How to detect the language of visitors ?

Is there a plugin or something that detect the language of the visitor and could show the site in his language ??

i bought a translation pack so i would like my visitors from france see the site in french and people from thailand see it in thai.. and so on

any idea ?

thanks

Quote · 23 May 2016

I'd like my visitors from France to learn English.

I'll speak French, when I go to France.

What happens when they start posting in French and you don't know what they're on about?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MichelMeta-Travel.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TravelNotes.org - The Online Guide to Travel
Quote · 24 May 2016

i understand what you say and in some ways i agree... But with all my respect I consider it's my duty to bring comfort to my visitors and make the site registration and navigation as simple as possible. After when they talk together, it's none of my business... if they want to write chinese hindi or english i'm not concerned...

And remember one thing, when you are american and make a website, your have a potential of 300 millions users... When i make a website in France i must be visible in 5 or 6 countries to have the same potential... and unfortunately some people still don't speak english...

so my question is still opened... thanks

Quote · 24 May 2016

If I am correct, Dolphin is determining the correct language by your system language and also is doing it for visitors.

If the user/visitor select another language this is stored in the "lang" cookie. If I am not correct and Dolphin is not determine the language for visitors you can write a small JS to determine it, save it into the "lang" cookie and reload the site.

That should work, have fun ;)

http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/paansystems - your resource for Dolphin Pro
Quote · 24 May 2016

thank you... but i don't see any lang cookie....

i use Dolphin 7.3

;)

Quote · 24 May 2016

Just create the "lang" cookie with a value as language code and see what happens ;)

http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/paansystems - your resource for Dolphin Pro
Quote · 25 May 2016

It should already pick up where user is from, and if you have that language installed, it should display in persons location language.  Example dolphin comes with the Russian language you can install. If you install this and someone from Russia views your site, it should show in Russian. This is how it was supposed to work before 7.3, but not sure if it still works. 

caredesign.net
Quote · 27 May 2016

Thanks PofessorSr   but i bought a pack of translation with about 30 languages  it works when people want to change it   but it does not detect the language maybe it's not well installed... don't know

Quote · 28 May 2016

What countries are users trying to view site from. If they are in English speaking countries, then the dolphin site will show in English. Do you have testers in other countries that are checking for you. You can't use a Russian speaking person living in the US and expect the site to show in Russian. They would have to be accessing the site from Russia.

caredesign.net
Quote · 29 May 2016

The language pack itself has nothing to do with auto detection. Dolphin handles that, and it's based on how the visitor has their browser setup. If the browsers locale is set for a language other than English then dolphin will detect that and switch to that language if it's installed.

Also keep this in mind. Once a member selects a language on the site using the language switcher, then the last language selected is the one it will always use. This is because a cookie is set which remembers the last language that was selected.

You need to make sure anyone you have testing it has their browser configured to a language other than English as default, and has never used the sites language selector.

You can't get a proper test of the auto detection if you have switched languages manually already.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 29 May 2016

deano don't get me wrong, i did not complain about the language pack, i'm happy with it... i jsut said i had it and wanted to know how my visitor could have the site with their language automatically... But according to what you say it' seems a little difficult for most of my visitors use smartphones...

so like the language in top menu i will find a way to help them switch the language and it will work fine...

thanks...

Quote · 31 May 2016

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.