Help! Error messages on links after installation

Hi all!

I am installing Dolphin for the first time and would greatly appreciate your help in setting things right.

I just installed the scripts, but the following links generate error messages instead, (Blogs, Photos, Videos, Music, Classifieds, Events, Forum, Articles). You can see for yourself at this link www.cityearth.org.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Quote · 30 Jul 2008

Just standard mod_rewrite problem, look by forum about 404 and permalinks,

seems just now I answer in Answers section, recheck

Quote · 31 Jul 2008

Thank you for your help, it helped on all links but "Forum". I still receive the 404 message on the forum link, even after I have changed modified all the ".htaccess" files in the main and sub folders.

Additionally, How do you access the admin area once the script is installed?

Thank you very much for your help!

Just standard mod_rewrite problem, look by forum about 404 and permalinks,

seems just now I answer in Answers section, recheck

Quote · 1 Aug 2008

Access Admin: yoursite.com/admin

Quote · 1 Aug 2008

Thank you to AndreVP and truluvlife, I appreciate your help.

I still however have a difficulty with two points:

1)-The forum still spits an error message,. Does Orca need to be installed separately? Any ideahow to address this please?

2)-I have a link-free license, do you know how to remove the default boonex news feed on the homepage?

You can see everything described above at the following address www.cityearth.org,

Iappreciate your help.

Thank you

Access Admin: yoursite.com/admin

Quote · 3 Aug 2008

1. What does the error message say? If you do a search here in the forums you will find the answer. It's all in the error code. 500 internal server error

2. Login to admin click on Builders > Pages Builder > Homepage > Hover over the news feed block till you see a four way curser then click and drag the block into the inactive area. That should solve your problem.

Rob

Quote · 7 Aug 2008

Thank you for your help Truluvlife!

I got the news links issues resolved , thank you.

I am still having the same problem with the forum even after trying everything suggested in the (500 internal server error) link you posted.

Any new suggestion please?

Thank you for your help.

1. What does the error message say? If you do a search here in the forums you will find the answer. It's all in the error code. 500 internal server error

2. Login to admin click on Builders > Pages Builder > Homepage > Hover over the news feed block till you see a four way curser then click and drag the block into the inactive area. That should solve your problem.

Rob

Quote · 11 Aug 2008

Hey, what happens when you try to access Orca in Admin? Is your chat working?

Rob

Quote · 11 Aug 2008

Hey, what happens when you try to access Orca in Admin? Is your chat working?

Rob

Thank you for your inquiry. 

I can't access Orca in admin area.

Chat does not load either..

Any suggestion please?

Quote · 12 Aug 2008

Hiya, sometimes people forget to enable chat in advanced settings and it causes problems like not being able to access chat or orca, I hope your problem is as simple as that.

Rob

Quote · 12 Aug 2008

Hiya, sometimes people forget to enable chat in advanced settings and it causes problems like not being able to access chat or orca, I hope your problem is as simple as that.

Rob

Thank you Rob.

I just checked, and that is not the reason...

Ray is enabled in advanced setting...

Quote · 12 Aug 2008

orca is mostly plug and play

404 means not there..confirm you have an orca folder and all contents matching original download from boonex zip

I have video tutorials to help you mrpowless.com
Quote · 13 Aug 2008

404 means not there..confirm you have an orca folder and all contents matching original download from boonex zip

this might be topic hopping, but here goes, just find a moderator to delete it :D.

mrp,

you say orca is plug and play, have you read the posts where we are having problems with the rss feeds coming from orca to the front page using an rss block? i never seen this on 6.0 or even 6.1.2. you know i had my fair share of orca problems, and i basically worked them all out with the advice from you and some others, but this one seems to be stumping a group of us in the community.

holla at me and lets see if we can figure this out.

later,
DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 13 Aug 2008

Thank you for your assistance,

I do have all the files from boonex zip.

Still trying to find a solution....

Quote · 13 Aug 2008

Can anyone come up with some idea's for this guy??

Quote · 16 Aug 2008

Hi all!

I am installing Dolphin for the first time and would greatly appreciate your help in setting things right.

I just installed the scripts, but the following links generate error messages instead, (Blogs, Photos, Videos, Music, Classifieds, Events, Forum, Articles). You can see for yourself at this link www.cityearth.org.

Thank you in advance for your help.

At this point, I would like to pay someone to fix this problem.

Is any of you able and interested?

Please post me a note....

Thank you.

Quote · 23 Aug 2008

Did you get this solved? I am trying to read all of the posts about .htaccess and modrewrite but it is not making any sense to me right now.

Thanks.

Quote · 25 Aug 2008

Did you get this solved? I am trying to read all of the posts about .htaccess and modrewrite but it is not making any sense to me right now.

Thanks.

No, I have not solved the problem yet, still want to pay someone to address the matter...

Can you help?

Quote · 27 Aug 2008

Rob

Thank you Rob.

I just checked, and that is not the reason...

Ray is enabled in advanced setting...

make sure you have selected 'Ray'and not 'Ray Pro' you need 'AdFree' for Pro.

There are none so blind as those that will not see.
Quote · 28 Aug 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.