Font Colors in Orca

Where and how can I edit the font color (default) in Orca.  I have someone working on this and He and I, can not find the relevant CSS file in Orca to change what the color of the default font.  Background is currently white and font (text) is white.  Dolphon site is using a template, by Flashdaweb..  Dreamline.  Any help on this would be great.

regards

Jeffrey  Euen-Gow

http://clubbeyourself.com

clubbeyourself
Quote · 5 Jun 2008

search orca/base/main.css for     background:#FFFFFF;

change fffff to transparent

get my xray tool from www.darrenpowless.com to find all classes that need to be transparent, theres a lot

easy as pie

I have video tutorials to help you mrpowless.com
Quote · 5 Jun 2008

mrp

where you been o wonderous one. i knew you would come around and kick us some help. will be going to download your easy as pie thingo this evening.

holla

DosDawg

mrp

are you not being nominated for moderator or any of that stuff. you know i read the rules about membership levels, and there is nowhere written about needing a popular vote to be a moderator. and i dont see why you have to provide an extension in order to be a moderator? oh well not my gig. gotta find something simple and easy to submit so i can make a moderator status.

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 5 Jun 2008

google "xray" link says xray for webmasters in cse mine wont go into your bookmarks...its an awesome tool!

you click this bookmrk a little popup opens...you click on part of your page and it tells you the class

and if you know your files them you can find the class right quick

if changes do not take effect add rules to it

Quote · 6 Jun 2008

mrpowless,

i knew you would have the answer if you came to this forum. thank you and will be applying this method this weekend.

later,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 8 Jun 2008

okay well MRPOWER i got a question

can you put up a video explaining to us how to change the orca fonts and banner and adding 1 photo to the user name

as in orca stand alone you cant do this and i was wondering if there was away at all

I know you can put up a video just for us MRPOWER ( how to change the orca fonts and add a photo to each account )Wink

Quote · 10 Jun 2008

get my xray tool from www.darrenpowless.com to find all classes that need to be transparent, theres a lot

easy as pie

There is also    background: white     to be changed to transparent.

I also had to make some changes in .xsl files as there was some inline css in there (grrrr !) and my backgrounds are black and grey.

I'll have a look at your xray tool to see what it does. I currently use the Web developper toolbar on Firefox to get info on classes  and then search for references to them in the files (copy of site on my hard drive) using PSPad.

Quote · 14 Jul 2008

I have the same problem, I purchased Moonlight skin M5 from MasterTheme and the font is invisible in the orca forum. When the cursor moves over it it highlights to red. I changed it to 'transparent' in the main.css file, as explained - no change. After that I also changed the white color to 'transparent' - no change. It seems that the there is something else to do, who I dont know about.

Quote · 17 Aug 2008

I have the same problem, I purchased Moonlight skin M5 from MasterTheme and the font is invisible in the orca forum. When the cursor moves over it it highlights to red. I changed it to 'transparent' in the main.css file, as explained - no change. After that I also changed the white color to 'transparent' - no change. It seems that the there is something else to do, who I dont know about.

i would get with the author of that template and ask them to make it orca compliant. templates arent selling very good any more that are not orca compliant. the theme not only needs to be addressed on the dolphin side, but the theme needs to work on orca as well. or they should advertise that it does not. also, just a wonderful thought, we as users need to have enough snap to know to ask if the template will work with orca. because i am telling you, i have made this same mistake, and basically IMHO it renders the template useless if you cannot use it in dolphin as well as use the template in orca.

later,

DosDawg

Quote · 19 Aug 2008

worked well for me.

easy as pie

Quote · 22 Aug 2008

How to get that so called xray tool on Mr. Powless site? I visited the XRAY site on the web also and when I dragged the XRAY tool to favourites – It could not be added in favourites.

What’ the trick?

Quote · 27 Aug 2008

Hey there just drag it to a quick link....what browser....I think they have exact instructions

drag to bookmarks

http://www.westciv.com/xray/xray_more.html

its the best cheat hack(son's lingo) on the planet....firebug has too much stuff this is a tiny tiny little sweet tool

Quote · 28 Aug 2008

Thanks for the tips on this but I'm having a bit of trouble with the actual posts.

As you can see here: http://www.face-plant.co.uk/orca/#topic/First-Post.htm its white text on white backfround.

When I use XRAY I get told its tbl_p_msg so when I look there I get:

#f_tbl .tbl_p_msg
{
 position:relative;
 height:auto;
 padding-top:30px;
 padding-bottom:10px;
 padding-right:5px;
 padding-left:128px; 
 margin-left:0px;
 width:624px;
 border-bottom:1px solid #B5B5B5;
 text-align:justify; 
 background-image:url(../img/author_bg.gif); 
 background-repeat:repeat-y;
    line-height:15px;
}

To that I have added:  background:#000000;

Still it turns up white.

Any ideas where this value is hiding? author_bg.gif is transparent from what I can see.

Quote · 12 Oct 2008

in /public_html/groups/orca/layout/uni/xsl/forum_posts.xsl at line 100

change to:

<div id="f_tbl" style="background-color:#000000;"

it´s all.

Regards,

Hozkarcr

Quote · 30 Nov 2008

same problem

I used xray to find table(cool tool)

found table and changed css...

No change...

i am getting a server error when i try to save changes.It says that the server cannot change permission in xls/forum_post.xls

I chmod this file to allow me but the server will not make the chmod change.....so...

cannot change the background color.

Any idea why i cannot change the chmod for this file and is there another wat to do this.

White font on white background sucks.lol

Quote · 30 Jan 2009

anyone ?

Quote · 1 Feb 2009

change to:

it´s all.

Regards,

Hozkarcr

I am having an issue with the permmission in this file

What should the permmission be and

Why do i get an error that says server cannot change this permmission when i try to do these changes?

Can anyone help?

Quote · 1 Feb 2009

possible that apache or server has the rights, you  need to check this from your server file management...

Kids first
Quote · 1 Feb 2009

I also have problems with a Playbox template. White text on white background.

The tips metioned to make text readable don't work for me either.

Asking author how much to do a proper fix for this, but would appreciate any help to find a fix on my own if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Quote · 8 Feb 2009

change to:

it´s all.

Regards,

Hozkarcr

I am having an issue with the permmission in this file

What should the permmission be and

Why do i get an error that says server cannot change this permmission when i try to do these changes?

Can anyone help?

Try CHMOD the file to 777 that might work

~~Mike ~~ This Signature is missing something :(
Quote · 23 Mar 2009

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.