Dolphin is NOT safe!

WARNING!

The Boonex php script is NOT SAFE! My Dolphin script was hacking in less than 3 weeks, and many malicious files were uploaded to my server.

I am shocked that such a vulnerable script is marketed as the best social network around. Sure, it looks great, but it is VERY dangerous and open to attack!

DO NOT USE ANYTHING FROM BOONEX UNTIL THEY ADDRESS THIS IMPORTANT ISSUE!

Quote · 11 Jul 2008

read forum pls

Quote · 11 Jul 2008

check your servers settings? post here your phpinfo() and let us take a look?

later,
DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 12 Jul 2008

Boonex is experiencing a minor issue that comes with explosive software/NET Growth/ Exposure...HACKS. Someone has now spent the time to learn how to exploit the D6 frame work through PHP and Apache1.3.3. Could be a competitor for all we know. But once they have figured out the exploit it is real simple to link to D-Communities and run  your HACK over and over again. Unfortunately it sucks for all running communities but is by no means a code error or flaw in the D-6 architecture but rather an exploited hole in the overall transition of Web1.0 to Web2.0 which is more secure, precise and strict in its general script behavior. I am running Web2.0 and have no issues but have seen the inquires in my log files. Before blamming Dolphin I would be very interested in knowing which version of Apache and PHP your current hosting environment is providing.

Stay strong it is only a minor hiccup in the grand scope of the NET.

Quote · 13 Jul 2008

And please read next:

http://www.boonex.com/unity/blog/entry/IMPORTANT_Security_Alert_

Quote · 14 Jul 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.