Friend request sent by Unconfirmed member

A member with the status Unconfirmed and membership level Promotion (set with Send friend request as unavailable) can send Friend request anyway...

Life is a fatal disease, sexually transmissible - Virginity is carcinogenic! Ask here for vaccine.
Quote · 13 Apr 2010

Hello!

Very strange because inactive member can't even open any profiles. Plz describe ur situation with more details.

Regard

Quote · 13 Apr 2010

Hi Leonid :-)

Something wrong with my members management...

After successive fresh installation from version 5.6 (last fresh install was 7.0), my Dolphin is now somewhere in between 7.0 and 7.0.1... I apply solved tickets day after day.

My Postmoderation settings: Automatic activation after joining is checked; the 2 other options are unchecked.

In my Admin panel Members management, I find daily some new members listed under Approval with their nickname in grey, some others are under Promotion with Active status and their nickname in blue and some other members under Unconfirmed with Standard membership and grey nickname...

For the members with Promotion membership, Active status and blue link, I receive a New member confirmed notification. Everything is all right.

For the other members who just joined, I receive a New member joined notification, that's OK. But I don't understand why their are splited under Approval or under Unconfirmed with Promotion or Standard membership... I cannot find any reason to that ???

Under Promotion are also listed members with a Rejected custom membership (who have Rejected status too but some forbidden actions was still possible to them), in this list their membership is displayed as Promotion that is wrong. In the database as well as in their profile edit page the Rejected membership is displayed right.

Today, a member who just joined, who has Promotion membership and Unconfirmed status did send at least a dozen of friend requests (Befriend)... Both his status and his membership doesn't allow to do such action...

Maybe this is just my own Dolphin doing that... this is possible... But I suspect something wrong with memberships, status and actions which have to be blocked.

Take it easy, you know me, I don't complain but try to be constructive... D 7.0 for now is a nice toy but not yet the tool that many people are waiting for since years :-))  The front end is nice, but the Admin panel still need some improvements. To live with day after day is very boring :-))

Never mind Leonid, all that is pet's wee (swiss sentence, you can use it as daily quote if you wish) :-)  I don't forget that lot of people, and animals too, are dying or suffering every single second quite everywhere in this world because of human crazyness :-((

Hope that the situation is better now in Bishkek and that you don't have too many problems there. That is much more important than our little or even big bugs... ;-)

Life is a fatal disease, sexually transmissible - Virginity is carcinogenic! Ask here for vaccine.
Quote · 13 Apr 2010

Hm, function checkAction which watching for possibility of exact action contains also checking of "viewer" status. So i gave to test user Promotional level and changed his status to Upproval. As result - this user couldn't open any profiles.

PS - i hope that situation here is getting better, but not quite sure :-\

Regard

Quote · 14 Apr 2010

Sorry but I don't understand that you mean... Anyway thank you for your answer ;-)

Quote · 15 Apr 2010

Hello Michel!

I mean that Dolphin mem level system when checks some action (like "view profile") always checks status of viewer. If this status is other than 'Active' then system breaks action. So it means - user with 'Unconfirmed' status can't view profile even if he has high membership level.

Regard

Quote · 16 Apr 2010

Hello Leonid :-)

I agree with you, this member with Unconfirmed status cannot see the profile but found a way to send Befriends... I don't know how he was able to do that, but he did...

Quote · 16 Apr 2010

I found that problem:

If a new Member join the site but doesn't upload any photo, he/she gets the status Unconfirmed - this is right.

If a new Member join the site and upload a photo, he/she gets the status Approval - this is wrong as this member still has not confirmed his/her email address.

Ticket added: http://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/ticket/1978

Quote · 22 Apr 2010

Hello Michel!

Yes, such problem was fixed. Thnx for report.

Regards

Quote · 23 Apr 2010

Thank you Leonid :-)

Dolphin is now so sophisticated that it is sometimes quite difficult to find where is the error when something is going wrong :-))

Could some BoonExer answer to this post:  http://www.boonex.com/unity/forums/forum/Dolphin-Betas-And-RCs-0.htm#topic/Profile-customizer-shared-and-import-themes.htm ???

Quote · 24 Apr 2010

Unconfirmed members still can send Befriends !!!

Quote · 1 May 2010

Hello!

Plz specify via twhat way they can do it, because view profile is closed for them. Need to cover other ways.

Regard

Quote · 20 May 2010

I have no idea how just a few unconfirmed users was able to send Befriends. I tried myself without finding the "hole" they used :-(

Quote · 20 May 2010

Beyond the problem of confirmation or not, must include an option in the administration of membership levels that prevents a level of access to the action block in flying an avatar with the mouse. My members are self-activated promoting level and validated to standard. Meanwhile, they can not visit a profile, but they can send friend requests via the avatar of any member.

Baloo
Quote · 16 Jun 2014

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.