Installing Game mod by rayzzz

I installed a ray mod by the name of Games by rayz.

After I installed and followed all instructions I went to Admin Under Ray Base and it gives me this error

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /ray/modules/games/app/admin.swf on this server.

This has also happend for every other mod I have installed for ray. When I looked under my error log it gave me this line.

[Sat Jan 31 21:26:46 2009] [error] [client xx.x.x.xx] File does not exist: /home/xxxxx/public_html/403.shtml, referer: http://www.xxxxxxxxx.com/ray/index.php?module=global&app=admin&nick=xxxxx&password=xxxxxxxxx

Does anyone else have this problem or know have I can fix it?

Quote · 1 Feb 2009

I installed Flash 9 and I still get the same errors.

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /ray/modules/games/app/admin.swf on this server.

Quote · 1 Feb 2009

this issue is because you have used flash 10. i believe

Flash player 9

Flash Player 9 is the browser plugin you need. DO NOT INSTALL FLASH 10. Flash 10 will wipe out your ray base licenses and you can not put them back unless you use a different browser with Flash 9

http://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/wiki/RecSoftware

That doesn't make any sense.  Why on earth would flash player 10 break anything?  I have flash player 10 installed and couldn't resist trying to break things.  I couldn't... or do I need to try harder.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 1 Feb 2009

still need help please

Quote · 1 Feb 2009

I installed a ray mod by the name of Games by rayz.

After I installed and followed all instructions I went to Admin Under Ray Base and it gives me this error

Forbidden

This has also happend for every other mod I have installed for ray. When I looked under my error log it gave me this line.

[Sat Jan 31 21:26:46 2009] [error] [client xx.x.x.xx] File does not exist: /home/xxxxx/public_html/403.shtml, referer: http://www.xxxxxxxxx.com/ray/index.php?module=global&app=admin&nick=xxxxx&password=xxxxxxxxx

Does anyone else have this problem or know have I can fix it?

Part of the error in your post has " File does not exist: "

Make sure the ray files are there.

Quote · 1 Feb 2009

Problem solved.

Thanks anyways.

Quote · 1 Feb 2009

Problem solved.

Thanks anyways.

But, the real question:  How was it solved?  Please let us know so that other members may benefit from this.

Quote · 18 Apr 2009

this issue is because you have used flash 10. i believe

Flash player 9

Flash Player 9 is the browser plugin you need. DO NOT INSTALL FLASH 10. Flash 10 will wipe out your ray base licenses and you can not put them back unless you use a different browser with Flash 9

http://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/wiki/RecSoftware

That doesn't make any sense.  Why on earth would flash player 10 break anything?  I have flash player 10 installed and couldn't resist trying to break things.  I couldn't... or do I need to try harder.

I also have flash 10 installed and am not having any problems with it.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 19 Apr 2009

Problem solved.

Thanks anyways.

These forums become more useful when people post how they resolved a problem. It would be helpful to others if you posted the solution.

Quote · 19 Apr 2009

Hello Everyone!

I'm the new kid on the block and this is my first post. I hope it is helpful.

The Problem He was having was that he hadn't set the permissions in the Admin > Flash Apps > Games according to the instructions prior to trying to access the Games Admin...

Here are the files that need their permissions set and the value of each.

modules/rayz/games/xml/main.xml 666
modules/rayz/games/xml/config.xml 666
modules/rayz/games/xml/skins.xml 666
modules/rayz/games/xml/langs.xml 666
modules/rayz/games/files   (including all the contents within)

For those who need assistance doing this, simply access each of these files using your FTP Client.  Right Click on the file or Directory and select 'Properties".   Alternately, you can click on the file and press Ctrl+P.

All my best!

~Gary

Quote · 15 Feb 2011

how exactly do you install rayz games mod , where do i find my root directory

Quote · 30 Apr 2012

This isn't working for me and I can't seem to find these xml files in my iMac nor with a FTP. I used the sites FTP to upload the UnZipped file and it put it under temp. So I tried moving it under flash.... Still no progress. Once uploaded, it gave me no indication that anything happened and it will not show up in flash mods.

Quote · 20 Mar 2013

Please read the instructions for installing the module again and follow it exactly.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 20 Mar 2013

Sounds like great advice geek_girl.... Can you please point me to that much needed read?

Quote · 21 Mar 2013

Too many jerks and no one wants to take time to help anyone.... Lovely place of a bunch of friendly users.

I figured out where that read was.... It was in the UNzipped file that I transferred and never read because it was UNzipped. No where, could I find info on installing mods through 7.1.1. This was only my second time to try to install a mod ever. The first one never got installed because, I couldn't figure it out and the creator refused to help me.... So I deleted a PAID for mod. I PAID for this one too and you would think that a simple little guidance would be a great incentive to get more money out of me no matter how ignorant I am... But no.... Shall I return now that rayzzz refuses to give me a bit of guidance? I'm ignorant to 7.1.1 and mods, I'm not an idiot. (Ever hear of peoples health causing them to not be able to focus on too many words  nor comprehend some seemingly simple instructions?) Yeah... Who cares...

