Dolphin 7.4.2" to "UNA

I would like to have your instructions as soon as possible, on how should I transfer/change "Dolphin 7.4.2" to "UNA 10" without losing posts - photos and memberships.
Ι need your directions for the best way to do that.
Thanking you in advance
Quote · 20 Sep 2019

me need too.

https://www.insoler.com/ The first community site supports RAW photo formats !
Quote · 20 Sep 2019

I have read some bad stories about moving Dolphin to UNA.  One is long migration times and not all content migrating.  The UNA migration script will only work with the core Dolphin modules; so third party modules that add content to your site won't migrate over.  Now you need to realise that your third party modules might not have a UNA equivalent either.

If you decide to migrate a site from Dolphin to UNA, I suggest you give php all the resources available; normally you would set ram to say 528 megs or so; no, give php  a gig or two of ram.  Make the execution times of scripts in hours  and give mysql all you can give it as well.  This will help in the migration of the site.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 20 Sep 2019

One is long migration times and not all content migrating.

I read that too GG about the site that had thousands of photos and other content that took days to move.

I think most sites with the less content could use the module to convert to UNA as long as they don't have third party modules in use; not the norm for any Dolphin site.

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 22 Sep 2019

One is long migration times and not all content migrating.

I read that too GG about the site that had thousands of photos and other content that took days to move.

I think most sites with the less content could use the module to convert to UNA as long as they don't have third party modules in use; not the norm for any Dolphin site.

I think part of the problem was as you said, it had thousands of photos and my guess is that the php settings were too low.  I consulted the person and told them to increase the settings for php to as high as possible.  I once migrated a site from Dolphin 6 to 7.x.  I ended up having to copy the site to a local LAMP stack where I could use ridiculous settings for php; setting the script execution times to hours.

I recommend the same for Dolphin to UNA; you don't want php ending a long script execution because it will break the migration.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 22 Sep 2019

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.