Facebook Connect

My forum topic is wrong. My apologies to all and kevinmitnick. I was asked to change it and here it is Facebook For D7. I am not a member so I can not change the main top heading. Sorry again.

I bought the Facebook for D7 mod. Everything is working fine. Except the update status in the Profile Home page. When you connect by the icon on the main page and use that update staus it works fine, but the other one deosn't. Can you tell me how to fix this or check it out?

Quote · 7 Feb 2010

in this case you should contact the moder. he would know best
not everyone here has that mod... to dig into it

Quote · 7 Feb 2010

I bought the Facebook Connect mod. Everything is working fine. Except the update status in the Profile Home page. When you connect by the icon on the main page and use that update staus it works fine, but the other one deosn't. Can you tell me how to fix this or check it out?

Yes, you should have contacted me before posting here. Anyway here's the fix, update the file fb_block.php from the Mod package

Thanks

kevin

Looking for Help? http://www.boonex.com/kevinmitnick
Quote · 7 Feb 2010

I am not a member a paid member so I have no way to contact you. You said here is the fix. What is the fix? There are no directions. I installed all the folders as said in mod. So I need directions. Is there another fd_block.pnp update? If so, where?

Quote · 7 Feb 2010

You dont need any directions friend, just download the Mod package n find fb_block.php file n replace it with the one you have on your server.

Quote · 7 Feb 2010

Thank you Sir. Love the mod!

Quote · 7 Feb 2010

Thank you for the confirmation :)

Quote · 7 Feb 2010

Sorry to post here again, but I have no way to contact you. I wanted to ask is there anyway for the Facebook updates mod to show on the front page when people log into my site and then connect with the top icon connector? Like build a button for it?

Quote · 9 Feb 2010

You don't have to apologize for posting here Loopster, that's what the forums are for.  Yes, you should try to contact a modder by e-mail, but if you can't then this is an acceptable way of doing it. 

The modder should have within the mod an e-mail you can use to contact them off site also.  If you paid via Paypal then you should see the e-mail address on the details page of your paypal also.  At least the one they use for payments.  Just tryin' to pass you some useful info to help you contact a modder when you don't have their e-mail addy and your not a paid member here yet. 

This is also a suggestion to the modder to make sure they have a contact e-mail in the install readme file of their mod too.

Besides, you asked good questions and provided some useful info for future purchasers of his mod. 

Quote · 10 Feb 2010

the mod owner can contact you here on unity via pm and you can replay to him

Quote · 10 Feb 2010

Your 100% right. I should have taken those avenues. I have been so busy with all these sites I have that I do not stop and think sometimes.

Quote · 10 Feb 2010

Your fine Loopster, just gave you some info for the future.

Quote · 10 Feb 2010

No contact info on mod so I guess I am out of the loop now.

Quote · 10 Feb 2010

Can someone explain the difference in connecting by the login area to Facebook Connect and logging in as a regular user? Me being admin I already log into admin and use the facebook connect. Is the Facebook Connect in the log in drop down menu. Just a way to get into the site without filling anything out? Is it sort of like just a way to use the Facebook Updates?

Quote · 10 Feb 2010

RE:

Can someone explain the difference in connecting by the login area to Facebook Connect and logging in as a regular user? Me being admin I already log into admin and use the facebook connect. Is the Facebook Connect in the log in drop down menu. Just a way to get into the site without filling anything out? Is it sort of like just a way to use the Facebook Updates?

Just to clear things up, Facebook connect is something that makes it easier than ever, to accumulate totally useless profiles on your site, because Facebook connect circumvents the entire registration process.  In my opinion, facebook connect is utterly useless.  It's great it you want to give people a way to do drive-by logins without ever becoming a real site member.  There are much more efficient methods of creating useless database records, than Facebook connect.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 10 Feb 2010

I was thinking the same. Why would I want just random people on my site with little information. I think the that drop down menu needs to be moded to exclude the Facebook Connect. I do though like the idea that site members can use it within the site. Maybe I can try and figure that one out by looking at the code. Or hopefully the owner will help in fixing that if someone wants it that way. Probably can be done from the Developers page of Facebook. Which might I say is a mess.

Quote · 10 Feb 2010

Well... all you have to do is admin --> Tools --> Modules      and uninstall facebook connect... and that's the end of it.

