I need some assistance please

I was messing with my site and broke my forums. I get a blank screen when I click on any forum page, but the latest forum topics still show on the front page. Not sure what I changed though. If you want to help, see www.weareprogun.com. Thanks in advance for any assistance. Any suggestions welcome!

forum.png · 43K · 639 views
Quote · 1 Dec 2012

there is a 500 internal server error.

so much to do....
Quote · 1 Dec 2012

there is a 500 internal server error.

So, any suggestions what I did or what to do?

Quote · 1 Dec 2012

Your error reporting is off?

so much to do....
Quote · 1 Dec 2012

The last entry in the error log is Nov 27. It's the TemplateTwig know problem.

[29-Nov-2012 03:59:05] PHP Warning:  substr_compare() [<a href='function.substr-compare'>function.substr-compare</a>]: The length cannot exceed initial string length in /home/*******/public_html/inc/classes/BxDolTwigTemplate.php on line 43
Quote · 1 Dec 2012

Now I see this in error log repeatedly:

PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method BxDolTemplate::getCodeKey() in /home/********/public_html/profile.php on line 22

Quote · 1 Dec 2012

try this

in inc/classes/BxDolTwigTemplate.php

find 

return parent::parseHtmlByName ($sName . (substr_compare($sName, '.html', -5, 5) === 0 ? '' : '.html'), $aVars);

Replace With

return parent::parseHtmlByName ($sName . (strlen($sName) < 6 || substr_compare($sName, '.html', -5, 5) !== 0 ? '.html' : ''), $aVars);

Clear the cache after and see what happens..

https://dolphin-techs.com - Skype: Dolphin Techs
Quote · 1 Dec 2012

Getting better, but still broken! I no longer have HTTP500 error and blank page. Now I get a "Page not Found" on forums pages yet the forum topics are still showing on the homepage. See below.

forum2.png · 57.3K · 605 views
forum.png · 43K · 602 views
Quote · 1 Dec 2012

Looks like I will have to do the dirty deed and uninstall Orca module and reinstall... I hate loosing all my groups and topics, LOL. Takes a couple of hours to set them back up. Oh, well.

Quote · 1 Dec 2012

I just don't understand how Orca integrates with the main Dolphin code I guess. For the life of me, I do not see how you can get a "Page not Found" screen when you go to forums when every file in the module is there...

I performed a full website restore from a back up that was created 3 days before I had this error and I still get "Page not Found"????

Quote · 1 Dec 2012

If I didn't know better, I'd say the /modules/boonex/forum/index.php was missing

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 1 Dec 2012

Change your template back to uni and see if it works then!

Quote · 1 Dec 2012

If I didn't know better, I'd say the /modules/boonex/forum/index.php was missing

That is exactly how it acts, but it's there.. all files and permissions are correct. Here is a fresh FTP view of the directory on the server.

ftp.png · 44.4K · 582 views
Quote · 1 Dec 2012

No dice.

Quote · 1 Dec 2012

What does that error_log tell you?

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 1 Dec 2012

Did you play around witn any .htaccess files leading up to this?

Quote · 1 Dec 2012

This is getting more interesting by the minute. Error log has new entries now:

[Sat Dec 01 12:29:06 2012] [error] [client 67.65.165.57] client denied by server configuration: /home/*****/public_html/modules/boonex/forum/error_log
PHP Notice:  Undefined index: orca_integration in /home/******/public_html/modules/boonex/forum/profile_response.php on line 3

PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required 'BX_DIRECTORY_PATH_CLASSESBxDolRequest.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php53/lib/php') in /home/****/public_html/modules/boonex/forum/request.php on line 7

PHP Warning:  require_once(BX_DIRECTORY_PATH_CLASSESBxDolRequest.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/*****/public_html/modules/boonex/forum/request.php on line 7

PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant BX_DIRECTORY_PATH_CLASSES - assumed 'BX_DIRECTORY_PATH_CLASSES' in /home/****/public_html/modules/boonex/forum/request.php on line 7

PHP Notice:  Undefined index: orca_integration in /home/******/public_html/modules/boonex/forum/profile_response.php on line 3

Quote · 1 Dec 2012

Arxive hosting performed a PHP upgrade to PHP: 5.3.18. I think they use a command in .htaccess to do this since it's cgi managed PHP so multiple versions of PHP can run on a shared server. All of the Dolphin related info is still in the .htaccess file though.

