('BX_DOL_PG_NOBODY', '2');

define('BX_DOL_PG_ALL', '3');

define('BX_DOL_PG_MEMBERS', '4');

define('BX_DOL_PG_FRIENDS', '5');

define('BX_DOL_PG_FAVES', '6');

define('BX_DOL_PG_CONTACTS', '7');

you could disable default, which is set at 3 not sure where that is at, i found it once before, but it eludes me now, and its supper time.

now from admin, go to site home to your profile icon, click on photos, then on Add Album, you will see "Allow viewing album to: Members" as being default.

though what i noticed is that the default album is set to public.

so you can change all albums that are already created with a sql statement on the sys_albums table in the database.

two ways, if the only setting on sys_albums is 3

UPDATE sys_albums SET `AllowAlbumView`='4'

Else

if there are multiple values on the table

UPDATE sys_albums SET `AllowAlbumView`='4' WHERE `AllowAlbumView`='3'

both do relatively the same thing, just using a where clause on the second statement narrows your query.

though what i found uncomprehensible was that in sys_privacy_actions

there are values set to default:

=a

=f

=p

so if anybody knows what those mean, kick us a clue. 

if you want to go further, you can search the database for everywhere boonex has set public --> as the default

i.e. Profiles table allow_view_to is set to 3, if you want this to be members only, then run the sql statement:

you will also notice on this same table, that you can set PrivacyDefaultGroup --> to Members, but i think this can also be achieved by what little actual admin control is available from the admin panel. 

UPDATE Profiles SET `allow_view_to`='4' WHERE `allow_view_to`='3'

UPDATE Profiles SET `PrivacyDefaultGroup`='4' WHERE `PrivacyDefaultGroup`='3'

i personally believe that allowing this functiont to be managed by the user is a nightmare, but good luck and to each his own. 

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 19 Oct 2011

Thanks for that info, at least now I know where the tables are and I can play around with it. I have managed to change all public albums to members using your info. but changing the default :round about id = 8 album_view && module_uri=photos with default group set to 3 its currently set to 3 edit this and change it to 4" hasn't worked, when I create a new album it still comes up as public. I will keep trying. Thanks for the advice.

Quote · 19 Oct 2011

set photo album to member by default

just checking in, since on another database, ID=8 was not the record entry ID, that was why i referenced module --> photos name --> album_view and _bx_photos_album_view

as you can see here, its set to VALUE 3, which is public, and this is where you would want to edit, and set thee VALUE to 4 ==> members

trying to create a video as well, but the video app is acting pompous, so not sure if i will get the video created. 

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 20 Oct 2011

Thanks DosDawg,

My ID was different of course, but I was in the right place and was set to 4, after I rebooted the computer it actually worked. When a member creates a new album it is now set to members by default...great, thanks. If I could ask - do you know if the default album (the one created on joining) can be automatically set to members, so that it does not have to be changed manually after someone joins. Thanks

Quote · 20 Oct 2011

without testing myself, i am going to venture and say, that setting sys_albums to default 4 should set all newly created albums to members. you can test that by creating a new user via registration. report back your findings. 

Thanks DosDawg,

My ID was different of course, but I was in the right place and was set to 4, after I rebooted the computer it actually worked. When a member creates a new album it is now set to members by default...great, thanks. If I could ask - do you know if the default album (the one created on joining) can be automatically set to members, so that it does not have to be changed manually after someone joins. Thanks

Quote · 21 Oct 2011

Thanks Dosdawg,

Took your advice and played around a bit, but believe it or not cannot find sys_albums to default 4

I found the table: and this is the structure, so I changed 'AllowAlbumView' to 4 no difference

This is in the sys_albums table. All new albums created when joining a new member default to public.

Thanks

dolp1.PNG · 76K · 197 views
Quote · 27 Oct 2011

Hi DosDawg. Your instructions to change existing members default privacy settings to 'members only' works a treat and all future albums created by an already existing member can be made to default to 'members only'.