Facebook connect may have it's uses, but I don't believe it being a way to join a D7 site, is one of those uses.  It's all a matter of opinion, but I would rather have one real user that went through the trouble of filling out the join form, than ten 'Facebook Connect' empty profiles. Active members are what makes or breaks a site.... not empty database records created by a facebook connect login.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 10 Feb 2010

I here what your saying, but I already paid $60 dollars for it and hate to lose the money by taking it off the site. I am sute there is a way to modify the log in menu box.

Quote · 10 Feb 2010

I mean I am sure there is a way to take that out of the login box.

Quote · 10 Feb 2010

I just PMed you looster

My mod is not a replacement to Facebook Connect Mod. You don't even need to have the facebook connect installed to use my mod.

Quote · 10 Feb 2010

What are you talking about? The mod I am using is your Facebook Connect mod. Which by the way isn't working once again. So I do not know what you are talking about. It works with the API keys so it has to do with Facebook Connect. All I want is the drop the Facebook Connection on the Log In menu. If is not feasible to have it at all. It's better that they connect to it within the site after they have registered as a member. The thing is also keeping connected and does not loag out when you leave the site. And "Yes" I did do the "logsout" change. It does not work. For some reason now the link "Facebook Friends" is not working. So I guess I will wait for a fix and reinstall it again. I am not downing your mod. I really like it and want it on my site. It is pretty pricey for $60, but I had to pay to get this function. My opinion which I know does not mean much on here, but I believe for the amount of money that people have to pay that the Twitter mod should have been included. By the way I can not receive e-mails. And I know it is not your fault, but I am not falling for having to pay to receive e-mails from Boonex. The one thing I do not agree on when stuff is always being changed on us over the past year or so.

Quote · 10 Feb 2010

So are you saying you do not need the key's in the admin for Facebook Connect to work? Should I take them out for your mod to work correctly? I mean it was working at one time.

Quote · 10 Feb 2010

Loopster,

My mod is "Facebook for D7" not "Facebook Connect" :) They are not same, each provides a different functionality.

please change this forum topic title to Facebook for D7 if possible

If you want to take the FB Connect out of the login box, follow the instruction as HL said. My mod "Facebook for D7" still works.

And we just noticed an error in my mod caused by Facebook FQL. The friends section isnt showing up anymore due to the changes made by them ( http://bugs.developers.facebook.com/show_bug.cgi?id=8698 )

we have fixed the issue and you just need to update file myfacebook.php

Download the mod package, find "myfacebook.php" in "/mod_fb/" directory and replace it with the one you have in your server.

Quote · 10 Feb 2010

I am sorry. I though that since it used the API keys that they has to be in the Facebook Connect in order for all this to work. I made the changes and the mod works perfectly. I have one other question. How can I place the Facebook on the front page? So people can use it on the front page when they log into the site. I noticed in Dolphin 7 I can not make a button for it and it is not in any other inactive menu.

Quote · 10 Feb 2010

just to get this clear, you are saying that you can purchase from the market, but have no way of posting to the modders forum for that specific product that was purchased?

Anton, AlexT, Leonids, can we look at this, because paid membership or not here on the site, if any unity member purchases a mod from any modder or vendor, they should have a means of two things, rating the product and contacting the author of the product, this should be by default, and should never have been placed in this D7 bugs forum, because essentially modifications or addons are not going to be addressed in trac, and this is something that should be handled by the authors of the product.

please look into this and see if there is something you can get done about this?

Regards,

DosDawg

P.S. i have installed kevins facebook for D7 on about 25 accounts, and have not had any issues. the issues that are mentioned here, when changes are made on FB, then of course we have to update the mod, but this would not necessarily be considered a "bug"

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 12 Feb 2010

I can not send or receive e-mail to anybody. I can purchase from the market, but can not leave a comment on their mods. Some people do not give there contact information on mods that they sell to. So unless I am a paid member of boonex I can not do much. I own 2 unlimited license and was able to contact people before, but not anymore. Not anybodys fault. I just do not think I should have to purchase a membership for something I was a member off in the past.

Quote · 14 Feb 2010

Facebook mod is fine now. No problems.

Quote · 14 Feb 2010

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.