@rayzzz the mod is fine in flash... in Modules, it says that it is not compatible with 7.1.1. So now what?

Quote · 21 Mar 2013

Too many jerks and no one wants to take time to help anyone.... Lovely place of a bunch of friendly users.

Yes you will get that here; you will have to get used to the rhetoric. Damn, I sometimes even hate going on vacation, I will help you install your games module as I have many times before had to help with this one. Problem is I'm away from my main computer and on vacation.

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 21 Mar 2013

Tips.

Go back to the market entry.

1) Look for a forum button if there is one. All posts for support for a specific non boonex mod is to be done in the vendors forum. If there is no forum button then use the contact vendor button. Chances are the mod has not been updated for dolphin 7.1.

2) Before buying a module check the version compatibility. All vendors are required to list it on the market entry. If your version is not listed then you do not buy it. In that case you contact vendor first to ask about compatibility before you buy.

3) All modules come with instructions in the zip archive. File name would be readme or instructions. If a module does not come with instructions then it is a violation of boonex market rules and should be reported.

4) Always try direct contact with the vendor in the products specific support forum or by contacting the vendor directly. Reason. Unless we own a copy ourselves we cannot try to install it or even see it's instructions so we can't help. All modules are different.

On another note. Geek girls advice was proper. If you could not find instructions then ask that specific question. The fact that you could not find instructions was not something she would have known if you neglected to mention it and 99% of all module install problems are in fact because people did not follow the instructions or misinterpreted the instructions or in some cases i have encountered before they decided for themselves that the instructions were not properly written or inaccurate so decided they would do it the way they thought it should be.

Her advice was based on your post which indicated a strong possibility the files were not properly uploaded thus the logical conclusion was that the instructions were not followed. Your response was in my opinion unwarranted.

Quote · 21 Mar 2013

Thank you newton... I hope that you have a great vacation.

deano.... you didn't read my question either. It specifically states how and what steps I took. Which all of you can certainly tell that I didn't open the zip and therefor I would not have seen the instructions... so YOUR response is unwarranted and in response to your unwarranted response... bite me.

Quote · 21 Mar 2013

deano.... you didn't read my question either. It specifically states how and what steps I took. Which all of you can certainly tell that I didn't open the zip and therefor I would not have seen the instructions... so YOUR response is unwarranted and in response to your unwarranted response... bite me.

Alright now.. Let's ease up on the attitude..

Nothing to see here
Quote · 21 Mar 2013

Sounds like great advice geek_girl.... Can you please point me to that much needed read?

I stepped out to do clean the house. That mod does not come with an instruction readme?  Let me go check since I have that mod as well.

Quote · 21 Mar 2013

Rayz Game mod will work in 7.1; as I have it and have installed it on a test server.  One thing you need to know is that the games are not included in the module and have to be downloaded separately from a web page.

The instructions are sparse:

Games installation manual

1. Copy "modules" and "flash" folders to root directory of your Dolphin script.

2. Install "Games" widget via Ray Base (Dolphin administration -> Modules -> Flash Apps) and then register it with the license from BoonEx unity site.

3. Install "Games" module from Dolphin administration -> Tools -> Modules -> Not Installed modules

On 1. you just need to ftp up the directories modules and flash, the files they contain will be added to the site files and you do this at the Dolphin root.

On 2. you need to use a licence once the Flash module is installed.  It will check the permissions of the files to make sure they are correct.  If the flash module keeps saying that the registration key fails then contact Rayz for a new key.  Rayz does answer his messages.

There should be a part 3 that tells you to go to the web page to download the games. http://rayzzz.com/games/  Download all these zip files and extract them (without extracting to an extra folder) to "flash/modules/games/files" directory of your Dolphin 7.0 site  After you will get more than hundred games folders in that directory you should just login your Games admin panel from Flash Apps administration.  Or, you unzip them locally and upload them to the site keeping the folder intact if you can not extract them on the server.

Quote · 21 Mar 2013

We will also be happy to help you install the first module you purchased.  Please let us know the module.

Quote · 21 Mar 2013

Thank you geek_girl.... I have done all of that. I'm thinking of doing a reinstall but what will it do to my code and the flash app side if I remove the file?

As per my first mod... I deleted it. It's no biggy to me but the seller isn't getting anymore of my money.

Quote · 21 Mar 2013

Reinstall with no progress....

Quote · 21 Mar 2013

Thank you geek_girl.... I have done all of that. I'm thinking of doing a reinstall but what will it do to my code and the flash app side if I remove the file?