However A new album is automatically created for a new member when he joins and the default privacy for that new album is automatically set to default to 'me only' if 'public' is disabled. So the question is... how does one change the default setting of the new album that is automatically created for new members.

NB Any Subsequent album that the new user creates for himself (not automatically produced on registration) is assigned as 'members only' if that is set as your default as is the case for me.

Your help and ideas would be greatly appreciated to solve this long standing problem.

without testing myself, i am going to venture and say, that setting sys_albums to default 4 should set all newly created albums to members. you can test that by creating a new user via registration. report back your findings. 

Thanks DosDawg,

Quote · 28 Oct 2011

i believe this to have been addressed. this was a two prong instructional. 

one being setting new members albums to default to members only, and the second was to set all existing albums to members only.

the task of setting all newly created albums for new members, defaulting to me only i am unaware of why that would be the case, because if you set default to =4, with 4 being members only, there is no way the albums are set to me only. 

would need to see your database settings on the two tables referenced here, as am not disabling default, i am setting default to =4, so albums created are still set to default, with default being 4 (members only)

Hi DosDawg. Your instructions to change existing members default privacy settings to 'members only' works a treat and all future albums created by an already existing member can be made to default to 'members only'.

However A new album is automatically created for a new member when he joins and the default privacy for that new album is automatically set to default to 'me only' if 'public' is disabled. So the question is... how does one change the default setting of the new album that is automatically created for new members.

NB Any Subsequent album that the new user creates for himself (not automatically produced on registration) is assigned as 'members only' if that is set as your default as is the case for me.

Your help and ideas would be greatly appreciated to solve this long standing problem.

Thanks DosDawg,

Quote · 28 Oct 2011

Hi DosDawg

I initially had the 'default' disabled in the admin panel security settings. However, I have now enabled this along with the 'members only'. I already had the default set to '4' (members only) in the sys_privacy_actions, so you would think that it would automatically create a members only album on registration. However, it still creates a private album.

Quote · 2 Nov 2011

hmmmm,

your post vanished~~~

yeah sys_privacy_actions is not where default is set

i believe it to be in sys_albums

i wouldnt disable the default group, as this would have an effect across the board, that is why i addressed the albums only on this post. 

because the request was directly related to albums default settings. 

AllowAlbumView set to =4 where =4 is members only, and this setting is in sys_albums

sys_privacy_actions is a totally different table. and refers to allowed Actions on the membership levels, is what i believe. 

Quote · 2 Nov 2011

also, when you mention the album being set as private, are you inferring that a logged in member is not able to view the album? 

because if that is the case, it would seem to me that there is some setting that is not working out right. sys_privacy_actions sets privacy ACL for memberships as stated. where i have not tested, though i will and create a video on this, but from what i believe, the edits i have provided here, will create a default album by newly registered members and set it viewable to members only. 

where 'me only' is coming from is beyond me. 

Hi DosDawg

I initially had the 'default' disabled in the admin panel security settings. However, I have now enabled this along with the 'members only'. I already had the default set to '4' (members only) in the sys_privacy_actions, so you would think that it would automatically create a members only album on registration. However, it still creates a private album.

Quote · 2 Nov 2011

Forget the 'Me Only' that was my error. Newly registered members are having their albums default to '3' which is 'Public'

Yes, logged in members are not able to view the album.

The  sys_albums table will only let me edit an albums privacy setting once the album has been created right?

also, when you mention the album being set as private, are you inferring that a logged in member is not able to view the album? 

because if that is the case, it would seem to me that there is some setting that is not working out right. sys_privacy_actions sets privacy ACL for memberships as stated. where i have not tested, though i will and create a video on this, but from what i believe, the edits i have provided here, will create a default album by newly registered members and set it viewable to members only. 

