How to integrate PlayThru captcha

Like many people know, Google Recaptcha cannot be used in China.

The more so, many may find this captcha bad looking or inappropriate for their sites.

So, taking this into consideration, I decided to publish my PlayThru integration that I some time ago made for one of my clients.

Here you can see what this captcha looks like:

Ok, let's get to the point:

First, you need to register on the site: http://portal.areyouahuman.com/signup/basic

After that, you will be provided with two keys: Publisher Key and Scoring Key which can be obtained from your dashboard: http://portal.areyouahuman.com/dashboard/

In the Dashboard, you should also choose PHP as the Platform and Embedded as the Game Style.

You will need to enter those keys somewhere on your site, but you don't have a place for that yet :-)

So, you will have to create these parameters manually in the database by running these two queries:

INSERT INTO `sys_options` SET `Name` = 'sys_playthru_key_publisher', `kateg` = '14', `desc` = 'PlayThru Key Publisher', `order_in_kateg` = '70';
INSERT INTO `sys_options` SET `Name` = 'sys_playthru_key_scoring', `kateg` = '14', `desc` = 'PlayThru Key Scoring', `order_in_kateg` = '80';

Then go to Admin Panel -> Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Security and enter those two keys in there.

I have attached two files. One file, playthru.zip should be extracted into the plugins directory of your Dolphin's installation folder.

The other file, BxTemplCaptchaReCAPTCHA.php, should be placed in the scripts folder of your template, for example: templates/tmpl_alt/scripts/BxTemplCaptchaReCAPTCHA.php

That is it! Every time you switch to the ALT template, you will have PlayThru captcha instead of the default Google one.

You're welcome :-)

playthru.zip · 14.6K · 414 downloads
BxTemplCaptchaReCAPTCHA.php · 1.3K · 391 downloads
Quote · 28 Oct 2015

is this work with evotemplate ? thanks

Proud Hosted by Zarconia.net
Quote · 28 Oct 2015

That is it!

Thanks!! 

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 28 Oct 2015

is this work with evotemplate ? thanks

Yes, this should work for the EVO template, too.

Just place the file BxTemplCaptchaReCAPTCHA.php into the folder
templates/tmpl_evo/scripts/

Quote · 28 Oct 2015

weird not working for me

Quote · 28 Oct 2015

is there anything else i have to do ?

Thanks , i've done everything but can't see no captcha image in the join form ....

Quote · 28 Oct 2015

do i have to create something else to make it working , something like Captcha in the fuild builder of join form ?

Quote · 28 Oct 2015

do i have to create something else to make it working , something like Captcha in the fuild builder of join form ?

The Captcha block should be placed on the Join Form in Builders -> Profile Fields

Quote · 28 Oct 2015

Yes there's captcha block but nothing is been displayed , i can see only top red boarder but no full captcha at all...

captcha.png · 9.4K · 350 views
Quote · 28 Oct 2015

Yes there's captcha block but nothing is been displayed , i can see only top red boarder but no full captcha at all...

Could you please contact BoonEx online (bottom-right corner) and provide your FTP access?

Quote · 28 Oct 2015

will do now

Quote · 28 Oct 2015

The Captcha block should be placed on the Join Form in Builders -> Profile Fields

I'm not getting it either..

I removed the supplied keys in the settings thinking I would get my Google box back.

I get this.

[edit]

Putting the keys back in, shows this and also breaks the Birthday calendar. I am using the EVO template.

Removing the keys, the Birthday box works, but no Google captcha.

playthru1.JPG · 25.7K · 983 views
playthru2.JPG · 35K · 960 views
Quote · 28 Oct 2015

Ok, I have checked and added this line to my tutorial:

In the Dashboard, you should also choose PHP as the Platform and Embedded as the Game Style.

Thank you!

Quote · 28 Oct 2015

I found the area in the dashboard at the playthru site, now I see the captcha.. Cool

But, the Birthday box is still not working..

playthru3.JPG · 42.3K · 1003 views
Quote · 28 Oct 2015

I found the area in the dashboard at the playthru site, now I see the captcha.. Cool

But, the Birthday box is still not working..

The calendar works great on my site:

Do you have any custom Javascript?

1.jpg · 58.9K · 352 views
Quote · 28 Oct 2015

Do you have any custom Javascript?

Yes.

[edit]

I corrected and it now works. Great option for us! Thanks again.

Quote · 28 Oct 2015

newtown do you have any prob with viewing in the phone vertical way ? looks like right side not showing properly

Thanks

Quote · 28 Oct 2015

newtown do you have any prob with viewing in the phone vertical way ? looks like right side not showing properly

Thanks

Unfortunately, you can't change the width "dynamically", so if you change it for the mobile browser, it will also change for the site.