As per my first mod... I deleted it. It's no biggy to me but the seller isn't getting anymore of my money.

If you still have the first mod in your shopping history, you can download it again.

Quote · 21 Mar 2013

Reinstall with no progress....

Can you provide any information that might help us resolve the issue?  Also you can try to contact Rayz.  Is it failing at the registration part of the flash app?  I must say I don't like the idea of having to register but I also see the point in developers wanting to prevent unauthorised use of their modules.  Without some details of what may be failing, it is hard to help.

If you want to pm me the account information for your server; don't post it in the forum, I will be happy to try and install this module for you.

Quote · 21 Mar 2013

RE:

I often wonder how some people find their way home.  You give them perfectly good, sound advice, and they are too narrow minded to even realize it.

How does anyone expect to find installation instructions, without looking for them?   Are the instructions supposed to magically fall out of the sky?  I don't get it.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 21 Mar 2013

@geek_girl.... Sorry... rayzzz provided me an update and all is well now. As for the other mod... I really do want to just walk away from that one but the mod is "Extended_Photos_D7". I want nothing to do with this mod or the creator.

@houstonliply.... Really? You think that I didn't look for it in every place that I could think to look? Really? Let me just say, making a potential customer feel stupid and unwanted is not a bonus for business. So lets just get something straight, as long as you are making a positive presence, there is always something in it for you... so bite me...

Quote · 21 Mar 2013

I am glad that you have this fixed.  However, I don't see why you have to be rude to people.  Deano92964 is constantly on the forum helping people and his advice is solid advice and instead for his troubles he got a "bite me".  I was tempted to do as many and just move along to someone else needing help.  No one on the forums are obligated to help; we help because we care.  Sure, all of us has at one time or another been frustrated at a problem with Dolphin but telling those trying to help to "bite you" is not the way to make friends and is a sure way to get ignored if a cry for help comes in the future.

Quote · 21 Mar 2013

I don't think you understand the difference between a person being condescending or degrading and a person actually being helpful. I do and I apologize for offending you. I have asked hl to stay away from me a while back, since all he wants to do is tell me how stupid I am. deano, wasn't exactly trying to be helpful, now was he? No, condescending and degrading, not to mention trying to make it look like I was targeting you in my comment when I wasn't. I was targeting all of the mod creators living on the forums hoping for business and passing up the opportunity to help a potential customer because she is too stupid to be helped. deano, proved my point quickly. No body owes me anything, your right, I live by that reality. Not unless I purchase something from them. Respect is something that is earned, they haven't earned my respect and they aren't about to try because I'm too stupid. So why should I give them anything more in return? So you can turn this on me all you want.... the proof is in the comments.

Quote · 21 Mar 2013

I did read the post. And i believe this is where i misunderstood.

FTP to upload the UnZipped file

I figured out where that read was.... It was in the UNzipped file that I transferred and never read because it was UNzipped

Because Unzipped means unpacked and zipped means packed. So when you used the term unzipped it looked to me as if you unpacked it. (unzipped the zip file) which i am now guessing you meant the opposite.

Quote · 22 Mar 2013

Yes, deano, we've established my knowledge on all of this and I can see how that could be confusing. My apologies for that mess up in terminology during my chaos.

This one however, wasn't that confusing.... I wouldn't think. The thing is that if I knew what I was doing, I wouldn't be purchasing modules and asking stupid questions. Which is what you guys are hoping for otherwise you wouldn't make any money. Yeah, stupid people have the money that you are trying to get and passing up little opportunities like this doesn't put money into your pockets. Now, no one here is obligated to help a stupid person with a stupid question except for the person that sold the stupid person the item designed for stupid people, but if you're going to live on the forums and wait for that stupid fish to bite.... You get the picture.

I'll be happy to move on now. Shall we?

Quote · 22 Mar 2013

Seems the only one that called you stupid or inferred you were stupid is you.  It would be nice if you would not do that.  I doubt very seriously if any of us were born with this knowledge.  Everyone had to learn this stuff.  OK?

Quote · 22 Mar 2013

What do you want from me? I never said that anyone out right called me stupid. What do you want from me?

Quote · 22 Mar 2013

RE

@houstonliply.... Really? You think that I didn't look for it in every place that I could think to look? Really? Let me just say, making a potential customer feel stupid and unwanted is not a bonus for business. So lets just get something straight, as long as you are making a positive presence, there is always something in it for you... so bite me...

Well jcrotch... once in a while someone parachutes in and immediately comes across as a perfect asshole.   I would have stayed out of this topic, but when you were given some perfectly good insight, and the best reply you could come up with was "bite me", I just couldn't resist. You must lie awake at night coming up with sharp retorts t like that one.  You should probably step back for a while and let the little voices in your head quiet down a bit before you make any more posts. 

Quote · 23 Mar 2013

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.