Quote · 2 Nov 2011

Further more, on registration the 'profiles' table in the database also defaults profiles to #3 'public' in the following columns:

PrivacyDefaultGroup

Allow_View_to

Quote · 2 Nov 2011

yes, that is setting the profile AllowViewTo --> 3 where 3 is public, but that is not what i was iterating

if you want profiles viewable by members only, then yes, you would need to change that record entry from 3 --> 4

Further more, on registration the 'profiles' table in the database also defaults profiles to #3 'public' in the following columns:

PrivacyDefaultGroup

Allow_View_to

Quote · 2 Nov 2011

Hi Dos Dawg. Thanks for your input and help.

I followed your instructions as below in bold. Currently my site is configured as follow:

In the Admin Panel 'Privacy Settings' the only two that are now enabled are: 'Default' and 'Members only'

In the database the  'sys_privacy_actions' the defaults have been changed to '4' Members only as per your instructions below.

However, when a new member registers their automatically created album is set to '3' (public) but which can not be viewed by logged in members. Also, their profile in the database is set to 3 'Public' in  'PrivacyDefaultGroup' and 'Allow_View_to'.

I really don't understand what is occurring here. Your thoughts are much appreciated.

set album view to members only by default.

though this is not a setting in the admin panel specifically, it is an achievable task.

login to your database --> sys_privacy_actions

round about id = 8 album_view && module_uri=photos with default group set to 3

its currently set to 3 edit this and change it to 4

[or you can run this sql statement]

UPDATE sys_privacy_actions SET `default_group`='10' WHERE `module_uri`='photos' AND `title`='_bx_photos_album_view'

the where clause coupled with the AND just holds a safety net, that you are not going to fork off something, you could omit the module_uri, but there are other `name`='album_view' so you have to narrow down your query on this.

i am making an assumption here, and of course you know what goes with assumptions. 

now look at your admin panel under settings

look at the privacy settings

Default --> 1

Me Only --> 2

Public --> 3

Members --> 4

Friends --> 5

actually found something more solid to go on other than my presumption:

inc/classes/BxDolPrivacy.php

on or about line 25

define('BX_DOL_PG_DEFAULT', '1');

define('BX_DOL_PG_NOBODY', '2');

define('BX_DOL_PG_ALL', '3');

define('BX_DOL_PG_MEMBERS', '4');

define('BX_DOL_PG_FRIENDS', '5');

define('BX_DOL_PG_FAVES', '6');

define('BX_DOL_PG_CONTACTS', '7');

you could disable default, which is set at 3 not sure where that is at, i found it once before, but it eludes me now, and its supper time.

now from admin, go to site home to your profile icon, click on photos, then on Add Album, you will see "Allow viewing album to: Members" as being default.

though what i noticed is that the default album is set to public.

so you can change all albums that are already created with a sql statement on the sys_albums table in the database.

two ways, if the only setting on sys_albums is 3

UPDATE sys_albums SET `AllowAlbumView`='4'

Else

if there are multiple values on the table

both do relatively the same thing, just using a where clause on the second statement narrows your query.

though what i found uncomprehensible was that in sys_privacy_actions

=a

=f

=p

if you want to go further, you can search the database for everywhere boonex has set public --> as the default

i.e. Profiles table allow_view_to is set to 3, if you want this to be members only, then run the sql statement:

you will also notice on this same table, that you can set PrivacyDefaultGroup --> to Members, but i think this can also be achieved by what little actual admin control is available from the admin panel. 

UPDATE Profiles SET `allow_view_to`='4' WHERE `allow_view_to`='3'

UPDATE Profiles SET `PrivacyDefaultGroup`='4' WHERE `PrivacyDefaultGroup`='3'

i personally believe that allowing this functiont to be managed by the user is a nightmare, but good luck and to each his own. 

Quote · 2 Nov 2011

callum,

Hi Dos Dawg. Thanks for your input and help.

I followed your instructions as below in bold. Currently my site is configured as follow:

In the Admin Panel 'Privacy Settings' the only two that are now enabled are: 'Default' and 'Members only'

this is where i think things are going awry for you. depending on what default is set to in the database is what parameter this value would take from the admin panel. 

seems the permission settings have been generalized here on the admin panel under privacy settings, and that creates problems. 