Quote · 1 Dec 2012

The latest stuff is my doing.  All those other files are accessible via browser (sort of), but index.php is not.  This leads me to believe you changed something in a .htaccess file

Quote · 1 Dec 2012

The latest stuff is my doing.  All those other files are accessible via browser (sort of), but index.php is not.  This leads me to believe you changed something in a .htaccess file

I'll do some digging later and see if I can figure out what changed in the .htaccess file. I have to go into Houston for a bit. Thanks for help so far buddy.

Quote · 1 Dec 2012

Just compare the .htaccess files in your sites root, and in /modules/boonex/forum/ to the stock versions that ship with Dolphin.

Quote · 1 Dec 2012

Just compare the .htaccess files in your sites root, and in /modules/boonex/forum/ to the stock versions that ship with Dolphin.

The one in the root and the one in D7.1B1 are identical. I did open a ticket with my host. Maybe they can figure it out. Thanks for your help.

Quote · 1 Dec 2012

check your db see if the forum page is there.

Quote · 1 Dec 2012

check your db see if the forum page is there.

Yes, I see all tables and entries. Not seeing a problem with the db, especially since the latest forum posts are still showing on the home page.

db_forum.png · 297.9K · 566 views
Quote · 1 Dec 2012

sys_page_compose
sys_page_compose_pages

not the forum table.

Quote · 1 Dec 2012

sys_page_compose
sys_page_compose_pages

not the forum table.

Although I am not great at mySQL, I think it's there. Please see attached.

db_forum1.png · 152.5K · 288 views
db_forum2.png · 109.4K · 308 views
Quote · 1 Dec 2012

If you didn't try it already, download a fresh copy (7.1b) and replace the forum  folder but do not uninstall / install the current forum,

Quote · 1 Dec 2012

If you didn't try it already, download a fresh copy (7.1b) and replace the forum  folder but do not uninstall / install the current forum,

I tried that earlier today with no luck.

Quote · 1 Dec 2012

Did you try this?

Quote · 2 Dec 2012

Did you try this?

Yes, plus installed HoustonLively's template, changed to UNI, changed back now to my custom template. No luck.

Quote · 2 Dec 2012

If anyone is considering using Arvixe Web Hosting (Boonex preferred host @ www.boonex.com/hosting) BE WARNED.

Average response time to a support ticket: 11 hours. Knowledge level on Dolphin installations: Less than me.

Here is their response, 11 hours after I opened my support request,  to why my forums stopped working after they upgraded me to PHP 5.3.XX:

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. After investigation I can see that there is no forum/ directory under your public_html and that is why you are getting the not found error. I have tried http://weareprogun.com/index.php and it is loading fine for me. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you!

Khaleel Demeri
Jr. Technical Operations Officer
http://www.arvixe.com
Arvixe, LLC

Freaking unbelievable!

Quote · 2 Dec 2012

OK, the saga continues, but this may help you GURUs shed some light on the cause for me.

1. On weareprogun.com I uninstalled forum module
  2. I reinstalled forum module. Did not fix the "Page not Found" problem.
  3. I uninstalled the forum module.
  4. Created a new sub dir at weareprogun.com/beta and installed a fresh copy of the lastest SVN 17251
  5. Installed forum module on new site with UNI template
  6. Tested weareprogun.com/beta/forum - CRAP!

It pulls the "Page not Found" from the other directory including the Shark template.

Please try it when you have a minute.

weareprogun.com (forum module is uninstalled)

weareprogun.com/beta (forum module INSTALLED) - Click on Forum to see

Quote · 2 Dec 2012

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.