Fake e-mail addresses

Hi,

Is there a way to stop people from becoming members until they confirm their email address? I've been getting new members that sign on with fake e-mail addresses. What will happen if I activate them before they confirm? Is there something that I could do to make sure the e-mail the they list is for real? Thanks in advance for any help with this problem.

Quote · 17 Nov 2012

yoursite.com/administration/settings.php?cat=6

Admin>Settings>Moderation Settings

Postmoderation

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 17 Nov 2012

for 7.1

http://yoursite.com/administration/advanced_settings.php

Moderation

Then select choices.

Quote · 17 Nov 2012

Hey newton, it's been a long time, how are ya doing these days? btw, not many choices to chose from. here is what I can see,

Automatic profile activation after joining:
Do not change profile status after editing profile information:
Automatic profile confirmation without Confirmation Email:
Quote · 17 Nov 2012

if I turn off automatic approval after joining does that give me the admin the right to reject yahoo's? I say this with sarcasm but emails in my industry are very easy to tell if they are really an email unlike fry@yahoo.com.   

Csampson
Quote · 17 Nov 2012

@jagsinc1, things are going very well, Thanks. Hope for you as well.

Using those features you can set to activate after being sent a link to "prove" your email is right.

On an adult site of mine all are off so I can "approve" whom I want on the site, this also controls the photos and images to be looked over before allowing to be a member, works great for me.

You can experiment with what settings work best for you.

Make sure you inform the person on the join page that their email will have to be verified before activation..

Quote · 17 Nov 2012

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.