Quote · 2 Nov 2011

The default in the database is set to '4' members only.

See below for sys_albums config:

Quote · 2 Nov 2011

and my sys_privacy_actions are set to '4' also

Quote · 2 Nov 2011

Basically I wanted only 2 categories for my site: members + friends. so I disabled all other groups through admin panel/setting/privacy, and so when a member creates an album he can only choose from these 2 groups where "members" was the default, or selected 1. However, for some reason other members, admin included, saw only the ugly padlock and couldn't view the albums, unless they were changed to "friends" and the other member  or admin where included in the friend's list.

so I hoped the above solution might help me. I enabled the "default" group as I read somewhere that it better not be disabled, and then I played with the dbase as shown in the VDO, but for me, changing the default value didn't make any difference, and all new albums where now "default". I changed the values many times, and cleared the cache and reloaded my browser - even closed the tab and opened a new 1 - to no avail.... and then i tried pressing "my albums" and what happened you can see in the attached pic...... and I can't get it back to normal again :(

as I am also logged in as admin on another browser (testing user's part on chrome and administrating the site with ie6) I tried to go there to my albums and got exactly the same screen... and now when ever I go to "photos" that's what I see.

So - anyone got an idea of what I did wrong? how to fix it?? I really don't want to re-install D7 once more.........

HELP

whathappened.jpg · 71.5K · 207 views
Quote · 30 Dec 2011

OK - problem fixed. not sure if that was what fixed it, but here's what I did:

1. In privacy settings enabled again only "members" and "friends" groups

2. in sys_albums table's structure I changed the default "allowalbumview" valuer to 4 (being "members" group)

3. in sys_albums data I changed all other "allowalbumview" values to be only 4 or 5 ("members" or "friends")

4. in sys_privacy_actions I changed the "default_group" value to be 4

vualla - photo page back to normal... still have to check id the desired results were achieved though...

That was a good reminder that changing data from within the live dbase is extremely dangerous...... 

Quote · 31 Dec 2011

OK - problem fixed. not sure if that was what fixed it, but here's what I did:

1. In privacy settings enabled again only "members" and "friends" groups

2. in sys_albums table's structure I changed the default "allowalbumview" valuer to 4 (being "members" group)

3. in sys_albums data I changed all other "allowalbumview" values to be only 4 or 5 ("members" or "friends")

4. in sys_privacy_actions I changed the "default_group" value to be 4

vualla - photo page back to normal... still have to check id the desired results were achieved though...

That was a good reminder that changing data from within the live dbase is extremely dangerous...... 

happiness was premature... after restarting my computer I am back at the mess as described above.. Anyone with ideas please HELP....

Quote · 31 Dec 2011

This dont work

--Germany-- Sorry for my bad english :P
Quote · 6 Jan 2012

it worked eventually. for some reason, some changes to the site - probably changes that effect the DB - somehow destroy 1 or some of the pages. it goes back to normal after clearing the cache of the the DB.

Quote · 17 Jan 2012

DosDawg asked:

=a

=f

=p

a -> admins only

f -> fans only

p -> participants

http://pkforum.dolphinhelp.com
Quote · 25 Jul 2012

Just to add something with Privacy and I hope it works for all of you also:

Every modules photos, video, groups may have this in classes/Bx"nameof module"PageAlbumsMy.php

Sample on videos classes/BxVideosPageAlbumsMy.php

in line 120 :

'AllowAlbumView' => BX_DOL_PG_ALL,

change to 

'AllowAlbumView' => BX_DOL_PG_MEMBERS,

So the same if you like to apply it in other module..

Enjoy!

Expertzkris

"Making thing possible"

"Your future is created by what you do today, not tomorrow." @ www.dexpertz.net
Quote · 16 Aug 2012

Does this not work with 7.0.0? I've changed the default to 4 in phpMyadmin, but it still defaults to public for albums.

Quote · 9 Oct 2012

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.