Disabling TinyMCE

Hello,

Is possible to disable the TinyMCE editor for to use a simple text plain editor in the compose email pages?

Thanks in advance.
Regards.

Quote · 7 Jan 2015

I found a solution for that but not at all because the pluging is not disabled.

In the BxBaseEditorTinyMCE.php file I modified the Tiny editor config for to keep the editor like a plain text area.

Change this option:

theme_advanced_toolbar_location: 'top',

to:

theme_advanced_toolbar_location: 'none',

Thanks.

Regards.

Quote · 7 Jan 2015

I found a solution for that but not at all because the pluging is not disabled.

In the BxBaseEditorTinyMCE.php file I modified the Tiny editor config for to keep the editor like a plain text area.

Change this option:

theme_advanced_toolbar_location: 'top',

to:

theme_advanced_toolbar_location: 'none',

Thanks.

Regards.

This is going to affect the editor for all areas of your site that uses that init.  I would have looked at disabling it in the email files.  Actually, I would do as suggested and turn off JS caching since it is causing issues and could break other areas of your site.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 7 Jan 2015

Hello Geek,

Actually I have disabled the JS cache in my site because I did not find any solution for that but I prefer to leave this configuration for the Tinymce because I dont want that the users can attach any image in their emails.

Thanks for all.
Regards.

Quote · 7 Jan 2015

To disable tinymce area just in mail compose/reply modify the following lines in templates/base/scripts/BxBaseMailBox.php file (~near 1605 line):

//bx_import('BxDolEditor');
            //$oEditor = BxDolEditor::getObjectInstance();
            //$sEditor = $oEditor ? $oEditor->attachEditor ('#compose_message', BX_EDITOR_FULL, true) : '';

return $sOutputHtml;

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 13 Jan 2015

Hi AlexT

Where do I deactivate TinyMCE at all? I don't want to have it appear on any part of my website. 

Thank you.

Quote · 22 Jun 2016

Where do I deactivate TinyMCE at all? I don't want to have it appear on any part of my website. 

Try to to do the following in template/scripts/BxBaseEditorTinyMCE.php file: 

public function attachEditor ($sSelector, $iViewMode = BX_EDITOR_STANDARD, $bDynamicMode = false)
{
    return true;

However it may cause that new lines will not be processed correctly in the entered text.

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 26 Jun 2016

I need to disable TinyMce in message only but this does not work for me in 7.3.5. It removes TinyMce but it also removes the ability to send the message. Also, coding is a little different in 7.3.5. Does anyone know the changes needed for 7.3.5. 

To disable tinymce area just in mail compose/reply modify the following lines in templates/base/scripts/BxBaseMailBox.php file (~near 1605 line):

//bx_import('BxDolEditor');
            //$oEditor = BxDolEditor::getObjectInstance();
            //$sEditor = $oEditor ? $oEditor->attachEditor ('#compose_message', BX_EDITOR_FULL, true) : '';

return $sOutputHtml;

Quote · 26 Jun 2021

Hello callum!

In the following code of the mentioned BxBaseMailBox.php 

$sEditor = '';

if ($oEditor) {

$oEditor->setCustomConf ("remove_script_host: false,\nrelative_urls: false,\n");

$sEditor = $oEditor->attachEditor ('#compose_message', BX_EDITOR_FULL);

}

return array($sEditor . $sOutputHtml, $aTopToggleEllements);

replace this line:

to this variant:

return array($sOutputHtml, $aTopToggleEllements);

Quote · 28 Jun 2021

Does not work for me Leonid. It removes TinyMce but it also removes the ability to send the message. When I click on 'send' nothing happens.

Hello callum!

In the following code of the mentioned BxBaseMailBox.php 

$sEditor = '';

if ($oEditor) {

$oEditor->setCustomConf ("remove_script_host: false,\nrelative_urls: false,\n");

$sEditor = $oEditor->attachEditor ('#compose_message', BX_EDITOR_FULL);

}

replace this line:

to this variant:

return array($sOutputHtml, $aTopToggleEllements);

Quote · 3 Jul 2021

Hello callum!

I'm waiting for your reply to my data request via mail here.

Quote · 5 Jul 2021

@LeonidS

This might help you.

The send fails because the send button calls the javascript function sendMessage in inc\js\mail_box.js which is expecting to find the tinymce editor object. It's is no longer there so the call it makes to tinyMCE.get(htmlSelectors[0]) fails with a error.

The function will need to be rewritten to get the content of the html textarea value instead of using the tinymce getContent call.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 6 Jul 2021

HI deano!

Thnx for info, will check on the callum site when he will reply me :-)

Quote · 7 Jul 2021

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.