Hours Server

hello Boonex team ^^

How can we update hours server.... We are un France, and Provider in USA, Hostupon (The best !!!!!!!)

And time is decaled... lol

Thanks a lot !

PS : BOONEX is THE BEST !!!

Quote · 12 Sep 2009

Add this line to the .htacccess file in your sites root directory:

SetEnv TZ Europe/Paris

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 12 Sep 2009

I'm also having this problem.

Including emails sent by my site are always with -4 hours in relation to time in my country.

I tried using the above solution (putting a timecodezone my country), but it did not work.

Does anyone know how to solve this? Thank you!

Quote · 24 Oct 2013

Set it in your php.ini file on your server..

Quote · 24 Oct 2013

I've changed, and it did not work. I changed Apache, restart it and did not work. Changed via WHM, and it did not work.

Is there any configuration file in Dolphin that may be interfering in timezone?

Quote · 24 Oct 2013

Read through the PHP manual on time zones: http://php.net/manual/en/timezones.php

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 24 Oct 2013

Yes, I already know the timezones. I've already set the php.ini

The server is already at the right time. The problem is that every email I get from my website comes with a different timezone, as if there is some setting within the dolphin using another timezone.

Quote · 24 Oct 2013

Ah, emails, I should have read a bit closer.  How are you sending emails?  Do you have an email server set up or are you routing emails through another mail server?  Dolphin does not timestamp the emails that go out; look at the mail server.

Quote · 24 Oct 2013

If your on shared hosting, then talk to your host.

If your on a VPS or Dedicated server then just change the servers clock to the proper time for your time zone.

If your on shared, your most likely out of luck with that. I don't believe the time on outbound emails can be changed. The mail server uses the servers time.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 24 Oct 2013

What I was trying to suggest is that if the mail server is not part of the sever that the webserver is on, it could have a different timezone setting.  If mail is being sent to a remote server, such as using the SMTP module to route email through gmail, then the emails are going to have the timestamp from the remote mail server; correct?

Quote · 24 Oct 2013

I have a VPS in Hostupon. I set up the SMTP dolphin using the smtp of my vps (with an account I created just for the site dolphin). But, all the emails I get from my site dolphin, comes with timezone different from mine. I've already set the VPS. I've configured the phpini and has set up the htaccess. I cleaned cache dolphin. Restarted Apache. And I still get emails with -4 hours relative to correct.

I also used different timezones. The correct should be America/Sao_Paulo, but when I set it, and I see in apache, it puts a different time of my (-4 hours). So I'm using the Europe/Rome, which for whatever reason, makes apache to get the correct time from my country (now here are 16 hr, for example).

But, I have done all these changes the timezone and does nothing to change the time I receive the email, which always comes with -4 hours. So I thought the problem was some configuration dolphin. I do not know what else to do.

Quote · 24 Oct 2013

I have a VPS in Hostupon. I set up the SMTP dolphin using the smtp of my vps (with an account I created just for the site dolphin). But, all the emails I get from my site dolphin, comes with timezone different from mine. I've already set the VPS. I've configured the phpini and has set up the htaccess. I cleaned cache dolphin. Restarted Apache. And I still get emails with -4 hours relative to correct.

I also used different timezones. The correct should be America/Sao_Paulo, but when I set it, and I see in apache, it puts a different time of my (-4 hours). So I'm using the Europe/Rome, which for whatever reason, makes apache to get the correct time from my country (now here are 16 hr, for example).

But, I have done all these changes the timezone and does nothing to change the time I receive the email, which always comes with -4 hours. So I thought the problem was some configuration dolphin. I do not know what else to do.

No. It's the VPS itself.

Shell in as root and run the command date

I think you will find the date it reports is incorrect. That's the servers time clock. The php settings do not change that. PHP settings only allow scripts to run as if they were in a different time zone. It's intended for hosting where websites may reside in different time zones. But that's just scripts. Most everything else on the server uses it's system clock.

Windows has a clock, so does Linux.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 24 Oct 2013

So the only solution is to ask for hostupon change the timezone on their machine? I already changed the timezone apache in WHM and did not work. I'll try to talk to support to see what can be done. Must have a solution. It would be too bad to stay with a timezone different in emails.

Quote · 24 Oct 2013

So the only solution is to ask for hostupon change the timezone on their machine? I already changed the timezone apache in WHM and did not work. I'll try to talk to support to see what can be done. Must have a solution. It would be too bad to stay with a timezone different in emails.

If you have WHM, you can change the time easily for both the server and PHP (or only one or the other).

For the server time, go to WHM -> Server Configuration -> Server Time. Select the desired timezone from the drop-down list and click "Change Timezone" to save. You can optionally sync the time afterwards.

For PHP's timezone, go to WHM -> Service Configuration -> PHP Configuration Editor. Toggle the advanced editor mode to view more options, and look for "date.timezone". For a list of supported timezones in PHP, see: http://php.net/manual/en/timezones.php. So for example, EST could be "America/New_York".

You may need to restart Apache afterward for the changes to take effect (WHM -> Restart Services -> HTTP Server (Apache)).

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 24 Oct 2013

Beside the suggestions already made, depending on your OS check your LC settings and use a properly configured NTP daemon for updating the time. You can also try google for "tzdata" and your OS

Check my GeoDistance, Watermark, TorBlock and Android Push Notifications mods | http://goo.gl/H3Vp81
Quote · 24 Oct 2013

If you have WHM, you can change the time easily for both the server and PHP (or only one or the other).

For the server time, go to WHM -> Server Configuration -> Server Time. Select the desired timezone from the drop-down list and click "Change Timezone" to save. You can optionally sync the time afterwards.

For PHP's timezone, go to WHM -> Service Configuration -> PHP Configuration Editor. Toggle the advanced editor mode to view more options, and look for "date.timezone". For a list of supported timezones in PHP, see: http://php.net/manual/en/timezones.php. So for example, EST could be "America/New_York".

You may need to restart Apache afterward for the changes to take effect (WHM -> Restart Services -> HTTP Server (Apache)).

Thanks! But before I had done exactly that. But still continues to send the email with the wrong time. :/

Quote · 24 Oct 2013

Beside the suggestions already made, depending on your OS check your LC settings and use a properly configured NTP daemon for updating the time. You can also try google for "tzdata" and your OS

I'm researching it. Thanks!

I think the standard procedures I've done and have not solved. Really do not know why the emails continue sending with wrong times.

Quote · 24 Oct 2013

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.