How to embed

Ive been trying to insert into the front page a static php program, but I have been having trouble. Ive tryed to place it where the Promo code goes through the Custom html editor in the admin basic settings but, it wont allow me to insert php code, and ive tryed to hard code it into my template and by doing an include into the template but nothings working. Anyone with any suggestions?

Quote · 20 Aug 2008

wow,

where are and what are you trying to do? i think you are dealing with something i have never heard of " a static php program" but i could be wrong. exactly what are you trying to accomplish. one clue though, "HTML EDITOR" means just that, html.

later,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 20 Aug 2008

Im referencing what the developer calls it, it is actually a module that was developed for joomla and the developer has created a static version to use on standard php based sites instead of installing as a module which is how you do it with joomla.

So what im trying to do is where the Promo code in the tmpl_uni /page_1.html Im trying to remove the __promo_code__ and insert a php include in that section for a slide show as seen on http://new.music.yahoo.com/ .

But the php code whether I place it in the template or try to do an include to another file to insert the php code it will not show, now if i type in the area standard text it will show.

From what Ive been used to you can insert or embed php code into an html file for it to work but this seems to not work in this template. ?

Quote · 21 Aug 2008

Does anyone know where the promo code is kept? is it in the database, if so what table?

Quote · 21 Aug 2008

Thinking out loud, I'm wondering if this is an issue where an iframe might help?

Rob

Quote · 21 Aug 2008

Thinking out loud, I'm wondering if this is an issue where an iframe might help?

Rob

You know What I gave it a try with an [echo "hello world";] in an iframe and it worked, even through the html editor for custom html promo. I'll give this a try later with the actual script to see if it functions appropriately and give you a shout back with the results. Thanx Caltrade for the help I like this option better so Im not hard coding anything and changing the core files, makes for easier updates you know. This wasn't an avenue that had cross my mind, thanx again.

Quote · 21 Aug 2008

Depending on your code or how you intend to code it this may be possible. I'm not totally sure what you are shooting for. I know james at boonexnerd.com had some kind of guide not to long ago that rings a bell for something similar. Not 100%, but worth looking into.

Some times you can use html and php together you'll have to play around but for example:

<html>

whatever code

</html>

<?php

php code

?>

<html>

back to html

</html>

You can some times go back and forth numerous times depending on what you are trying to acheive.

It just takes some exploring and testing.

Good Luck!!

gameutopia

DialMe.com - Your One and Only Source For Boonex Dolphin Tutorials and Resources
Quote · 21 Aug 2008

Depending on your code or how you intend to code it this may be possible.

You would have to set the server to parse HTML as PHP which is a whole nuther story  ..... 

Quote · 21 Aug 2008

Ive been trying to insert into the front page a static php program, but I have been having trouble. Ive tryed to place it where the Promo code goes through the Custom html editor in the admin basic settings but, it wont allow me to insert php code, and ive tryed to hard code it into my template and by doing an include into the template but nothings working. Anyone with any suggestions?

The best way probably would be to just create a file with PHP extension and call it as an include in the file where you want it to show like <?PHP include("yourfilename.php"); ?>  ..... 

Quote · 21 Aug 2008

Ok here is an Update , I went and tryed the iFrame for this and It worked great! Thanks Again CalTrade! And thanx to eveyone else who helped too, as you can see from the screen shot it blends in perfectly and Works well in IE6 , 7 and

Firefox. The section I was applying here was the movie section at the top, next to that on the right where it says Spinner.com, and the Live search section just below the movie section. Again thanx for everyones help and like always quick response, sorry if mine on this topic was a little slow but I had to work 8 days of 12 hour shifts, but any how, this works by using the admin/ custom html and or including this in the tmpl_uni /page_1.html within the " __promo_code__" section of the template by replacing it with your iframe. It works both ways. The only glitch I did find was I had  to make sure all links within my script opened a _blank page within the <a href="link" target="_blank"> or it would open within the iframe. Not a pretty sight to see a whole page in an iframe I might say.

If anyone cares to see it in full view here is my site : www.ttchat.dtdns.net

website

Quote · 30 Aug 2008

Your site looks good, I like the spinner.com box. How did you do that?

Stuart

There are none so blind as those that will not see.
Quote · 30 Aug 2008

Thanx, you can go to http://music.aol.com/help/syndication to get it, its a Widget.

Quote · 30 Aug 2008

linksys7 wrote:

I went and tryed the iFrame for this and It worked great! Thanks Again CalTrade! And thanx to eveyone else who helped too, as you can see from the screen shot it blends in perfectly and Works well in IE6 , 7 and Firefox.

-

You are welcome!  I beg for help so often here that it is nice to know that at least occassionally I help someone else.  Thanks also for posting the feedback- that is always nice.  Your site looks great by the way.

-

Rob

Quote · 30 Aug 2008

linksys7 wrote:

I went and tryed the iFrame for this and It worked great! Thanks Again CalTrade! And thanx to eveyone else who helped too, as you can see from the screen shot it blends in perfectly and Works well in IE6 , 7 and Firefox.

-

You are welcome!  I beg for help so often here that it is nice to know that at least occassionally I help someone else.  Thanks also for posting the feedback- that is always nice.  Your site looks great by the way.

-

Rob

Thanx for the compliment. I too ask for help and sometimes not get answers but I don't expect it, and the help I do get Is Always appreciated and your most welcome for the feedback.

Quote · 31 Aug 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.