Feature request: "clickable" tags in profiles

When you put a tag field on a member profile, it would be nice if each of those tags were "clickable" links, that wold take you to other profiles with the same tags.

Quote · 26 Nov 2009

I'll put a tag request here.. Ability to randomize the tags as well please.. Or to have most popular tags displayed on the front page. right now they are all in alphabetical order.. If there is a way to do this already, I haven't seen it..

Quote · 24 Feb 2010

Plus I still don't know what happens when people keep adding more tags - I think they just get cut off at whatever letter of the alphabet they happen to be on when you reach the limit.  My tag cloud doesn't work anyway - every tag returns all members, whether they have that tag or not.  Too bad - it would be a nice thing to have working.

Quote · 24 Feb 2010

yipes.. are you using D7? My tags actually work really well... but my users put so many in, all I see are tags that start with the letter "A" :(

Quote · 26 Feb 2010

Do we have this yet?  I have tags showing in profiles, but they're not clickable.  Not sure what the point is if people can click on them to find other people who use the same tags... 

Quote · 2 Apr 2017

Taggs are only as good as the people who create or add them to their profiles. I think they're a total waste of time  and that's why I use searchable fields instead. 

When I view a person's profile, I can click any searchable field such as a town, interest or even shoe size. See attached image.

Searchable fields is a $15 mod created by AntonLV and I reckon it's one of the best mods ever created for Dolphin. Once set up, I can decide what field is searchable and what isn't. I couldn't live without it.

https://www.boonex.com/market/search?q=searchable+fields

searchable.jpg · 11.7K · 315 views
Quote · 2 Apr 2017

You can also look at  the Interests mod which is a suitable replacement for tags.

Paypal email is jeromemingo@gmail.com - http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/modzzz
Quote · 3 Apr 2017

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.