In the file templates\tmpl_evo\scripts\BxTemplCaptchaReCAPTCHA.php

replace

return $this->_ayah->getPublisherHTML();

with

return $this->_ayah->getPublisherHTML(array('setwidth' => '250'));
Quote · 28 Oct 2015

hmm i see what you mean , it change the inside and looks far better in the phone now lol but the site looks the inside small and the background red is big ... i think will leave it this way :)

Thanks for your help

Quote · 28 Oct 2015

background red is big

forms_adv.css

/****************************************
*        Custom reCaptcha Theme
****************************************/
.form_input_captcha {
    background-color: #b71800;
    padding: 0.5em;
    border-radius: 1em;
    position: relative;
    overflow: auto;
    max-width: 480px;
    font: 0.75em/1em "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
    color: #ffffff;
}

Change to:

/****************************************
*        Custom reCaptcha Theme
****************************************/
.form_input_captcha {
    background-color: #b71800;
    padding: 0.5em;
    border-radius: 1em;
    position: relative;
    overflow: auto;
    max-width: 480px;
    font: 0.75em/1em "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
    color: #ffffff;
    display:inline-block;
}

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 28 Oct 2015

@Igor_L

Would you be willing to make something like this an official change?

First add another install query such as this:

INSERT INTO `sys_options` SET `Name` = 'sys_playthru_use_playthru', `kateg` = '14', `desc` = 'Use PlayThru in templates that support it?', `type` = 'checkbox', `order_in_kateg` = '81';

Then use if statement in BxTemplCaptchaReCAPTCHA.php to use modified class (BxTemplCaptchaReCAPTCHA) if sys_playthru_use_playthru is on, else unmodified class if off. 

That way, I can design custom templates to use PlayThru if it is available, and also work with standard captcha... using the same BxTemplCaptchaReCAPTCHA.php file,

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 29 Oct 2015

@Igor_L

Would you be willing to make something like this an official change?

First add another install query such as this:

INSERT INTO `sys_options` SET `Name` = 'sys_playthru_use_playthru', `kateg` = '14', `desc` = 'Use PlayThru in templates that support it?', `type` = 'checkbox', `order_in_kateg` = '81';

Then use if statement in BxTemplCaptchaReCAPTCHA.php to use modified class (BxTemplCaptchaReCAPTCHA) if sys_playthru_use_playthru is on, else unmodified class if off. 

That way, I can design custom templates to use PlayThru if it is available, and also work with standard captcha... using the same BxTemplCaptchaReCAPTCHA.php file,

Thank you for your suggestion.

I will do it this weekend and include in the original post ;-)

Quote · 31 Oct 2015

Thanks for your work on this Igor!  I like this better than any other captcha method I have seen

Quote · 7 Nov 2015

Thank you,

Although I don't like this method because you're using something like macros in C and I don't really like them :-)

So, if I happen to do it another way, I will definitely publish it.

But for now, your method is the best :-)

Quote · 7 Nov 2015

@ Igor

I removed the code I posted, because after thinking about it, I thought it might detract from the original intent of your PlayThru integration, and possibly confuse people.   I'll just use my changes in a free template posted in the Tips forum, and I'll refer to this topic for the initial PlayTHru integration.

Sometimes I get a little overenthusiastic. This is your Playthru integration, and I should not have posted variations of it in the same topic.

Quote · 8 Nov 2015

hi sorry but somehow i read and read but my site now don't show captcha but red dot as someone asked above.

I did what was suggested.

I extracted advised plugin and uploaded it via ftp

also i am not sure if thats right but i added play through two codes in Google recaptha box as thats only boxes i saw.

am i doing it right?

http://www.clipular.com/c/5641207632363520.png?k=6qR8lcBc7QQJG54mXdxFyKjWeuo

For now, I have removed code of play and replaced with google and its google captcha working .

I think somehow I not added boxes, where i can add playthrough captcah. never mind but atleast i tried

thanks for help

anil

Quote · 9 Jan 2016

hi i have gone back to using google captcha as i can't use playthrough..

though i gave 2nd try.

Also in this trial process, somewhere something happened and now my join box shrunk..

any idea

http://www.clipular.com/c/5341491828883456.png?k=oIXJqe0XInzL67IUO5XDLbMiO1g

thanks for your help

Quote · 17 Jan 2016

Also in this trial process, somewhere something happened and now my join box shrunk..

any idea

Your problem is self-inflicted, and  unrelated to this modification.  Ask your question in a separate topic, and I'll answer it.

Quote · 17 Jan 2016

Hi ,

thanks and will ask seperately

by the way, your icon is very scary but you have been a great tool on this boonex. I seek your solutions and resolve

thanks for being there

Quote · 18 Jan 2016

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.