Email Verification Issue

After I enabled email verification on my site, now the new users are getting the error message attached..

Please note, I can send emails to and from my server. I also have the cron job below already set
* * * * * /usr/local/bin/php -q /home/siteuser/public_html/periodic/cron.php

Could someone shed some light on this please if there is anything else I need to check..  

Thanks. 

email-verification-issue.PNG · 12.6K · 180 views
Quote · 18 Oct 2016

Could someone shed some light please.. I have 2 sites on the same server, one works fine, the other is having issues with emails verification.. This tells me the email server is working fine, I am not sure where/what  to look for to fix this problem..

Your input is much appreciated !!

Quote · 20 Oct 2016

I found the issue on the log, here is what I see:

dovecot_login authenticator failed for [hostname] [domain] [ip]:49670: 535 Incorrect authentication data (set_id=info@mysite.com)

I changed the password for above email:  info@mysite.com but I am still getting same issues.

I am using exim and I think I need to change SMTP AUTH somewhere.. could someone help please..

Please note, I am able to send emails back and forth manually, but emails are not being sent automatically when a new user joins the site..

Thanks !

Quote · 22 Oct 2016

Wow, I've been asking for some help for the last 5 days, not even a hint from this beloved forum Frown

This is very crucial for me, all my new users can not get verification emails, I spent days on this, and no luck..

Please could someone check the error attached and  shed some lights.. The error message is coming from the site and not from the server.. This error is in the source code somewhere, it would help to see what triggered the error during new registration..

Thanks !!

email-registration-issue.PNG · 13.3K · 154 views
Quote · 23 Oct 2016

Wow, I've been asking for some help for the last 5 days, not even a hint from this beloved forum 

Did you test the mailer in the host audit page?

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 23 Oct 2016

I am not familiar with  host audit page.. is this in Admin ? Can you specify please.. Thx.

Quote · 24 Oct 2016

I am not familiar with  host audit page.. is this in Admin ? Can you specify please.. Thx.

yoursite[dot]com/administration/host_tools.php

mail-test.JPG · 60.5K · 350 views
Quote · 24 Oct 2016

Thanks so much newton27 !  The test email did fail - At least I have a starting point to troubleshoot this thing..

Please see attached, the email failed, but I am not getting any error message or what the cause is..

in mail audit, it says click here to send test email to info@world.com - but where does it use the authentication info ? maybe the password has been changed & not sure if I need to change it somewhere in Admin or at the server level too ?

Any input is much appreciated ! 

mail-audit-failed.PNG · 11.2K · 170 views
Quote · 24 Oct 2016

One more thing, I was able to change the audit email from "basic settings", and during the test, I can see the new email, but the password has to be specified somewhere in order for the test to work.. Where is the password is specified at ?

Thanks ! 

Quote · 24 Oct 2016

You must be using the SMTP Mailer. If you don't have that module installed then you are using the PHP mailer from your site.

I use the SMTP Mailer to better config my emails where there coming from. There you will have to set up your mail account you want to use. All the account info stuff.

Quote · 25 Oct 2016

I installed {ssmtp}, configured it and was able to send email successfully from the server using this test:
echo "SMTP TEST EMAIL" | mail -s "SSMTP IS WORKING.." world@gmail.com 

But I am still getting same failed email from admin audit  which you can see on the attached from my prior post..

Is there anything else I need to add/change on the Admin ?

Thank you.

Quote · 25 Oct 2016

That one Newton might have to answer or someone who would know the inside of dolphin.. I never had a problem with the mail system with the smtp mailer.

Quote · 25 Oct 2016

I installed {ssmtp}, configured it and was able to send email successfully from the server using this test:

What TruckingSpace meant was the SMTP mailer in Dolphin.Pro.

Find the setup instructions here.

https://github.com/boonex/dolphin.pro/wiki/SMTP-Mailer-Setup

Quote · 25 Oct 2016

Mission accomplished !!

@Newton27 & @TrukingSpace - you guys have been very helpful, I can't thank you enough for saving me another week of headaches.  I installed smtp, I followed the smtp setup link you provided, and everything works as expected now..

I tested a new Acct, I got a successful message this time:   E-mail has been successfully sent. You should receive it within a minute.  

But I was wondering where in the code I can modify  the successful message above, I wanted to add: "please check your SPAM box.

Other than that, all is good now :)

Thanks again ! 

Quote · 25 Oct 2016

FYI - I did find the keyname for this message:   "E-mail has been successfully sent. You should receive it within a minute.  " and was able to change the content accordingly..  The keyname is:  _EMAIL_CONF_SENT

Quote · 26 Oct 2016

FYI - I did find the keyname for this message:   "E-mail has been successfully sent. You should receive it within a minute.  " and was able to change the content accordingly..  The keyname is:  _EMAIL_CONF_SENT

That method works fine; not sure if you have been here or not.

yoursite[dot]com/administration/email_templates.php

Quote · 26 Oct 2016

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.