Forum Link

After a fresh install, I logged in and clicked on the Forum link which results in a blank white page. Other areas seem ok, still testing.

Any suggestions?

Thank

Quote · 4 Aug 2008

When logged in as an admin, I can now see error messages:

Warning: fopen(/home/channel2/public_html/orca/conf/params.conf) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/channel2/public_html/orca/inc/util.inc.php on line 263

I seem to be missing the params.conf file after install, any suggestions?

Quote · 5 Aug 2008

i am missing this file:

orca/conf/params.conf

can someone display the contents so I can create one, thank you for any help on this new installation

Quote · 6 Aug 2008

When you login to your dolphin admin panel then go to the plugins...orca a new params.conf file will be generated.

There really isn't much to the file. You can usually delete it and just go back to the orca admin area and a new one will be created or generated.

gameutopia

(sorry, but links restricted)

DialMe.com - Your One and Only Source For Boonex Dolphin Tutorials and Resources
Quote · 6 Aug 2008

You can get the file in your zip distribution.

The error shows permissions problem  ..... check permissions  .....

Quote · 6 Aug 2008

orca/conf/params.conf isn't included or part of the distribution. The file is created/generated upon logging into your orca admin area via the dolphin...plugins...orca admin link.

so if you are missing it login to your orca admin area. If you already have it, due to some upgrade issues. rename the file to params.conf-bk just in case.

then re-login to your orca admin area and the file will be re-generated, usually doing away with issues, unless you have other problems.

please see this link for additional reading:

http://www.boonex.com/unity/forums/?action=goto&topic_id=Upgrade-failed-Orca-language-compile

gameutopia

(sorry, links restricted here)

DialMe.com - Your One and Only Source For Boonex Dolphin Tutorials and Resources
Quote · 6 Aug 2008

I was referring to /orca/inc/util.inc.php ..... my fault  .....

Quote · 6 Aug 2008

thanks, after changing /orca/conf to 777 the file was created and the forum became viewable, however i get the following (something looks alittle corrupted):

[L[Forums Index]] ( [L[Manage Forum]] | [L[Reported Posts]] | [L[Compile Langs]]: en  )

* [L[Forums]]
* [L[Topics]]
* [L[Latest Post]]

test

[L[Forums Spy]]

Quote · 7 Aug 2008

You need to login to the orca admin area and compile the language file in the top right corner you will see a little "en"

Click on that link and your language file for orca will be compiled/re-compiled and

* [L[Forums]]
* [L[Topics]]
* [L[Latest Post]

will then be displayed correctly.

gameutopia

Quote · 7 Aug 2008

thank you gameutopia, after changing the properties to 777 for /orca i was able to compile as you suggested.

Quote · 8 Aug 2008

Thanks this helped me too :D

Quote · 22 Sep 2008

Hi, please - use search sometimes.

such questions asks million times, and it seems always present in Answers section too :)

and in install manual too

Quote · 23 Sep 2008

When I deleted the params.conf file I had to re register...

When you login to your dolphin admin panel then go to the plugins...orca a new params.conf file will be generated.

There really isn't much to the file. You can usually delete it and just go back to the orca admin area and a new one will be created or generated.

gameutopia

There are none so blind as those that will not see.
Quote · 23 Sep 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.